OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuxeon

2 Quick questions :
- GSam Battery Monitor reports that Lux makes wide use of gyroscope
How does gyroscope helps Lux?

- On Galaxy S2 the sensor reports 1lx while your eyes can still cleary see arround...
Could it be possible to add a fonction in Lux that would switch to camera reading when light sensor has reach its lower limit?

Thanks

1. I have no idea what's causing that. There's no reference to any Gyroscope within the code. :/
2. That was my original plan, but I'm still not happy with the experiments I've done. Maybe in a future update.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 03:55 PM |#42  
Flag Near COGNAC (FR)
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

1. I have no idea what's causing that. There's no reference to any Gyroscope within the code. :/
2. That was my original plan, but I'm still not happy with the experiments I've done. Maybe in a future update.

ok thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Maybe I have an answer : I just tried to find GSam developper's adress in Google Play then I see that, in developper other apps, that he was ALSO the dev of Screen Dimmer ...

So I wonder now if it's not an intentionaly introduced bug in GSam Battery Monitor...
21st October 2012, 04:03 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry guys, just released another update (v0.72). I accidentally called the wrong method when resuming the Dashboard which broke subzero/night modes. >_<

New version includes updated RootTools library, so see if integrating into OS works (for those who were having trouble).
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 04:04 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Some points on latest version, using it on stock Nexus 7
  1. Can you give a little explanation on the difference between 'Dynamically' and 'Ascendingly' auto modes, please? What's the difference in the algorithm that causes a brightness update?
  2. On the N7 there is no widget available. Is this removed now?
  3. On the expanded notification, there is a "sleeping" mode. What does this do? It can be set even when Lux is in manual mode.
  4. On the main 'pop up' UI, Night mode and Astronomer mode seem to have no effect. But Night mode works from the notifications.
21st October 2012, 04:10 PM |#45  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WibblyW

Some points on latest version, using it on stock Nexus 7

1. Can you give a little explanation on the difference between 'Dynamically' and 'Ascendingly' auto modes, please? What's the difference in the algorithm that causes a brightness update?
  2. On the N7 there is no widget available. Is this removed now?
  3. On the expanded notification, there is a "sleeping" mode. What does this do? It can be set even when Lux is in manual mode.
  4. On the main 'pop up' UI, Night mode and Astronomer mode seem to have no effect. But Night mode works from the notifications.

1. Dynamically will adjust the brightness up/down when lux values change significantly, whereas ascending mode will only adjust upward, then reset when the phone resumes from standby.

2. Widget is definitely there. Have you tried rebooting your N7?

3. Sleep mode removes Lux's overlays (sub-zero/night/astro modes), which is useful for taking screenshots or if you're using a secure app.

4. Yep, my bad. New update rolling out. Third time's a charm. >_<
21st October 2012, 04:11 PM |#46  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

ok thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Maybe I have an answer : I just tried to find GSam developper's adress in Google Play then I see that, in developper other apps, that he was ALSO the dev of Screen Dimmer ...

So I wonder now if it's not an intentionaly introduced bug in GSam Battery Monitor...

Heh, maybe. I prefer BetterBatteryStats anyway, seems a lot more accurate.
21st October 2012, 04:22 PM |#47  
Flag Near COGNAC (FR)

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Heh, maybe. I prefer BetterBatteryStats anyway, seems a lot more accurate.

I also have BetterBatteryStats (paid)

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I just updated from Google Play but the "new" version is still 0.71 and "Integrate into Android" still failled
21st October 2012, 04:31 PM |#48  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I also have BetterBatteryStats (paid)

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I just updated from Google Play but the "new" version is still 0.71 and "Integrate into Android" still failled

v0.72 has the update. Anyway, going to release v0.73 soon. It improves the performance of the lux readings on the Dashboard. Then hopefully everything is fixed for now. :/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
21st October 2012, 04:55 PM |#49  
Flag Near COGNAC (FR)

More
I have an idea that could be a workaround for adjusting screen level for very low light conditions :

-everyday's life, you would probably never stay in a very low light environement for more....mmmhhh...lets say 10 min (unless hiding from your mistress's husband in a wardrobe ...) , so its not very important to try to reduce screen power during those 10 mins.

BUT

At full night (without any artificials lights) it could be very usefull (while night, in a Cinema etc...) to deem much more the screen.

The idea is when the light sensor read 1 or 0 lux for more than 10 mins or x sensor readings, then Lux would decrease screen brithness to a lower level than the lowest linked sample.

I don't know if I m clear...
21st October 2012, 04:59 PM |#50  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I have an idea that could be a workaround for adjusting screen level for very low light conditions :

-everyday's life, you would probably never stay in a very low light environement for more....mmmhhh...lets say 10 min (unless hiding from your mistress's husband in a wardrobe ...) , so its not very important to try to reduce screen power during those 10 mins.

BUT

At full night (without any artificials lights) it could be very usefull (while night, in a Cinema etc...) to deem much more the screen.

The idea is when the light sensor read 1 or 0 lux for more than 10 mins or x sensor readings, then Lux would decrease screen brithness to a lower level than the lowest linked sample.

I think I get what you're saying. I did consider something like this, but I still need to experiment. I think it's better to use the camera to confirm than to try and guess. I have other more reliable ways of checking too, but they're still experimental. I can't say what, because I have competitors who will jump at the chance to implement it "first", even if it's just hacked in quickly to claim the title.
21st October 2012, 05:00 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:

I'd like this behavior too... i often read my Note in the bed, and have to manually adjust brightness...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)