Search This thread

cmgonzalez

Nov 4, 2010
Santiago
www.chiledroid.com
Hi

I found a little secret, how to enter the d3 (maybe d1 also) boot menu:

1 Power Off the Phone.
2 Press power, when the blue light appears, press Volume Up.

Presto!! The boot menu have:

Fastboot, Cwm, factory boot?, normal boot and power off.

On the Cwm you have to press Volume Up, to display the menues.
Also if you press Power+VolUp+VolDown at the same time for like 10 seconds( anytime) , the Phone power off.

I try to flash a root zip package, but the Phone instantanly reboots... And the su binary wasnt flashed, maybe it because the zip used busybox to mount the system.

Maybe tomorrow i will try to create another zip... (I Dont like the chinese app root method )

Enviado desde mi XT919 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

jlobodroid

Jan 6, 2012
Really easy to get in boot menu, does anybody used restore option?

Enviado de meu GT-N8000 usando o Tapatalk 2

cmgonzalez

Nov 4, 2010
Santiago
www.chiledroid.com
Really easy to get in boot menu, does anybody used restore option?

Enviado de meu GT-N8000 usando o Tapatalk 2

@jlobodroid

The recovery it's the e3 recovery not CWM, so it can't flash regular zip, maybe just motorola signed zips.... There's another thread for building cwm for the mt6577 CPU:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1825722

I have an xt919 cwm image, but can't use it, i try booting it via "fastboot boot boot.img" but the phone hangs,

This thread have been moved to the droid 3 forum, that's incorrect i think the RAZR forum is more apropitated, i encourage all RAZR D1 / D3 user, please write in the forums petition for us to get a forum for our devices....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660354

Last edited:

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
I bought a D3 too.

I'm with you for the the new forum. About the device, the only thing that is boring me is that looks like it doesn't have bluetooth HID support, regardless it have Android 4.1.2 :(. I have a Ípega gamepad and can't make it work.
I tried to mix around some files from another RAZRs but didn't get this working until now. A cwm would be very useful at the moment :p

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
Well.. I tried to mix some files from other roms to make the Bluetooth works without success until now. I need a custom recovery to make deeper research :/. I'll keep looking for that. Maybe a cwm for a spreadtrum device

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
I saw that one...

I read the interactions in the thread about this cwm, as the final result is that was unable to boot, I didn't even try. Also I need to flash a firmware first in my phone to make sure I can play hard with it :p. I still couldn't do that, I have the files but I couldn't take time with it yet.

But, at least with bluetooth, I think we need to change the service in the ROM, or insert a new one. I really don't know much about ROMs, I'm researching to see if I can get it to work in the D3... I thought the services was described in the init.rc, but I couldn't find this file in the phone, so...

cmgonzalez

Nov 4, 2010
Santiago
www.chiledroid.com
I saw that one...

I read the interactions in the thread about this cwm, as the final result is that was unable to boot, I didn't even try. Also I need to flash a firmware first in my phone to make sure I can play hard with it :p. I still couldn't do that, I have the files but I couldn't take time with it yet.

But, at least with bluetooth, I think we need to change the service in the ROM, or insert a new one. I really don't know much about ROMs, I'm researching to see if I can get it to work in the D3... I thought the services was described in the init.rc, but I couldn't find this file in the phone, so...

Take a look at this site, ;) i havn't flashed any of this...

http://fwteam.grupoandroid.com/RAZR D3/XT919/

Here are flashing instrucctions, for the brave :p

http://www.droidevelopers.com/f274/14711-razr-d1-razr-d3-firmware-update-leaked.html

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
Dude, take a look in this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileuncle.toolbox&hl=pt_BR

You have an option there to replace the stock recovery for many others ones.... I can't try it right now. First I need to make sure I'll be able to flash the firmware again if I screw up. I couldn't do this for a matter of time. Maybe I can in the end of week.

But, if you already tried to flash a firmware, if you know how to recover your stock recovery, then maybe you can take a look into it.

Last edited:

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
Gathering info... to activate some options, if possible, maybe we need a new kernel. Here we have a source for the kernel 3.4 for mtk, not for our device. If we need to reach this point, then this can be a start if we don't find anything more compatible

cmgonzalez

Nov 4, 2010
Santiago
www.chiledroid.com
Gathering info... to activate some options, if possible, maybe we need a new kernel. Here we have a source for the kernel 3.4 for mtk, not for our device. If we need to reach this point, then this can be a start if we don't find anything more compatible
Here're the Motorola sources
http://sourceforge.net/projects/razrd.motorola/files/?source=navbar

But somebody told me that this is only the kernel sources, we need also the modifications to android source, not sure if it included on the sourceforge site....If a have more spare time i will try but not sure when, i hope someone can start the proyect. But we need first some CWM, thats the starting point.

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
CosmicDan told me that generic chinese phones that use MTK6577 doesn't have fastboot, just flashmode. Using flashmode, you can flash even kernel in this case. As D3 it's a MTK6577 too, maybe we can bypass the fastboot using the flashmode? If you connect your phone turned off without any button combination to the USB, you'll see a missed driver. In theory it's the flashmode driver.

We have a chance that the limitation about hid devices using USB and bluetooth is from the Kernel. If we confirm this, we can try just to flash a patched Kernel and keep the same ROM. If we're able to flash the kernel this is a possible way.

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
Oh, about the CWM.

The app I told you before maybe can download some compatible CWM... It's just a matter of time to testing each one

LifeZero

Jul 7, 2013
I tried some stuff but didn't get anywhere...

Now trying to bring the phone back to life lol

What did you try? I also have a bluetooth Ipega gamepad and the xt919 pairs it, but never connects to it.

If you manage to revive your phone please let us know how you did it. Im afraid to kill mine but i really want to start messing with it to find a solution to the bluetooth problem.

Btw, my carrier is TELCEL from Mexico.

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
What did you try? I also have a bluetooth Ipega gamepad and the xt919 pairs it, but never connects to it.

If you manage to revive your phone please let us know how you did it. Im afraid to kill mine but i really want to start messing with it to find a solution to the bluetooth problem.

Btw, my carrier is TELCEL from Mexico.
I handled it.

I used "RSD Connected 1.15.06 PROD" to flash the lastest firmware, the one that came with the phone. I followed this tutorial. Just in portuguese for a while... I'll translate it to english when I have some time.

The part of the "DeviceIdAllocationTool" was unnecessary on my notebook, so I did go straight to the RSD part.
Also... I could flash the firmware just in one of the USBs of my notebook.

farenheith

Apr 5, 2011
Carapicuíba
Just bricked the phone again...

It's a pain to make this RSD work... idk why... I thought it was the usb port but now I doubt that

Edit: Done :).

The problem was actually the USB of y notebook lol... I tried on my brother's PC and worked at first time.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

I found a little secret, how to enter the d3 (maybe d1 also) boot menu:

1 Power Off the Phone.
    2 Press power, when the blue light appears, press Volume Up.

Presto!! The boot menu have:

Fastboot, Cwm, factory boot?, normal boot and power off.

On the Cwm you have to press Volume Up, to display the menues.
    Also if you press Power+VolUp+VolDown at the same time for like 10 seconds( anytime) , the Phone power off.

I try to flash a root zip package, but the Phone instantanly reboots... And the su binary wasnt flashed, maybe it because the zip used busybox to mount the system.

Maybe tomorrow i will try to create another zip... (I Dont like the chinese app root method )

Enviado desde mi XT919 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Friend, you are on the wrong forum. This one is for Motorola Razr XT910, not for D3.
    I tried some stuff but didn't get anywhere...

Now trying to bring the phone back to life lol