t679 HELP! stuck in boot-loop after root-stock.zip install

Search This thread

zCHEMDAWGz

Apr 29, 2014
grabbed root-stock.zip and cwm just below it (first 2 links on this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1686384 ) carefully followed instructions, even watched videos on youtube and everything went swimmingly except after system reboot following root-stock.zip install. i must have grabbed the wrong file (dont know how, it was recommended by everyone on every other thread regarding the rooting of the t679) anyway now i need assistance, which root.zip file should i use? how do i get it onto the phone's internal "usb storage" folder? or can i use another device to grab file, transfer to ext. sd, then put ext. sd card into t679? i understand its critical at this point to make no mistakes, i believe i can recover, assuming i get competent advice...

please advise...

- zCHEMDAWGz

p.s. i am attempting to repair wifi and bluetooth errors (assuming its the drivers not loaded properly following system update 2.3.6) though im not certain of the culprit of these errors as i am the 4th owner of this device. assuming an internal battery has NOT leaked onto circuit board causing corrosion, pretty sure its software not hardware issue. phone/sms/network WAS connecting just no wifi/bluetooth. gotta have wifi cuz im out in the woods on the "EDGE" network, home network is fast as can be.

Dvarl

Dec 27, 2009
Orland Park
In cwm wipe cache, under advanced try wipe dalvik, then fix permissions then reboot. Please report results.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: zCHEMDAWGz

zCHEMDAWGz

Apr 29, 2014
In cwm wipe cache, under advanced try wipe dalvik, then fix permissions then reboot. Please report results.

hey thanks for helping me i really appreciate it. so i tried your advice, in every order possible. fix permissions, wipe (everything), load rom, reboot... wipe, load, fix, reboot... to no avail though. all results in same loop... im getting good at wiping and loading =)

also the location of the rom and cwm files prior to transferring to "usb storage" folder was "downloads" on my windows 7 pc... does this make a difference? i have noticed people saving these types of files to their desktop... just trying to find out where i went wrong... thanks again.

- zCHEMDAWGz

Last edited:

zCHEMDAWGz

Apr 29, 2014
SIDE NOTE: i tried loading different rom "t679-root-v1.8.zip" with exact same results... however i noticed that when i load either version of the new rom when cwm begins installation, and when the progress bar at the lower part of the screen shows about 2-3% complete it is then all of the sudden finished with "complete" confirmation at the end. total time less than 5 seconds. according to instructional videos this process should take minutes, instead of seconds.... just an observation.

- zCHEMDAWGz

Dvarl

Dec 27, 2009
Orland Park
That's just root not a ROM. If your willing to start fresh you can try this.

Wipe everything x3
Under mounts and storage mound system and data then format both x3
Flash rooted community rom
Reboot

It should work. If you flash any recent ROM make sure you have the latest cwm or you will get status 7 error.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: zCHEMDAWGz

zCHEMDAWGz

Apr 29, 2014
success!! wifi/bluetooth still getting error though... tried *#*#526#*#* (wlantest engineering mode) reports "Notset Driver Loaded [NG]"

any ideas?

a-thousand thank yous

- zCHEMDAWGz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's just root not a ROM. If your willing to start fresh you can try this.

Wipe everything x3
    Under mounts and storage mound system and data then format both x3
    Flash rooted community rom
    Reboot

It should work. If you flash any recent ROM make sure you have the latest cwm or you will get status 7 error.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Free mobile app