(HOW TO) Flash The Verizon Galaxy S3 to Verizon Prepaid

Search This thread

dmonleo

Just updating my threads to say verizon now has a new 35 dollar prepaid plan unlimited text,web and 500 minutes. if your not a big talker thats a great deal

http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-unveils-$35-prepaid-mobile-phone-plan/57579264?ds=1

Does the data speed remain at 3g speed during 30 day?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
To make sure

In the video you said the activate the phone first have it on for three days if I want to port my number after it's ported then flash it? Or it will take three days for my number to be fully ported? Also thanks for the heads up on that $35 plan for Verizon I currently have Sprint S3 that I flashed to Virgin Mobile with the $25 plan. I'm switching to Verizon prepaid next month only $10 more but for faster speeds and pic mms on TW roms will work oh yea.

Last edited:

TheUrge

Dec 11, 2008
Thanks for the tutorial. I bought a gusto 2 at walmart today and activated it with the unlimited $35 dollar plan.

Couple questions - I connected the gusto 2, but I cannot find any usb drivers for the phone online. I'm using windows 7...You said that they were automatically installed by windows? I tried installing from windows update two different computers and it could not find a driver.

Also I have the demo version of cdma tool - will that work ok for this?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Edit: Just figured out the gusto drivers...use the drivers from this thread...they work fine:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655286

Last edited:

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
In the video you said the activate the phone first have it on for three days if I want to port my number after it's ported then flash it? Or it will take three days for my number to be fully ported? Also thanks for the heads up on that $35 plan for Verizon I currently have Sprint S3 that I flashed to Virgin Mobile with the $25 plan. I'm switching to Verizon prepaid next month only $10 more but for faster speeds and pic mms on TW roms will work oh yea.

About three days before your service with virgin mobile is up call verizon activate your phone and have them port your number. Make sure you state that from the beginning and if they think you are trying to port the phone hang up on them and call back (i know it's rude but trust me I went through that). Any ways in a couple days your phone number will be ported at that point your need to run the *228 update and then flash your phone.

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC

About three days before your service with virgin mobile is up call verizon activate your phone and have them port your number. Make sure you state that from the beginning and if they think you are trying to port the phone hang up on them and call back (i know it's rude but trust me I went through that). Any ways in a couple days your phone number will be ported at that point your need to run the *228 update and then flash your phone.

Okay I think I got it.
1. Buy the phone
2. Activate it and Port number from VM to verizon at the same time in the same process
3. Wait until my number is ported to the Verizon phone
4. Then flash the phone
5. Dial *228 on the S3
6. Done

Thanks for the very helpful information man you save us a lot.

Reactions: Asadullah

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
Pretty much exactly right. The only thing is that you wanna make sure that internet is working on the verizon phone also you dial *228 on the verizon phone.

Fars666

Jul 17, 2010
Okay I can't seem to find 53000 prl for s3. Does anybody have it ? can you post it on 4share or rapidshare??

Okay I found one 53000 prl but it says only for Sprint phones.. my phone is verizon will it work for me?

And guys how do u generate the passwords ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll post more info tomorrow when I get off work but here's the video for you to watch for now that has everything you need here. This will guide you on flashing your phone to verizons 50 dollar prepaid plan.

It's really simple
    activate the gusto 2
    flash the vrlf2 modem on the gs3
    dial *#22745927
    select hidden menu enabled
    then dial *#7284#
    qualcomm settings select dm+modem+adb
    connect both phones to dfs send the password to both phones
    (gusto 2= 2011101116083112 gs3= 01F2030F5F678FF9)

Here's a link to the verizon messages apk
    read and write from the donor to the gs3 reboot and enjoy
    I suggest you use cleanrom
    Pretty much the same process
    after the fact

Ok so here is what exactly I did after following the steps of the video.

step1: get liquid smooth rom w/ gapps
    step2: flash rom and gapps
    step3: boot it up

not only will it give u the option to use nv only then your 3g icon will appear and the SIM icon that was driving me insane is completely gone and it deactivates it. If you think your prl is outdated you can do this directly from the phone once booted into liquid smooth create a new contact and put in *228,,,,,2 then save it. call it and it will update your prl to the most current one and bam all is good in the world.

In conclusion don't use any other rom besides liquid smooth I have literally tried them all and will only use liquid smooth v2.3 which is currently posted in the dev section.

I read a lot of articles have a bunch of phones that are usually just given to me which the SG3 was a trade for a computer and monitor I had sitting in my storage shed collecting dust.

I am a hardware/software doesn't matter the situation I always find a solution. Any questions hit me up lord.xidious@gmail.com
    I'm sure the method is the same you would probably have to activate the gusto on pageplus first. Can't really answer too many questions about pageplus since I don't use it.
    Just updating my threads to say verizon now has a new 35 dollar prepaid plan unlimited text,web and 500 minutes. if your not a big talker thats a great deal