OTG - USB Stickmount - Sees no mount

Search This thread

scorp888

Aug 23, 2006
So, OTG works out the box with the cable.

Mouse plugged in, cursor appears.

Rooted device.

Installed stick mount.

Inserted 64GB USB (ntfs formatted) drive/stick in.

I get stickmount - chainfire 1.5 searching...then nothing.

Going into Stick mount itself, select mount

Active Mounts - none.

Any suggestions? I'm new to android, so not sure what the next trouble shooting steps are.

T3kB0i

Aug 4, 2012
Atlanta
Paragon

Any suggestions? I'm new to android, so not sure what the next trouble shooting steps are.

Install the Paragon NTFS & HFS+ Beta app. I have no idea if the app is helping me, but I can read files off my 64GB flash drive just fine. One thing I noticed though, you sometimes need to unplug the whole adapter along with the USB flash drive. Simply unplugging the flash drive won't work, you might have to restart the Nex7 if it doesn't mount/unmount properly.

Just don't forget to un-mount from StickMount when you're about to unplug your flash drive, and when you're removing it, remove it with the whole thing (flash drive and adapter together).

Reactions: andreicd

scorp888

Aug 23, 2006
Thanks for the updates.

Cable works with a mouse, is that a good enough test?

Hmm, I'll try with 3 or 4 other drives, see if it's that. FAT32 will be a problem though, as it's 4gb + movie files I want to watch :)

r0zj0k3r

Jul 3, 2012
The middle of the ocean
I have a SAN disk 16 GB usb drive. stick mount sees it, attempts to mount, says its mounted and creates a folder in /sdcard/usbmount/sda1/ but the drive is not mounted.....Im using ext4 and had to use busybox to manually mount using a terminal emulator.

You can try busybox mount, but its a bit of a pain to have to do every time, not too sure where to put an automount using the blkid value, but it could be done. typically in *nix its done in a simple line in /etc/fstab

what is the equivallent for android?

calmfury

Jul 14, 2007
r0zj0k3r: What was the commandline use to manually mount your usb storage?

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Found it block device is at /dev/block/sda1 now need to add it to vold.fstab

r0zj0k3r

Jul 3, 2012
The middle of the ocean
r0zj0k3r: What was the commandline use to manually mount your usb storage?

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Found it block device is at /dev/block/sda1 now need to add it to vold.fstab

EDIT:
I'd didn't see your first question.. I just used a basic *nix mount command with busybox

busybox mount /dev/block/sda1 /sdcard/usb

it's not fun to type in every time (without a real keyboard) but it does work, with ext4/3/2. And since in a pinch it gets the job done I can use it. I just know there is a way, to set this up to auto mount. In any *nix flavor it too easy, and but since this is a bastardized Linux I don't know how/where everything works.

I found some stuff about vold.fstab but the syntax was a little confusing for me. Will these auto mount or do hdd's only mount on boot from that file?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

celawi

Nov 8, 2010
Mount problem

Used to work well except for being unable to unmount, but a restart would fix that and anyway I would get a usb stick mounted as sdb do it still worked.

Now, I don't know if it started after upgrading to 4.1.2 but I've noticed it since. Not even a restart would unmount it, I found a file probably left open on sda (only one file, left behind after plugging out the stick), and I deleted it, as well as the folder it was in. From then on I always had sda mounted and plugging the stick in again had no effect, I can't get it as sdb anymore.

I tried reinstalling stickmount, then I saw somewhere here that I should delete the usbStorage folder manually. From that moment my active mounts says none, it appears again when I plug the stick in but still none. Tried my mp3 player too, it was recognized but wouldn't mount either. i also tried another usb mounting app, it also recognized my stick, but pressing mount had no effect.

Any ideas please, I'm desperate?

pofadda

May 5, 2011
Bristol
Plugging in stick+OTG sees the stick flash before 'None' lets me down.
'Busybox mount' needs 'su' ISO Nexus7 being rooted.
It then doesn't see the stick anyway :(
Uninstalling Stickmount and then 'su busybox mount'-ing mounts nothing, too.
All the above with 2 OTGs and 3 sticks.
Bummer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
Used to work well except for being unable to unmount, but a restart would fix that and anyway I would get a usb stick mounted as sdb do it still worked.

Now, I don't know if it started after upgrading to 4.1.2 but I've noticed it since. Not even a restart would unmount it, I found a file probably left open on sda (only one file, left behind after plugging out the stick), and I deleted it, as well as the folder it was in. From then on I always had sda mounted and plugging the stick in again had no effect, I can't get it as sdb anymore.

I tried reinstalling stickmount, then I saw somewhere here that I should delete the usbStorage folder manually. From that moment my active mounts says none, it appears again when I plug the stick in but still none. Tried my mp3 player too, it was recognized but wouldn't mount either. i also tried another usb mounting app, it also recognized my stick, but pressing mount had no effect.

Any ideas please, I'm desperate?

You must be rooted to use Stickmount. Did you break root when you updated?

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

SUDroid

Nov 4, 2012
You could uninstall stick mount and reinstalling it to remove that issue. It worked out for my nexus 7.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

will stickmount work with any rooted phone with otg cable
It depends on the phone if it has otg support and if the rom is able to create a mount in the system.

pr126

Sep 21, 2012
Stickmount stopped recognizing sdcard after the recent JB 4.2.1 OTA updade.

It worked before, but quite often ES File explorer reported directory empty when card was mounted.

Root restored with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper after OTA update.
Checked root with Got Root, root OK

Not a cable problem, as Media Importer finds the card immediately every time.

Stickmount Pro uninstalled and reinstalled, no change.

Any suggestion?

toygixxer69

Oct 5, 2008
I can't seem to get rid of two movie files that's on the Movie app. It's also visible on ES Explorer. It all started from using Stickmount. I've removed Stickmount app, and the files still shows up. The files can't be deleted. I can choose to delete it, but nothing will happen. Tried reinstalling Stickmount, and it keep stating the drive is mounted even when nothing is connected.
My N7 is rooted running 4.2.2 on CMD Roms. Had also tried restarting my N7.
Anyone got any idea cuz I really don't want to complete wipe and start from scratch again. Thanks

dumindu

Jan 18, 2013
hanwella
android phone restarts when pen drive mounted using usb otg.

my wt19i reboot when i pressed the mount button, the connected pen's light blink and the phone reboots.
but this happens in some times only, i think the problem may be in loaded modules.
please help me............:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::eek::(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Paragon

Install the Paragon NTFS & HFS+ Beta app. I have no idea if the app is helping me, but I can read files off my 64GB flash drive just fine. One thing I noticed though, you sometimes need to unplug the whole adapter along with the USB flash drive. Simply unplugging the flash drive won't work, you might have to restart the Nex7 if it doesn't mount/unmount properly.

Just don't forget to un-mount from StickMount when you're about to unplug your flash drive, and when you're removing it, remove it with the whole thing (flash drive and adapter together).