[Q] Some questions about Custom Rom and Stock Rom

Search This thread

TsunaH

Jan 21, 2014
Paris
Hello !

I'm new concerning Custom Rom so i want just asking some questions about Custom Rom/Stock Rom because for a while I want change my stock rom into a Custom ROM ( with unlock/lock bootloader doesn't matter ).
Are you satisfied about your actually Custom Rom ?
And what is the advantages/disadvantages about Custom Rom ?

Thanks !

Parkside

Jul 10, 2012
London
Hello !

I'm new concerning Custom Rom so i want just asking some questions about Custom Rom/Stock Rom because for a while I want change my stock rom into a Custom ROM ( with unlock/lock bootloader doesn't matter ).

Thanks !

In simple terms stock based roms will use the Sony skin and many of Sony's apps - typically the developer will have tweaked the build to improve performance or used the most recent version of Sony apps from higher end devices (the Z1 for example). They may also add some extra features - (using the volume buttons to skip music tracks/advanced reboot menu).

Custom Roms won't have any of the Sony features and generally will be closer to unskinned AOSP (Android Open Source Project) in appearance. They will mostly have some unquie features and be more options for customisation than a stock based ROM. Developers can also release higher versions of Android than Sony, allowing the user to experience Kit Kat long before Sony release a build. They tend to perform better than stock builds because they are less bloated. Sony has significant facebook integration within it's builds for example, similarly whilst it's possible to ignore it, there is a lot of secondary marketing within a Sony build trying to get you to use their music/video/games services. Most of these apps are heavy, slowing down the device. The SP copes fine, but their are definitely smoother custom roms out there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

Thanks !

In simple terms stock based roms will use the Sony skin and many of Sony's apps - typically the developer will have tweaked the build to improve performance or used the most recent version of Sony apps from higher end devices (the Z1 for example). They may also add some extra features - (using the volume buttons to skip music tracks/advanced reboot menu).

Custom Roms won't have any of the Sony features and generally will be closer to unskinned AOSP (Android Open Source Project) in appearance. They will mostly have some unquie features and be more options for customisation than a stock based ROM. Developers can also release higher versions of Android than Sony, allowing the user to experience Kit Kat long before Sony release a build. They tend to perform better than stock builds because they are less bloated. Sony has significant facebook integration within it's builds for example, similarly whilst it's possible to ignore it, there is a lot of secondary marketing within a Sony build trying to get you to use their music/video/games services. Most of these apps are heavy, slowing down the device. The SP copes fine, but their are definitely smoother custom roms out there.