FORUMS

Power button problem

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By casiopea, Member on 4th December 2010, 01:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all.

2 days ago i droped my N1 in to my soup =/

But everything works fine exept power buton and trackball.

I turn off my phone, cant lock screen or unlock it. To do so i have to plag in to charger or reboot phone taking the battery out - after reeboot phone starts automaticaly.

Trackball - works allright i can scrooll in all directions but it lits all the time.

Another problem is that the i bought my N1 on Ebay so as i know i dnt have any warranty on it.

Need advice how to fix it. Shouled i send it to HTC for reapair - if yes any idea how much thay gone charge me - or?
5th December 2010, 12:11 AM |#2  
Flag Mililani
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiopea

Hi all.

2 days ago i droped my N1 in to my soup =/

But everything works fine exept power buton and trackball.

I turn off my phone, cant lock screen or unlock it. To do so i have to plag in to charger or reboot phone taking the battery out - after reeboot phone starts automaticaly.

Trackball - works allright i can scrooll in all directions but it lits all the time.

Another problem is that the i bought my N1 on Ebay so as i know i dnt have any warranty on it.

Need advice how to fix it. Shouled i send it to HTC for reapair - if yes any idea how much thay gone charge me - or?

Even if you had warranty, you wouldn't be covered for liquid damages anyway. I think there is an HTC repair center in the UK somewhere.
5th December 2010, 09:34 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
There is onw i know that but any clue how much its gone cost me? mayb i shouled go somewhere else than HTC to repair it?
5th December 2010, 04:35 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,395

More
my power button has been broken since august. ive gotten used to it and even forget that i ever had a power button! 2 apps you need, lockscreen widget to turn your screen of(i use the trackball wake option in cyanogenmod to wake the device) and root booter to reboot and to boot into recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)