GPS Issue with LG G2 mini?

Search This thread

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
Same problem here. I compared my phone with another one, Xperia SP, side by side and Mini wasn't able to lock at all (indoors and poor weather conditions) and Xperia SP locked in 10sec. and signal was very good, considering all conditions. Then i opened my Mini and pry all connectors and tried again. First time after boot it took to Mini about 1,5 minutes but after that Mini was able to lock position very fast. Signal is still not strong like on Xperia SP, but it's good enough that we can say it's decent and very usable and since i use gps mostly in my car i can say that now is pretty good. So, Likeadracula, thanks for the tip!

Edit: GPS signal is strong enough but on every 5 minutes or so is lost! It works very nice and then just vanish like someone turn it off. It's not like signal weakens and weakens and then it's gone, no, it's good signal all the time and then just cut! No more signal. Is it possible that is software problem or maybe gps.conf file?

Edit2: After testing i can say that my phone while it was on 5.0.2, v20, GPS signal was strong enough, but strange thing happening, every 5 minutes (no more or less) some kind of reset happens and signal is lost, then after 30-45sec. signal is back and working nice. And every 5 minutes same thing happens. Then i downgraded my phone to 4.4.2, v10, and now i don't lose signal like before, no resets, but reception is (no doubt) weaker. But good thing for me that no reset, so i will now try to make better signal like SkyLK did it, with CU foil and i hope that will make reception good enough.

Just, it is strange that there is lot of difference in signal just because another firmware. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Emptyspiral

Mar 22, 2016
I also have a g2 mini lte (stock rom uptodate) and noticed something funny that so far i have been able to reproduce: if i first enable the gps and then (at least 10 seconds later) the 4g data connection, the gps actually locks on. On 30+ minutes drives it stays locked on, a few times loses lock but less than a minute later locks on again. If 4g data gets enabled before gps i've had such drives when it never locked on. I wonder if anybody else can reproduce it.

DimyD7

Nov 3, 2013
Hi !
I did the same, I lifted pins from the board, and now the GPS performs so much better :D Isn't a Galaxy S7 GPS but now it's ussable. And my device isn't the G2 Mini, I use the L90 becouse both devices have a very close board.
Thank you for that trick ^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is very easy, the phone opens with out any difficult. But if I will find some time to make a video I will post it :)
    Sent from my LG-D620 using XDA Free mobile app
    In the photo with the board you have to lift the contacts that i have marked red,dont need to lift the three at the bottom is probably for the cellular network. I'm not sure what the antenna is for the GPS but i thing is the one on the top or the top left . i hope to work . good luck!!! https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A27CFD0059975CCA!1700&authkey=!AAajkNyuxwRTR8w&ithint=folder,
    Don't unstuck pins from the board just lift them with needle to make contact with the antenna. That I did and worked.

Sent from my LG-D620 using XDA Free mobile app
    I finally found the solution !!!!!! The problem is the antenna, You must open the rear cover and unscrew all bolts, remove the silver body and clean the contacts of the antenna, then take a needle and lift the contacts (VERY CAREFULLY DOT UNSTUCK THE PINS FROM THE BOARD) now assemble the phone carefully. You will see not only the gps to work excellent but even the wifi signal will increase.