Unity Installer [TEMPLATE][Deprecated]

Search This thread

ahrion

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2013
Unity is now deprecated. It's recommended to switch to MMT-Ex unless you absolutely need your mod to work in non-magisk environments

This is a developement thread for Unity (Un)Installer

Unity Installer allows the install/uninstall of a mod on any device regardless of root solution (or lack thereof) in use.

Compatibility:
Magisk 19+
Supersu
Rootless
Any other root solution (Like LOS Su)

See the Github Wiki for how to make your own unity module

Upgrading from v3.3 to v4.0? See here

Downloads

XDA:DevDB Information
Unity Installer, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
ahrion, Zackptg5
Source Code: https://github.com/Zackptg5/Unity

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v5.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-12-30

Created 2017-03-26
Last Updated 2020-01-04

ahrion

Jul 19, 2013
I have BT's issue installing this module on Pure Nexus for Kenzo/Kate (SD650)
You must have installed other modules, probably my deep_buffer Remover because this module does NOT touch your bluetooth settings. This module is simply a framework for other modules to utilize and edit audio policy and audio effect files on your system.

Reactions: duttyend and Brkge

ExEdd

Jan 4, 2017
You must have installed other modules, probably my deep_buffer Remover because this module does NOT touch your bluetooth settings. This module is simply a framework for other modules to utilize and edit audio policy and audio effect files on your system.

I not have other modules or mods, only install Magisk and then AudModLib (downloaded through Magisk Downloads), when I reboot my device after install the module BT crash

ahrion

Jul 19, 2013
I not have other modules or mods, only install Magisk and then AudModLib (downloaded through Magisk Downloads), when I reboot my device after install the module BT crash
Don't know what to tell you man. All this mod does is copy certain configs to a magisk directory and then magisk symlink them to your system.

The only thing I can think is that you have a boot.img compatibility issue with magisk.

Reactions: Brkge

ahrion

Jul 19, 2013
Good news guys. I finally found a fix for AM3D and Dolby Atmos to work 100% in enforcing on both MagiskSU/SuperSU, Magisk OR System install.

This will be available in the AudModLib v1.3 update I will be pushing soon. I'll obviously fix any more bugs or make any other additions in the meantime.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Good news guys. I finally found a fix for AM3D and Dolby Atmos to work 100% in enforcing on both MagiskSU/SuperSU, Magisk OR System install.

This will be available in the AudModLib v1.3 update I will be pushing soon. I'll obviously fix any more bugs or make any other additions in the meantime.

I can't wait! I really think that is going to make everything work . I prefer the SeLinux to be enabled with it my responsibility to flip if it didn't automatically. Looking forward to it!

do_salah

Jul 6, 2014
Hi. Thanks for the mod. If I download and install through magisk or even download through magisk I get installation error. Doesn't say why. I'm on Z5C Nougat and fully rooted. Thanks Kam

ahrion

Jul 19, 2013
[UPDATED] Audio Modification Library
v2.3:
- Script addition to allow various audio mods working with SELinux Enforcing
- Remove (audmodlib)service.sh and replace with pos-fs-data(.d) audmodlib.sh, which should fix when root may be lost upon installing certain mods

Download

Previous Changelogs (Audio Modification Library):

HTML:
v2.2:
- Added audmodlib.sh post-fs-data.d script
- Fix selinux injection script to work for MagiskSU/SuperSU (system and systemless)
- Install script fixes

v1.1:
- Hotfix for bootloop issues on some devices

v1.0
- Initial Magisk release

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
You don't know how to flash a zip or install Magisk?

My friend, why are you in this forum?

Go easy on the guy... He's obviously new and inexperienced and probably here to learn...
@mvarejao You should probably do a whole lot of reading before continuing.

Go to your device forums. You'll most likely find a lot of useful information there, among other things threads like this (where you'll find lots of resources and reading material): https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-sticky-roll-t3528728

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unity is now deprecated. It's recommended to switch to MMT-Ex unless you absolutely need your mod to work in non-magisk environments

This is a developement thread for Unity (Un)Installer

Unity Installer allows the install/uninstall of a mod on any device regardless of root solution (or lack thereof) in use.

Compatibility:
    Magisk 19+
    Supersu
    Rootless
    Any other root solution (Like LOS Su)

See the Github Wiki for how to make your own unity module

Upgrading from v3.3 to v4.0? See here

Downloads

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unity Installer, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
    ahrion, Zackptg5
    Source Code: https://github.com/Zackptg5/Unity

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v5.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-12-30

Created 2017-03-26
    Last Updated 2020-01-04
    I want to give a shout-out to @Zackptg5 for his work in this project. Some of the things he has added or improved upon is great. This project and even the Ainur project wouldn't be the same without him.

While a lot of users don't understand the complexity of Unity Installer or AML, let me explain why we're so excited with it (since people are confused, especially developers).

As you know, Audio Modification Library or AML for short, allows multiple audio mods to utilize the same files without compatibility issues. Some ask why this is necessary right? Well this is necessary because Magisk does it's job by symlinking files. Almost every audio modification or app utilizes audio_effect.conf files by doing patches to that specific file. This is where we run into the problems. Only one of the same file can be symlinked at any given time, so say I download a non AML ViPER4Android module and a non AML Dolby module, whichever audio_effect.conf file is symlinked last, will be the one that is loaded by the system. This will cause either Dolby or V4A to not work. AML fixes this issue so any mod that utilizes AML will just simply patch the AML module, thus fixing the Magisk issue. With v2.0+ AML is different in the fact that it also brings other features besides being a simple framework, but it also assists with System installs as well rather than just Magisk as well as allows SELinux patching for SELinux Enforcing (allows audio mods to work on SELinux Enforcing). It's easy to add support for AML for developers as well by simply utilizing the Unity Installer. It's a copy/paste job (easy) from there.

Unity Installer and AML are both bundled together, Unity Installer is where a lot of the magic happens. The developer who wants to use Unity has the option to make a mod by setting AudModLib=false, in that case AML will not be installed or utilized in a non-audio mod module. Unity Installer is a multi-purpose and multi-compatibility installer that ranges across arm/x84 to Nexus and Pixel devices, and allowing one installer to detect and install on either Magisk or non-Magisk (System install), and adds many features for both developers AND users. Some of the features included rootless, addon.d, init.d, MagiskSU, phh SU, LineageOS SU, other root options, and SELinux Enforcing support. Among other features, Unity also allows Magisk user's to force uninstall by adding "uninstall" to the zip name and force System install by adding "system" to the zip name (if Magisk is already installed). You can also uninstall by flashing the installed version a second time. Another new unreleased feature is the fact that the mod always uninstalls itself when a new version is detected because if the new version is missing previous files from an older version, this cleans up for the new install.

Now people might think Unity or AML is dumb or useless because it looks confusing, and it is, but not for the user or developer. The reason being is among all the features it has, all the internal update-binary script doesn't need to be edited AT ALL for any of these features. The update-binary doesn't need to be touched. It's literally a copy/past game for the developer to the specified files we've created for them. So say for example I want to make a Liveboot module based on Chainfire's app, you would literally just place the file in the system directory of the Unity template, change the necessary files for the module (only if Magisk) and voila, the installer will automatically create the addon.d script, any necessary boot scripts, and the uninstaller will work for whatever apps or files placed without the developer or user adding any code or lines. It's all automated. Cool right? Now there are some special cases where a lib might be installed differently and this is where the custom rules comes in, we allow the developer to manually define the conditions to place their files, but the installer will still automate the process for addon.d, scripts, and uninstall process. So. How can this be relevant? Say we have ARISE right? That mod has over 100+ files right? Literally all that needs to be done is a copy/paste job and the installer/Uninstaller automates the rest. One thing that is developers hate about Uninstallers is always having to update it any time a file is added or changed, imagine being @guitardedhero from ARISE constantly editing an installer for over 100+ lines of code to reflect every file in his mod. Yeah. . That's not gonna happen, which is why many modules don't have uninstallers. This fixes that issue because it's all automated.

Among all the crazy usefulness of an installer like Unity, it's not for everyone. I didn't even finish listing all of the cool features. I just wanted to clear up some confusion on why every time a new feature is released I'm excited, and why I think it would benefit a lot of people other than myself, Zack, or the Ainur project.
    Been busy with my new mod specific stuff and then work. The problem is that I have to update like 13ish update binaries because this new Magisk changed quite a bit. Usually I just do batch editing which allows me to make changes in minutes. This will take like a good days worth of work for one of my days off.

It's not just for this mod though. Thank you for your patience.
    If you check my git you'll see that I'm almost finished with all of my mod support for Magisk 13.5. It has some pretty awesome features. I'm now partnering with @Zackptg5 who I trust to help bring our visions together.