How do I Transfer a Downloaded Zip File to the SD Card?

Search This thread

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
Biker, i'll be glad to. To find your framework-res.apk, use a file explorer. I would recommend root explorer, as the best file manager for root users on the market, but if you haven't bought it yet, another will do. Navigate first to your root (if you were on the sdcard.) and then to /system/framework/. Copy the file, and paste it on your sdcard. Then email it to me. You can also use dab, assuming you have it set up.

Dk

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
@dkdude36

I do have Root Explorer, and I have found the folder.
I have it in my Dropbox and will email it to you.
The only thing I didn't do was paste it on my SD card, as I am unclear regarding that as I thought it is on my SD card already?

I will email you the folder though until I get clarification.

Thanks

dkdude36

Aug 5, 2010
los angeles
root explorer is a pretty powerful tool, so that makes sense that you didnt need to copy then send. this is what others needed to do for astro/androzip.

email received. will get started as soon as i have an open moment. probably this weekend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you asking how to get the file to your phone, I don't mess with usb transfers anymore. I put the file in my dropbox on the pc, then use the dropbox app on my phone to transfer it to the sd card. I keep all my roms, kernals and mods on dropbox. Also, titanium backup now sends my backups there as well. Check it out at http://db.tt/zaSKX4L if you don't already have it.
    Dropbox is great for that sort of thing like Phily said. If you want to use usb transfer then connect your phone to your computer with the usb cable. Set your phone to disk drive and it'll appear as a drive under my compter. Then cut/copy + paste the file onto your sd card.

As far as roms go. I use Mikforyo 4.4. Myns 2.2 rls 5 is good as well. Depends on what you want and the look you want. Spend a day or two reading the dev section and checking out roms to find out what you like. My guess is you might end up flashing 2,3 or 4 roms before you find out what you like.
    i'd just flash a new rom. there are so many fantastic ones out there, based off sense.

there's myn's warm twopointtwo. highly themed to look amazing. very fast and slick. smooth as butter.

there's caulkin's evio 2. very very very fast. very tweaked. very optomized. great rom. also lightly themed to not look as fugly as sense.

also, ava-froyo is nice. very tweaked. this dude knos his java.
    I cannot open up the app after downloading. The circular battery indicator is in apk format.

"Cannot Open File" is displayed ?

Click on it in root explorer. That will usually install apks.
    For the apk thing, is it framework-res.apk? This is an exception. It holds all the images and some scripts for android systems, and needs to be installed to a separate partition.