[Official] SG Note II in the Philippines

Search This thread

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
welcome to the galaxy note 2 philippines thread

as announced by samsung philippines, the galaxy note 2 would be released in the country on the 2nd or 3rd week of october with grey markets already taking pre-orders and a minute number already having access to the phone via other channels

the thread is mainly for users from the philippines but will also cater to our mates from other countries...

here's a preview see thru article care of TechPinas (credit to Mark Macanas)

http://www.techpinas.com/2012/08/samsung-galaxy-note-2-n7100-philippines.html

images care of Technobaboy Philippines thread

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-White-600x426.jpg

samsung-galaxy-note-ii-298x347.jpg

Reactions: Jauntise

georaldc

Jun 17, 2011
Gray market unit means no warranty right? I wonder if this will make a nice phone change from an s3 (s3 user here)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Thread Open

A final solution is still in the works for availability threads, so in fairness, i will reopen this until that happens.​

Last edited:
Reactions: jermitano

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Galaxy Note II in the Philippines

Hi Pinoys! This thread was created to have an avenue for Filipinos to dicuss their Galaxy Note II experience. Please post in English! :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Hello! Nice seeing you here! I remember you from the other pinoy forums, sgs2 I think. Did you buy yours in the gray market or officially?

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Just out of curiosity, what's/where's the grey market? Only asking because, i'm taking my family to the philippines in 2 weeks...so it would be cool if Im able to get the Note 2 cheaper over there than here in SoCal.

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Oh a gray unit is bought from places like greenhills or sulit.com.ph or tipidcp.com. These items usually come with no warranty thats why they're cheaper. Since you're going to bring the unit abroad it would be silly to get one here with warranty. Locally I'd recommend getting from gamextreme. It's a reputable shop and they have listings on sulit.com.ph

Reactions: babymatteo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ganown!? HAHA! Eh anong trip mong device niyan sir? Ok naman si Note 2 so far ah? Lalo na pag rooted na. :))
    Sir, please write in english to prevent our thread from getting locked.
    It's a forum rule and you're on an international forum, even if this thread is for Filipinos.
    I'm seeing some common queries from our kababayans. So here's some facts that might help out future questions:

* Regardless of what CSC you have, you can manually flash any Samsung Official ROM from sammobile.com using PC Odin. Nothing to worry about.
    * Rooting is entirely different from software unlocking. It won't unlock your phone just by rooting.
    * Don't worry too much about trying to reset your binary counter. As long as you don't step on your phone, it won't break. Besides, there is always Triangle Away.
    * Once you root, you can't do any OTA so stop trying.. Like for real. Even if you have an official stock rom.
    * Mobile Odin + Custom Recovery are the only things you'll ever need. You'll never have to connect your phone from your PC/Mac again.. Like ever.
    * USB debugging is a thing of the past. When you want to transfer files from and to your phone, Airdroid is what you want.
    * Avoid clearing your cached apps. Please... It will only make your battery drain faster. Android has a unique app + memory management that's built in.
    * Unusual battery drain when flashing a new ROM is but normal. Let the ROM settle for a few days before you start freaking out.
    * The only thing that will surely (101%) brick your phone is when you flash a different radio for a different model. When you do that, don't even bother rescuing your poor phone.

Sent from my GT-N7100

ROM: MIUI JB v3.1.25
    Kernel: Stock v3.0.31
    Recovery: CWM Touch v6.0.1.5
    Guys may alam ba kayong mabibilihan ng spen?? Nawala spen ko .. di ko naactivate yung keeper.. hai:(

from GODFATHER GT-N7100
    DMB4 PHILIPPINES..

1,000+ pesos for a new S-Pen on Samsung stores.

If anyone likes to buy an extra battery, go to CD-R King. They have a 3100 mAh battery for only 420 pesos.

Almost identical battery life from the original. Good deal :)
    Mga kabayan for me, everytime i have an update whether kies or ota, i do a factory reset. This is just me because long long time ako during the SII days i got crappy batt life after an update. Did an FR and that solved it. So that became my style ever since, again this is just me.

Did update to 4.1.2 through Kies, did an FR, got no issues and good batt life. Did the recent update to MA6 through OTA, again silly me still did an FR, i get good battery life. For me i do not like to rely on the phone optimizing the apps. So i want an FR which gives me the new firmware like brand new lol, again this is just me.

If i dont need to use data, (3G or H+) i always set my phone to GSM Only. If you need to use data, choose wcdma only. Auto mode drains battery and keeps selecting the best signal.

If you have crappy network signal, left your phone idle, even with data off...expect some batt drain specially when your on auto mode.

I agree with Prince, clearing RAM can cause additional drain, so just do it when you are about to retire to bed. Your phone should go into deep sleep when idle after clearing ram...example after the MA6 update, 10% left on the phone, went to sleep, woke up 6 hours later with still 10%, so deep sleep with the new update is good.

If you leave your phone idle, data off, and your phone does not go into deep sleep then check if you have wake locks. Click on battery graph, AWAKE bar should match SCREEN bar, if it does not then you do have wake locks. If they match, then its your network signal

i am no expert but this system works for me. just sharing mga kabayan.
    everyone of us started as a noob.. it's obvious he didn't read the rules so no need to play smart and say such things.. especially to our own kababayans.
    this thread is created for us filipinos to help and guide each other especially the new ones.. so HELP the new ones.. if they violated a rule then tell them..

anyways:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English use an online translator, You're free to include your original message in your own language below the English translation.