How to root a Kurio Tablet v.4.0.3

Search This thread

tibord

Dec 31, 2019
subotica
I have KURIO 10S / uk /, I also have a problem that it can't be downloaded / linl doesn't work / nowhere are the things needed for the installation to run so that the tablet can be used. now it is raised only to // KD INTERAKTIV // after deleting the data. it has been freezing lately and is not going anywhere after that. I would ask someone who knows to post active links / free / and the installation process step by step, if possible if there is no help then I will have to throw it away./tablet/ Thanks in advance. Translated via google translate.
[/QUOTE]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok.. Obviously a lot of people have gotten this tablet for their kids for christmas. You are in luck. The tablet has been virtually unusable up until now. Before the update that was pushed just before christmas the kurio interface was so slow that the tablet was unusable. It could take several minutes to start the interface and even longer to start and end apps. But to be fair, when the apps where started they ran just fine. But the christmas update fixed this and now the Kurio actually is a good childrens tablet.

Except from the absense of google play. I have posted the script for getting Google Play earlier in the thread but here it is again since people does not read the entire thread before sending me PMs:

I will start with the disclaimer: I do NOT take ANY responsibility for the result of this script. I am just redistributing a file I got from someone else. The script will (probably) break your warranty and may (but not very likeley) break the tablet. If you follow the instructions you should be OK and surfing Google Play when you are done. A lot of people have gotten this to work and I haven't heard of anyone breaking their tablets trying this.

Download the script and files from my web hotel here.

This is a RAR file and can be extracted with the application winrar found here.

When extracted you read the file readme.txt inside. There you will find these instructions which should be sufficient. If you exit the kurio interface and run pure andriod it will be easier to follow. The most important point to get this working is point 2 and 3. Without the right windows drivers for the tablet, it will not work. You have to update driver from the Windows Device Manager.

1- On the tablet, go to Android settings --> Developer options --> Enable USB debugging and activate it.
    2- Plug the tablet, it may not find the driver. Go to Control Panel -- > Device manager -->select the uninstalled Android device, right click and select Update driver.
    3- Use the driver provided here to install, after installation it shall appear as ADB interface
    4- Run the Install_Google_Play.bat file by double clicking it.
    5- follow the instructions

If this post has helped you, please press "thanks" in the lower left of this post.
    Hey there everyone!
    I logged onto Kurio's live chat support, played dumb, and they provided me a stock ROM! :D
    I'm out right now so I can't upload it, but I will as soon as I get home. I'll give early instructions, though.

Edit: I really wanted to make a mirror, but after countless issues trying to upload the ROM to MediaFire, here's the original link.
    https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action=app/orchestrateDownload&rurl=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.yousendit.com%252Ftransfer.php%253Faction%253Dbatch_download%2526batch_id%253DUW13T0NUQzdkMnRsQXNUQw

Instructions:
    Put the ROM (don't unzip it) on a formatted SD card and put it in the tablet.
    With the tablet turned off, hold the power button and the + volume button until you see a dead Android with a caution symbol.
    Press the + and - volume buttons together and it should give you a list of options.
    Use the - volume button to scroll, and the power button to select. Select "Apply update from External SD"
    Select the ROM, and you're done! If it gives you a black screen after the boot animation just go back into recovery and factory reset.

Sent from my rooted Motorola Atrix HD using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Please send me the file at kongpyg@hotmail.com
    Peder Sørensen

I put the file on my web hotel. Click here to download (right click -> save link as if your browser opens the file).

I take no responsibility for this file. Just redistributing it.
    Everybody: please read the thread befor askimg for the file. I have posted the download link from my web hotel at least 4 times in the thread. find post #57 on page 6 in THIS THREAD.

I have been answering emails and PMs with this question all day today and yesterday. The thread isnt that long.

I will not spend more time answering questions through private channels. Make an effort yourselves and search or even read the thread.It`s not that long.
    How to Root Kurio 10S

I finally rooted the Kurio 10S using Onda_Allwinner_A31_root_v1_0.zip (Google it or download here)
    This may work for other Kurios as well, however, this is untested.

How to install:
    -download Onda_Allwinner_A31_root_v1_0.zip
    -copy to SD card
    -boot the tablet into recovery mode (Settings > Backup & reset > Recovery mode)
    -scroll to "apply update from TF card"
    -select Onda_Allwinner_A31_root_v1_0.zip
    -reboot tablet
    -update SuperSU to newest version (you can do this with the Google Play Store).

Root will remain even if you Factory Reset the tablet. Note that after Factory Reset, the older version of SuperSU is installed and you must update it again.