FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][1.6+] AppExtractor v1.5.4 - ROM Manager Companion

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 78
 
By awjones, Member on 12th October 2011, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2011, 02:40 PM |#71  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Question Overwrite or Add data
If I "Restore", will my current data be overwritten or will it just add to my existing data?

Apps/Data?
SMS/MMS?
Contacts?
Wifi Settings?

Thanks.
 
 
20th October 2011, 02:44 PM |#72  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones

What is the name of the backup file for your ext4 partition? sd-ext.ext4.tar?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes, it is sd-ext.ext4.tar.

Code:
# ls -l /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2011-10-15.20.46.02
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r   3145728 Oct 15 20:46 boot.img
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r     27456 Oct 15 20:51 cache.yaffs2.img
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r 148893888 Oct 15 20:51 data.yaffs2.img
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r       352 Oct 15 20:55 nandroid.md5
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r   4063232 Oct 15 20:46 recovery.img
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r 353992704 Oct 15 20:54 sd-ext.ext4.tar
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r 162009408 Oct 15 20:48 system.yaffs2.img
20th October 2011, 02:53 PM |#73  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falen

If I "Restore", will my current data be overwritten or will it just add to my existing data?

Apps/Data?
SMS/MMS?
Contacts?
Wifi Settings?

Thanks.

It will overwrite your existing data.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
20th October 2011, 05:54 PM |#74  
ziggy34's Avatar
Senior Member
SE Michigan
Thanks Meter: 274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones

I added an option to allow you to specify the SD card location. Hit the menu button to access the Settings screen. Can you let me know if that fixes the issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OK, thanks, finally had time to try. Got the SD card location set OK, but get "unable to generate apk list"

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
21st October 2011, 10:18 PM |#75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
I can't seem to get mine to recognize any backup. Am I using to new a version of clockwork? How to I revert to an older version if that is the issue? I have ROM Manager Premium 4.7.0.2
If you could give some more definitive instructions it might help. I am sorry if I am too ignorant to get this (although I don't think that is the case). AE does recognize a few backups on my phone, but none of my current ones (only a couple from back in March).
23rd October 2011, 09:21 PM |#76  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Jules]

Yes, it is sd-ext.ext4.tar.

Code:
# ls -l /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2011-10-15.20.46.02
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r   3145728 Oct 15 20:46 boot.img
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r     27456 Oct 15 20:51 cache.yaffs2.img
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r 148893888 Oct 15 20:51 data.yaffs2.img
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r       352 Oct 15 20:55 nandroid.md5
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r   4063232 Oct 15 20:46 recovery.img
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r 353992704 Oct 15 20:54 sd-ext.ext4.tar
---xrwxr-x    1 system   sdcard_r 162009408 Oct 15 20:48 system.yaffs2.img

I think I found what's wrong here. I took a look in the apk to see what's going on; here's what basically happens:
Code:
# busybox tar -xf /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2011-10-15.20.46.02/sd-ext.ext4.tar -C /mnt/sdcard/appextractor/imgdump data/app
tar: data/app: not found in archive
Which makes sense, because in the tar file there is no data/app but sd-ext/app instead.
Perhaps this is because the backup is made with CWM in recovery mode, and sd-ext is then mounted as /sd-ext, not as /data.

If I change the command in ADB shell to:
Code:
# busybox tar -xf /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2011-10-15.20.46.02/sd-ext.ext4.tar -C /mnt/sdcard/appextractor/imgdump sd-ext/app
...then it works just fine and all the apps are extracted.
The app data would still be in the data.yaffs2.img.

Could you please verify and test this, and put it in an update?
24th October 2011, 12:19 AM |#77  
Member
Flag Rabat
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
will check...
24th October 2011, 12:27 AM |#78  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Jules]

I think I found what's wrong here. I took a look in the apk to see what's going on; here's what basically happens:

Code:
# busybox tar -xf /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2011-10-15.20.46.02/sd-ext.ext4.tar -C /mnt/sdcard/appextractor/imgdump data/app
tar: data/app: not found in archive
Which makes sense, because in the tar file there is no data/app but sd-ext/app instead.
Perhaps this is because the backup is made with CWM in recovery mode, and sd-ext is then mounted as /sd-ext, not as /data.

If I change the command in ADB shell to:
Code:
# busybox tar -xf /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2011-10-15.20.46.02/sd-ext.ext4.tar -C /mnt/sdcard/appextractor/imgdump sd-ext/app
...then it works just fine and all the apps are extracted.
The app data would still be in the data.yaffs2.img.

Could you please verify and test this, and put it in an update?

You are awesome. I actually put out an update on the Market earlier today. Can you let me know if the update fixes the issue?

Thanks!

Andy

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
24th October 2011, 02:01 AM |#79  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones

You are awesome. I actually put out an update on the Market earlier today. Can you let me know if the update fixes the issue?

Thanks!

Andy

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's working!!! Nice!

Too bad the SMS restore won't work with cross ROMs.
24th October 2011, 02:27 AM |#80  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negative13

It's working!!! Nice!

Too bad the SMS restore won't work with cross ROMs.

Awesome! Can you tell me if the data is restoring as well? If not, I have a fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
24th October 2011, 03:06 AM |#81  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones

Awesome! Can you tell me if the data is restoring as well? If not, I have a fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tried restoring but data and APK were not restored.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes