[APP][CM7/9/10]Fixed TouchWiz TaskManager

Search This thread

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
It works just fine on the nightlys for CM11, at least as far back as Jan. 25th. I'm on the nightly for Feb. 2nd and it works just fine. I make a copy of apk of the file that I have saved in a folder on my SDCard, and put it in /system/apps, change permission (I check everything) and reboot.

I made a simple flashable zip for the task manager.
The task manager works on CM11.

I'm only sharing this flashable zip I made for myself because the flashable zip from @AMMAR768 didn't work on my philz_touch recovery.
All the credit goes to the people who developed and ported it and shared it here on the first place. :)

Tested devices:
Galaxy SL i9003 running CM11
Galaxy S3 SHV-E210K running CM11

Original Post from ammar768

Regards

Wow this seems pretty cool. I may give it a shot out of curiosity. :D Either way, yes TouchWiz TaskManager works just fine on CM11. I can't imagine my life without it. :good:

Reactions: s2rooter

jajb

Mar 13, 2014
The task manager works on CM11.

I'm only sharing this flashable zip I made for myself because the flashable zip from @AMMAR768 didn't work on my philz_touch recovery.
All the credit goes to the people who developed and ported it and shared it here on the first place.

Tested devices:
Galaxy S3 LTE SHV-E210K running CM11
Epic 4G running CM11 Nightly (thanks to @EpicMikeNC)

Works great on my Samsung SGH-T679, thank you! :)

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
I switched to an experimental rom that uses 4.4.4. Can neither flash this nor install the apk. :( So I guess 4.4.4. is the brakes when it comes to the Epic 4G.

s2rooter

Mar 1, 2015
It works just fine on the nightlys for CM11, at least as far back as Jan. 25th. I'm on the nightly for Feb. 2nd and it works just fine. I make a copy of apk of the file that I have saved in a folder on my SDCard, and put it in /system/apps, change permission (I check everything) and reboot.

Wow this seems pretty cool. I may give it a shot out of curiosity. :D Either way, yes TouchWiz TaskManager works just fine on CM11. I can't imagine my life without it. :good:

Thanks for the tip. :good: I put the apk into /system/apps as well and it works. I adjusted the permissions rebooted.

I am using an epic 4g touch SPH-D710. :D Works great on cm11 using the latest nightlycm-11-20150301-NIGHTLY-d710

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everybody knows the CM9/10 ROMs are smooth and Awesome. But what they lack is a TaskManager. This need was fulfilled by the RemICS ROMs which got TouchWiz TaskManager to CM9 and now CM10. But only thing I hated was that the TaskManager force closed when the options key was pressed. After few months I thought that must have been rectified, but I tried the TaskManager from RemICS 1.6, the problem was still there. (Nothing against the RemICS team, the ROM is AWESOME)

So I took it in my own hands to fix the problem... And I DID...!!!

Screenshots:

zXVIg.png
    NN9i2.png
    8hBP9.png

I've attached the TaskManager.apk. All you have to do is place it in /system/app/ with permissions rw-r-r and reboot.

Note: I've tried many times to install it as normal app but it never works.
    Thanks. :)

EDIT: User
    txtmikhail tested the app on CM7 and it works. :laugh:

*EDIT: Thank You erpurohit for the flashable zip.

Now you can just flash the zip from the recovery. Since it's a universal flasher, a backup flashable zip will be automatically created to revert back if needed.

Download the zip from HERE.
    @ ammar

Hey ammar u are really doing great work :) I think u should work with dhiru so that u can work on cm9 & cm10 roms corrections.

Actually I don't have any idea of Kernel or ROM development. I'm slowly understanding smali modding. I was already well versed in layouts xml and all. So I can do all this, but what dhiru is doing is way above. :(
    TochWiz Task Manager for CM11

Does this work on CM11 as well??

This task manager works on CM11.

Download the attached file and flash through CWM Recovery.
    All the credit goes to the people who developed and ported it and shared it here on the first place. :)

Tested devices:
    Galaxy S3 LTE SHV-E210K running CM11
    Epic 4G running CM11 Nightly (thanks to @EpicMikeNC)
    Samsung SGH-T679

Say Thanks if I have helped you. =)

Original Post from ammar768

Regards
    Link to flashable zip added to OP.
    I have galaxy s3 (i9300) with CM10 but i cant find /data/sys-parts
    should i create it?

No... For our device the system apps were there. For you it should be /system/apps/