[APP] Spotlite - Listen to Spotify [Spotify Client for Premium/Unlimited Users]

Search This thread

KaliKot

Sep 15, 2010
I would love to have the ability to add my own radio station by searching for an artist/song, its the only feature which is lacking right now and its sorely missed

Thanks!

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Installed your app on my Acer Windows 8.1 laptop and i am getting Invalid credentials when i enter my email and password, but with those same email and password the mobile android app and the desktop spotify app work fine.

glowworm62

Oct 13, 2006
Melbourne
Great app, thanks.

I also couldn't find it in the app store, but clicking the link in the OP led me right to it.

Thanks for writing this.

sa3e1

Jan 18, 2010
Budapest
Not available in app store

Installed Spotlite a few weeks ago. Today after starting it, a popup came up that there is an update for it which can be installed from the store. In the Store I cannot find the app anymore. Wanted to reinstall app, but it is not abvailable, although if I open up the already installed app list there it is listed, but says its already installed. Any idea on this glitch?

piggynuts

Mar 22, 2011
how to change streaming sound quality ?

I don't see a setting anywhere to change streaming sound quality in Windows 8.1 Spotlite application, does that setting exist and where do I get to it?

THanks for any replies !~ !! ! ! ! !

ssuds

Jul 13, 2012
My install doesn't have the repeat and shuffle buttons like the screenshot in OP shows. Is there a way to get these?

marky2mark

Feb 25, 2012
I just downloaded Spotlite for Win 8. Does it support connected standby? Whenever the screen goes off the app stops and I have to wake up the machine and log back in to Spotify.

h00ligan

Jul 12, 2006
Any chance this will show up again? It's gone now and it's so annoying there's no real way to stream spotify while gaming. :/

Alternately are there iOS apps? I gather Samsung device users can stream natively?

mkl23

Jan 5, 2011
Could you tell me how you got Spotify Radio working? Can´t see a documentation about it...

drmodify

Dec 31, 2009
thanks man

dang they purged it in the store. Is there a violation for this? I think this app is legit unless it violates privacy policy... Man this was the best spotify app out there, glad I downloaded it before it was removed..

capfirepants

Jun 11, 2013
If anybody has this, please make it available. It may be possible to copy it over to another device - If you have this app, please upload it somewhere!

Reactions: her3814

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Spotify will not build a store app for Windows 8/8.1, I decided to develop my own app to listen to Spotify. It took a few months to understand how to call in to Spotify but after many trials it is working and stable. It has been on the Windows Store for over a week now and I have fixed many glaring glitches to make the experience smooth. Currently it only supports Spotify Premium/Unlimited users as Free accounts have to show spotify advertisements at regular interval and have many restrictions. If you have a Spotify Account and would like to try this on Windows 8 then head over to the Windows Store and download it. Here is the link to the description page and the download link is in the page. It is only available in all the countries where Spotify is available. Feel free to report any glitches on this thread or at the spotlite website.

Screenshot.235757.100000.jpg

Download Page

[Update 10/16/2013: It now allows free spotify users to login and play tracks]
    It mentioned the region lock in the original post, but you should have been able to get it in germany...

I think i was very tired fixing all the bugs when i wrote the original post. Spotlite is being launched in various countries in a phased manner, so far it is available in Australia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Sweden, UK, US. I will launch the app in all the markets tonight and it should be available in the store by tomorrow.
    Great work, I've seen it working with a friend of mine.
    Unfortunately, my store account is dutch and I can't find/install the app.
    Can you fix that, it's much appreciated if you can.

Same here ... Awesome initiative, and or those who do not see it in the store (yet), change your location to United Kingdom and it will appear. Install it and set your location back to your original location. :)
    Hey there, thanks for this great app!
    I really love the look and have been wondering for quite some time, why Spotify won't build a Metro app.

But I have one problem with your app: it requires a US location.

It is only available in select countries like US, Sweden, Germany, UK, Mexico etc.

It mentioned the region lock in the original post, but you should have been able to get it in germany...
    Your app is awesome, thanks a lot! I got one problem though: Playback often stops, telling me that my internet connection is too slow. Which certainly isn't the case. I never had that problem with my pc or my mobile phone and I'm always streaming the highest quality possible. Any idea?

hmmm. Is it possible for you to reproduce the problem and send me the Spotlite.log file?

Here are the instructions on how to find this log file.

1. Press windows key + R
    2. Type %localappdata%\Packages\49573Spotlite.Spotlite-ListentoSpotify_z5pndgmqb06wp\LocalState and press enter
    3. Open Spotlite.log and remove all lines starting containing the string "name":"connect","id":"0". I do not want your auth token :)
    4. PM me the modified spotlite.log file.