FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE/TIPS] How to Port OEM Apps / Vendor Apps to Your Current ROM

1,596 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,927
 
By Rizal Lovins, Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer / Recognized Contributor on 9th October 2013, 03:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th April 2014, 05:18 PM |#41  
Aman_Arora's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qvgahub

thanks for ur great guide i was trying to port an app to gingerbread ....but when i searched the androidmanifest.xml it does not contain any line with minsdkversion...instead it uses <receiver ="com.adjust.sdk.ReferrerReceiver" ="true"> can anyone help me out ...i want to change the minsdkversion required by the app

Even if you change sdk version it is not 100% sure that it will work.
To change it go to the decompiled apk folder there will be a *.yml file generally named apktool.yml in that you can find min and target SDK version .Hope it helps.
All the Best 👍

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 05:00 PM |#42  
qvgahub's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman_Arora

Even if you change sdk version it is not 100% sure that it will work.
To change it go to the decompiled apk folder there will be a *.yml file generally named apktool.yml in that you can find min and target SDK version .Hope it helps.
All the Best 👍

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I searched the yml but it. Did not contain the minsdkversion line
Should i add it on my own??

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda premium
18th April 2014, 09:39 AM |#43  
ravhi1044's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Nice tutorial, i want to move my musicplayer from stock rom to cm11, cause i dont like apollo
20th April 2014, 04:53 AM |#44  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 657
 
More
Is there a way to port missing KitKat methods to Jellybean? I'm trying to port Google Camera.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
11th May 2014, 04:35 AM |#45  
android.zealot.fervor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Thanks Meter: 1,679
 
More
OP can ypu please guide me how can i decrease sdk version of an application ? Plzzzz
Thanks and Regards...
11th May 2014, 05:41 AM |#46  
ChinmayKunkikar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,141
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android.zealot.fervor

OP can ypu please guide me how can i decrease sdk version of an application ? Plzzzz
Thanks and Regards...

After decompiling the apk, see the apktool.yml file in the decompiled folder.
There is a line in that file 'minsdklevel'. This is what you wanted. Modify it accordingly.



Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th May 2014, 01:47 PM |#47  
android.zealot.fervor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Thanks Meter: 1,679
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpkunki

After decompiling the apk, see the apktool.yml file in the decompiled folder.
There is a line in that file 'minsdklevel'. This is what you wanted. Modify it accordingly.



Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

But after modifying ,when i recompile it back ,should i have to copy the androidmanifest and meta-inf folder to the decompiled one ? Or leave it as it is. Plz Help brother.
11th May 2014, 05:08 PM |#48  
ChinmayKunkikar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,141
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android.zealot.fervor

But after modifying ,when i recompile it back ,should i have to copy the androidmanifest and meta-inf folder to the decompiled one ? Or leave it as it is. Plz Help brother.

If you are using apktool. Its hard to do these things.
Please use the Advanced Apktool By @BDFreak . It will do all your jobs on the go.
Also, dont forget to use the framework files for decompiling and recompiling files.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChinmayKunkikar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChinmayKunkikar Ad-Free
11th May 2014, 05:24 PM |#49  
android.zealot.fervor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Thanks Meter: 1,679
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpkunki

If you are using apktool. Its hard to do these things.
Please use the Advance Apktool By @BDFreak . It will do all your jobs on the go.
Also, dont forget to use the framework files for decompiling and recompiling files.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ohh THANKS BROTHER....Going to give a try
THANKS Once Again .
11th May 2014, 09:35 PM |#50  
ChinmayKunkikar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,141
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android.zealot.fervor

Ohh THANKS BROTHER....Going to give a try
THANKS Once Again .

Sure! Go ahead.
22nd May 2014, 11:36 AM |#51  
Ankush menat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Can you help with touchless control port? Is it even possible? Or I've to start from scratch to make clone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes