Search This thread

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Cyanogen updates are like Fight Club.

Rule number 1. You don't talk about Cyanogen updates.

Rule number 2. You don't talk about Cyanogen updates.

That aside.....CM9 is being worked on. That's the only update there is. It'll get here when it gets here. (And yeah...I'm drooling with anticipation too and it drives me bonkers that I have no idea when we'll get to see it :D But that's the way Cyanogen rolls.)

Kmobs WAS working on it, but there is nothing new from him since he FORGOT his Sensation wherever he was celebrating Xmas.

So, don't hold your breath. :)

Skips, while i'm not a fan of CM, i do keep an eye out for news ;)

Reactions: whynot66

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
i know what SUPER CID is whats MID and whats the use of it in new firmwire.

and when i play games it gets pretty hot with faux kernel is it normal. i am on ARHD 4.11 sensation 4g

From what i've heard Faux kernel gets Senny pretty hot, so that seems to be normal (wherever safe or not depends of how hot it is). MID is ModelID, CID is CustomerID. If you have SuperCID you don't need to worry about MID. If you don't, then you need to make sure your MID is included in PG58 txt file (See Kohr-Ah signature)

big_sw2000

Mar 12, 2010
Abergavenny
I don't want other launchers - sense stock is good, but I need something other for all programs menu - actually i've found AppFolders.
I just want to remap action on left button to app folder, for example. Is it possible in sense?
(screens here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1194882)

Would this be somthing like yoor talking about

2012-01-11_09-33-55.png

All the dock bar icons can be changed using desktop Visulizer, free from the market.

Reactions: MrAndrewRu

walle4893

Oct 30, 2011
London
Does anyone know how to backup the playlists in stock music app by any chance ? Imma do a super wipe before flashing the new ICS so ...

royaljama

Apr 22, 2011
I'm kind of a noob to this though I've rooted phones before, I want to know if I should root my Sensation or wait for the ICS update? Also, when I rooted my android phones I never really saw any difference in the phone other than the ROM customization. Is there anything I did wrong or a specific way to get better battery life? I saw barely any difference with the battery on my rooted phones, Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Kohr-Ah

Jan 21, 2011
Chicago
I'm kind of a noob to this though I've rooted phones before, I want to know if I should root my Sensation or wait for the ICS update? Also, when I rooted my android phones I never really saw any difference in the phone other than the ROM customization. Is there anything I did wrong or a specific way to get better battery life? I saw barely any difference with the battery on my rooted phones, Thanks.

Main things about rooting
Switch radios to try to find better one
Customization and tweaks
Many devs have fixed stuff carriers/HTC haven't
Kernel control. Overclock, undervolt, etc
Gpu override to allow smoother gaming

All kinds of stuff

As for battery there are so many things that play into that. Radio, rils, kernels, etc

Sent from my Sensation in Ur-Quan subspace

zoran89

Mar 30, 2010
Osijek
I just came here from galaxy s, and I am little confused with sensation and sensation xe. What I mean us that I flashed xe radio (in order to install android revolution ics ROM) on my regular sensation... Is that going to be a problem ? Can anyone please explain or at least point me to place where I can learn about difference, and what's the difference I I install xe on my non xe device?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

royaljama

Apr 22, 2011
Main things about rooting
Switch radios to try to find better one
Customization and tweaks
Many devs have fixed stuff carriers/HTC haven't
Kernel control. Overclock, undervolt, etc
Gpu override to allow smoother gaming

All kinds of stuff

As for battery there are so many things that play into that. Radio, rils, kernels, etc

So how much battery would you estimate I'd have compared stock?

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
There is no difference apart from XE running 1.5ghz on stock XE kernel, and original Sensation running 1.2. IIRC they both run at 1.2 on stock non-xe kernel. That's it.
I just came here from galaxy s, and I am little confused with sensation and sensation xe. What I mean us that I flashed xe radio (in order to install android revolution ics ROM) on my regular sensation... Is that going to be a problem ? Can anyone please explain or at least point me to place where I can learn about difference, and what's the difference I I install xe on my non xe device?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA App

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Depends on what you install , how you set it up and how you use your phone. That's why you see people switching ROMs constantly, they try to find best combo.

zoran89

Mar 30, 2010
Osijek
There is no difference apart from XE running 1.5ghz on stock XE kernel, and original Sensation running 1.2. IIRC they both run at 1.2 on stock non-xe kernel. That's it.

thanks, I thought that I messed up somehow because my Max volume (ringing, playing songs) is very very very low.... Don't know what to do.... My sister has Galaxy S2 and judging from the reviews HTC sensation should be louder than Galaxy s2.... But my HTC sensation is around 50% quieter.... I don't hear the calls, notifications.... Please help...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Sensation speaker is crap, honestly. There are modified ringtones floating around. I just use whistling theme (kill bill), works well.
thanks, I thought that I messed up somehow because my Max volume (ringing, playing songs) is very very very low.... Don't know what to do.... My sister has Galaxy S2 and judging from the reviews HTC sensation should be louder than Galaxy s2.... But my HTC sensation is around 50% quieter.... I don't hear the calls, notifications.... Please help...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

Kohr-Ah

Jan 21, 2011
Chicago

Sometimes you can get about a quarter more battery out of it.

I don't have a way to compare as i always buy an anker battery first thing I do :/

zoran89

Mar 30, 2010
Osijek
Sensation speaker is crap, honestly. There are modified ringtones floating around. I just use whistling theme (kill bill), works well.

then how do you explain this test done by gsmarena:

Speakerphone test

Voice, dB Pink noise/ Music, dB Ringing phone, dB Overall score

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S 66.6 65.9 66.6 Below Average

LG Optimus 2X 65.7 60.0 67.7 Below Average

Google Nexus S 68.1 66.3 69.3 Average

HTC Sensation 66.5 66.6 78.3 Good

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc 66.1 66.3 78.0 Good

HTC Incredible S 66.5 66.1 76.7 Good

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 70.0 66.6 75.7 Good

Nokia N8 75.8 66.2 82.7 Very Good

HTC Gratia 73.2 73.6 83.5 Excellent

See htc sensation according to this test has better speakers then galaxy s and s2..... But I had galaxy s and my sister has galaxy s 2 .... And sensation doesn't have batter speakers.... I am confused.... Did I do something wrong....

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
So, what do you believe, someone posting some figures or your ears? It's common knowledge on Sensa forums that sound on it sucks.

ricey1986

Mar 6, 2009
Bolton
Quick question the missus wants a custom rom installed as stock rom has terrible battery life. My question is in the thread there are roms listed for XE. Will these roms work on the standard sensation? Or is the sensation xe forum merged with this one? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts