Facebook android app integration. Help needed.

Search This thread

shadowskorch

Apr 1, 2011
Hey guys, I'm relatively new to the android programming scene and I'm trying out a simple app idea I have. My app idea is to be a way for people to make posts to facebook and that's it. I've got the code working but what really bugs me is how the logging in system works and how the posting system works. The way I have done it, the app does not handle the authentication flow nor the posts, but rather a pop-up comes up and asks them to sign in or make a post - similar to using the browser. This does not work with the design of the rest of the app along with slowing it down. I need help. I want my app to authorize the user, similar to how the official Facebook android app logs people in; there are no pop-ups and everything is handled by the app (same to be done with making posts). If you guys could help me out by blatantly telling me what to do, sending me any articles that explain how to do it, or any other help I would appreciate it. Thanks!

NOTE: I have glanced around the Facebook developer site and I'm completely confused by their documentation. I know there's something about fragments, but I'm not sure if I understand it completely.