[Q] Cannot activate the Play Store

Search This thread

7turnips

Mar 1, 2014
So I sideloaded the Play APK from Android Police, but after putting in my Google account information, it tells me "Couldn't sign in: There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later". I have internet connection, and have tried waiting a couple hours. Google and Youtube work fine. This is very frustrating to me since I can't do much without play apps...

Sep 5, 2013
Same issue with Play Store

So I sideloaded the Play APK from Android Police, but after putting in my Google account information, it tells me "Couldn't sign in: There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later". I have internet connection, and have tried waiting a couple hours. Google and Youtube work fine. This is very frustrating to me since I can't do much without play apps...

I'm having the same issue using rooted Lokifizh Marz's Imperium Operative ROM. It's been two days. No joy. I've had to download and install APK files instead.:crying:

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
My mistake, I have run only the Patch/Mod. It's FANTASTIC. Thank you for all your work. Still not Play Store. I will update to 01/01/2014 now.

I'm going to double check it by flashing all three of my TS's to stock but as recent as 1AM today I've not had and play store install issues. It may be a play store server side issue which I've seen more than once. Even my all my Nexus devices have done this from time to time.

Sep 5, 2013
I'm going to double check it by flashing all three of my TS's to stock but as recent as 1AM today I've not had and play store install issues. It may be a play store server side issue which I've seen more than once. Even my all my Nexus devices have done this from time to time.

Thank you. I wanted to let you know I've flashed the latest update that you posted today (as an aside, the version still reports its the 02/21/2014). Anyway, still no play store. Same errors. OK with Nexus 7/ 4/Memo Pad(s). Do you think it could have something to do with the two-step verification process I've initiated with my Google account? Maybe the TS doesn't work well with that? Should I try to flash back to stock. Try again?

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Thank you. I wanted to let you know I've flashed the latest update that you posted today (as an aside, the version still reports its the 02/21/2014). Anyway, still no play store. Same errors. OK with Nexus 7/ 4/Memo Pad(s). Do you think it could have something to do with the two-step verification process I've initiated with my Google account? Maybe the TS doesn't work well with that? Should I try to flash back to stock. Try again?

two step would be my first guess.

thanks for letting me know about the version tag error. I knew I missed something simple but could not figure out what.

Reactions: ellentracymac2
Sep 5, 2013

It was the Google two-step verification process. It's not bothered any of my other devices, but the TS didn't agree with it. As soon as I disabled it, Play Store is up and active. Thank you for your help and quick responses Lokifish Marz. Have a great evening.

Reactions: 7turnips

7turnips

Mar 1, 2014
Thanks! I removed 2-step verification, and then did a factory reset since there appears to be no other way to remove an account from the TrueSmart. When I redid everything, Play worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

two step would be my first guess.

thanks for letting me know about the version tag error. I knew I missed something simple but could not figure out what.

It was the Google two-step verification process. It's not bothered any of my other devices, but the TS didn't agree with it. As soon as I disabled it, Play Store is up and active. Thank you for your help and quick responses Lokifish Marz. Have a great evening.