Thanks Meter: 0

By ntsteele, Junior Member on 27th January 2011, 04:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2018, 06:51 PM |#81  
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How did you get in your 2950?
How did you get in and turn on USB debugging?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1026

I got in. Turned on USB debugging... Can load apps but sadly Netflix won't run. Maybe root? Need to extract the iFit apps just in case.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

8th March 2018, 02:58 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

I got in. Turned on USB debugging... Can load apps but sadly Netflix won't run. Maybe root? Need to extract the iFit apps just in case.

Great thread, thanks to everyone for all the info!

@chuck1026, how did you get in to settings?? I am able to get to the background like you show in your pic, but can't get any further. I would LOVE to know how you did it!

Thanks!
8th March 2018, 04:00 PM |#83  
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftsur

Great thread, thanks to everyone for all the info!

@chuck1026, how did you get in to settings?? I am able to get to the background like you show in your pic, but can't get any further. I would LOVE to know how you did it!

Thanks!

Power up the treadmill and immediately swipe up from the bottom center of the screen. The Lollipop icons will appear. If if it tries to open swipe it off to the right. Resume your mission to get to settings to change USB debugging and then security to allow unknown sources.

16th January 2019, 11:24 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any news on this ?

I would love to install connect blutooth headphone to the tablet !
14th February 2019, 02:39 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
So it turns out on the newest ones there's a very easy easy to get into it.

Go to the settings mode, go to maintenance - then in the spot below the options there is a bunch of grey space.

Tap the same spot 10 times.
Wait 5-7 seconds
Tap the same spot 10 more times.

It will then pop up that "privileged mode is enabled"

When you enable it, you can drag down from the top and get access to the menu bar and go into android settings. You can also swipe up from the bottom and get to the default apps - it has a browser, camera, ifit admin, and the ifit cardio.

USB debugging was already enabled for me as was unknown sources - I'm not sure if that's because I activated privileged mode or not.

You can pair Bluetooth devices with it from the settings - I think it only works to send OUT sounds - it would be nice if you could connect audio to it via Bluetooth (they added that in the latest models, mind still just has aux in)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RyeBrye For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RyeBrye Ad-Free
14th February 2019, 10:02 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ok, it gets _even better_

after running nmap on my device's IP address, I saw it had 3 ports opened... 5009, 5555, 5000...

On a hunch, I decided to check if 5555 was setup for ADB in tcp mode... turns out it is.

`adb connect #.#.#.#:5555` (where the #'s are the IP address) works like a charm.

then `adb shell` - comes back with a _root shell_

`|[email protected]_t_crv2:/ # `

I'm sure 5555 was open before I did the tapping-on-the-window thing, so it looks like these things _ship_ with TCP ADB enabled into a root shell for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RyeBrye For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RyeBrye Ad-Free
16th April 2019, 02:04 AM |#87  

More
This worked on my x22i commercial and was able to enter privileged mode. When I was trying to install Zwift from the Google Play store the treadmill restarted. Anyone know what can be done from here as far as "jailbreaking" goes?

Also in the settings it shows ethernet, does this thing have an RJ45 hiding under the plastic shell somewhere? Would be nice to hardwire it to the router.

Cheers,
Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelF86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michaelF86 Ad-Free
16th April 2019, 02:27 AM |#88  
Flag Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelF86

This worked on my x22i commercial and was able to enter privileged mode. When I was trying to install Zwift from the Google Play store the treadmill restarted. Anyone know what can be done from here as far as "jailbreaking" goes?

Also in the settings it shows ethernet, does this thing have an RJ45 hiding under the plastic shell somewhere? Would be nice to hardwire it to the router.

Cheers,
Michael

I have a 2018 2950 commercial and can't get a USB to Ethernet adapter to work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
16th April 2019, 02:53 AM |#89  

More
Quote:

I have a 2018 2950 commercial and can't get a USB to Ethernet adapter to work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

same on my 2018 x22i, the transmit and receive lights are active but doesn't seem to actually connect. Halfway tempted to take the screws out of the console and see if there's a hidden ethernet adapter somewhere.
28th May 2019, 04:16 PM |#90  

More
Howdy,
I have a brand new x22i and apparently they still only connect to 2.4GHz wifi networks (ugh). I live in the middle of Manhattan where that frequency is flooded with a lot of interference, so I'm struggling with video buffering for the cloud-based workouts. If anyone has figured out how to increase the speed (or even better hardwire the tread -- any luck with USB-to-ethernet?), I'd love to hear about it.
Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to txotx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift txotx Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 06:43 PM |#91  
Flag Newport Wales
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelF86

Cheers,
Michael

Yea its a shame that development of this halted I was hoping to install the Less Mills app on the S22i.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaiC1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaiC1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android tablet, fitness, nordictrack, treadmill

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)