Can't get tonights GPS/WIFI update? READ HOW HERE

Search This thread

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
So like some other people I saw, I was able to download the new firmware but it failed during the installation. Tried with root. Tried without root. Nothing worked. Apparently if you mess with any of the apps/bloatware that come it may not work.

Here is how I fixed it:

Goto ASUS.com, goto SUPPORT>DOWNLOADS>Put in Transformer Prime. Select Android OS and then FIRMWARE. Download this: Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 Firmware: V9.4.2.7 Only for US SKU (Android 4.0.3)

It will be a ~300mb zip file. Once its downloaded, extract it, its a zip inside of a zip. Once you get the new zip, place it on /sdcard/ and power off your device.

Once I turned mine BACK on, I went to System, About Tablet and checked for a FW upgrade. It saw the file I put on and allowed me to reinstall 4.0.3 ICS, afterwhich I was able to get tonights OTA.

I know this isnt anything special, but trying to get info out of the current thread is tough.

If your device doesn't see an update after you put the zip on your tab, try powering off, holding POWER and VOLUME DOWN and then pressing VOLUME UP once you get to the screen with tiny text. It will attempt to update that way but fail, and youll get a message once you get back to your homescreen that a update failed and you can attempt it again that way.

cyi1

Nov 12, 2010
Already put in a RMA to return my prime through newegg earlier today but i'll give this a shot.. if it doesn't work... bye bye prime :(

skeptikal

Nov 28, 2008
Will it navigate? I'm downloading now. I've always locked satellites, GPS-only, in the house. Won't navi though. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Last edited:

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Just updated through the regular Firmware update. It took a few tries, kept coming back not connected to the internet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App

Greatcdn

Oct 4, 2011
Nanaimo
I want to wait for it from ASUS, so they are rollin it out now? I have not seen anything for Canada yet.

NatTheCat

May 12, 2011
Manchester
Nothing in the UK either.. 1 Day early for U.S seems to be the trend.. Good Luck

My name is Optimus Prime and I send this message..

hbk19

May 24, 2010
I want to wait for it from ASUS, so they are rollin it out now? I have not seen anything for Canada yet.

I got the update :S

Updated straight from HC to ICS 9.4.2.11. Kinda sucks though, because I can't root it now.

theizzardking

Oct 19, 2011
seattle
Just updated through the regular Firmware update. It took a few tries, kept coming back not connected to the internet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App

Same here almost got it once but failed to locate it , said update downloaded check notifications, which i did and found nothing , now continues to not connect after an hour of trying

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bimbobo

Jan 15, 2012
So like some other people I saw, I was able to download the new firmware but it failed during the installation. Tried with root. Tried without root. Nothing worked. Apparently if you mess with any of the apps/bloatware that come it may not work.

Here is how I fixed it:

Goto ASUS.com, goto SUPPORT>DOWNLOADS>Put in Transformer Prime. Select Android OS and then FIRMWARE. Download this: Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 Firmware: V9.4.2.7 Only for US SKU (Android 4.0.3)

It will be a ~300mb zip file. Once its downloaded, extract it, its a zip inside of a zip. Once you get the new zip, place it on /sdcard/ and power off your device.

Once I turned mine BACK on, I went to System, About Tablet and checked for a FW upgrade. It saw the file I put on and allowed me to reinstall 4.0.3 ICS, afterwhich I was able to get tonights OTA.

I know this isnt anything special, but trying to get info out of the current thread is tough.

If your device doesn't see an update after you put the zip on your tab, try powering off, holding POWER and VOLUME DOWN and then pressing VOLUME UP once you get to the screen with tiny text. It will attempt to update that way but fail, and youll get a message once you get back to your homescreen that a update failed and you can attempt it again that way.

You should maybe specify that this update is NOT for all.
I have the tablet bought through Amazon DE, and this is not available for Germany and tons of other countries than except or routed devices.

Last edited:

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Same here almost got it once but failed to locate it , said update downloaded check notifications, which i did and found nothing , now continues to not connect after an hour of trying

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Keep trying and hopefully it will download. I just clicked my notifications after it said it was downloaded and ran the install. So far don't notice much, but will test the GPS tomorrow on the way to work.

WiFi signal is now reading 3 bars vs 2 bars before the update. Will see if this helps those two areas, if not might return the Asus Prime.

fezza

Jul 2, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

Go to: Settings > Apps > All > Scroll down and click on DMClient > Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop > Turn off your prime > hold vol down + power and select Android icon to cold boot > Check for updates again and the notification should work

Reactions: theizzardking

Munkee Boy

Jan 5, 2012
I will help out everyone and go a step further, here is the direct download of version 11, feel free to mirror if someone knows how. Just throw me some thanks for posting it for you.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4583587/US_epad-user-9.4.2.11.1-20120118-1535-UpdateLauncher.zip

Says it will take about 30 minutes to upload.

Has anyone flashed with this update? The name is a little odd, I've only ever seen 4 digit version numbers (i.e. 9.x.x.x) but this one has five (9.4.2.11.1). Is that what it is supposed to be? Just want to make sure. I am one of the people with no serial number, so I can't get OTA updates. I'd like to flash it if this is the correct one.

azulgrana

Feb 27, 2011
I read somewhere that this update gives the users the option to gain root access. is it true?

RamAir02

Dec 3, 2007
New York, NY
Thank you so much for posting this method of updating. It worked perfectly. I was rooted and had removed some bloatware without backing up first. Thus, the latest update would fail. With this method I was able to successfully update to the latest GPS fix update. Thanks again.

indiscriminant

Jul 23, 2010
Indianapolis
The update that is. 11.1 was an advanced update beyond the original OTA released the same day that is supposed to have a few more bug fixes in it including preventing the reboot problems. There is a long thread in the development forums if you want more info. It is also mirrored and hosted there as it is no longer on my drobox as I reached my limit.

Hope that helps!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is how I fixed it:

I will help out everyone and go a step further, here is the direct download of version 11, feel free to mirror if someone knows how. Just throw me some thanks for posting it for you.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4583587/US_epad-user-9.4.2.11.1-20120118-1535-UpdateLauncher.zip

Says it will take about 30 minutes to upload.

Go to: Settings > Apps > All > Scroll down and click on DMClient > Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop > Turn off your prime > hold vol down + power and select Android icon to cold boot > Check for updates again and the notification should work