[ROM] | 04 Jun 2013 | AOSP | 4.2.2 | JellyFireBeanv2 Summer Edition

Search This thread

Shuvo_bd

Sep 16, 2011
Dhaka
Re: [ROM] | 1 Mar 2013 | AOSP | 4.2.2 | JellyFireBean ReBirth Edition

Its awesome vampire. I was on flinys latest built before. But this is some thing smoother for me. No bugs at all for me. Only minor things is while capturing pic there is greenish glow before the image is saved. And I noticed hardware info not showing correct values. Its showing cam is 8 mp. Btw,hope next built will be final one hving everything fixed with some kickass performance.

Sent from my Desire S using xda app-developers app

nikhilpatil

Aug 2, 2012
Well can you try installing awesome beats and check if it improves the situation...
Else if thats the case will try create a zip of CM10.1 audio files
My apologies.:eek: It was my poweramp issue. Direct Volume Control was on and somehow the SRS effect was on too! Now the SRS option itself has vanished :p Sounds great now! :D

signfinder

Aug 25, 2008
Reception power of wi-fi is less than the Android 4.0 htc firmware. I can not use wi-fi in the back room, where he normally takes on firmware 4.0.
wifi tx power not find iwconfig and not work

Last edited:

niravnn

Aug 12, 2011
Bardoli
OnePlus X
Blazing smooth :D no bugs except one! The audio, specifically the bass is messed up! This is an issue in all AOSP builds except CM 10.1 based roms. Bass is not deep enough - as compared to flinnys CM 10.1 builds (w/o DSP of any kind) I have keen ears and a good pair of headphones so I could catch it. Probably it won't matter to everyone but it does to me!
is there any way we could replace audio files of this by those from flinnys CM builds @vampire36?
If somebody can point me in d right direction I am willing to do it as well :)

may be you can copy system/lib/soundfx/ from flinny's build could fix it but make nadroid before coz it could result in bootloop
and also system/etc/audio_effects.conf and audio_policy.conf also can fix it.
there was a weird work around worked for me when I was on bnd pacman older build.
firs I play music
second I make a call and end it while music is playing and bass is fixed (my problem was bass was more in left than right channel)

Reactions: nikhilpatil

nikhilpatil

Aug 2, 2012

LOL.. I'm aware of that fix as well.. :D and I thought I invented it :p actually the issue was with my poweramp I guess.. direct volume control was enabled and also somehow SRS was available n on..now it has vanished, not sure how..but all's well..thanks for the help though..those instructions might help in future!:thumbup:

coderzs

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2010
Moscow
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Hm ... Vampire got permission for share cfx ?

Sent from my myTouch 4G using xda premium

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
Hm ... Vampire got permission for share cfx ?

Sent from my myTouch 4G using xda premium

Well I never am a fan of kang philosophy...android linux etc have 1 fundamental rule...Share, and Improve !!!
If I make A feature or app and someone takes it a notch higher I would love it...
About Credits well I always believe its better left to the dev...if he he gives you great if he doesn't my learning, knowledge and happiness that someone uses something that I developed itself gives immense pleasure and satisfaction...Only when popularity and 'I should be best' or my 'rom best' attitude or 'credit thirst' comes up the 'Sharing' thought is polluted and Kang,Complaints etc are born...But thats my outlook...
When someone uses my work or even doesn't give me credit it doesn't make me smaller or him better...Its the way you look at it is what matters :)
Anyways back on topic...I know Flinny well...Synerge I guess the same...Absolutely follow the same philosophy as I do and won't ever complain...rather whatever I know if am stuck they would help in and even share constructive suggestions :)
Maybe thats why these devs have earned the respect among users which very few manage to do :)
Guess that answers your question well :)

Sick1

Aug 24, 2011
Any way to permanently disable sweep2wake? Tried sys/androidtouch/sweep2wake to "0" and also the Sweep2Wake Disabler app. All works till reboot... Also other thing would be nice; binding softkeys to launch custom app. Flashed this yesterday and seems to be really fast and smooth. Came from CustoNexus 1.10 and been using it since the beginning.

Peace

Fastrite

Before I had to relock & warranty return my DS, Ice Cold was my favorite ICS ROM, so was pleased to see this ROM appear.
I clean flashed yesterday and have been using for a day and its fast and smooth but have a problem with WiFi tethering. When I turn on tethering it drops the data connection every few seconds then reconnects and drops the connection again. This carries on until I turn off tethering and then the data connection is fine.
I didn't have time to get a logcat as I had to restore Flinnys 10.1 to use tethering.
I can restore tomorrow and get a logcat if needed?

Auke11

Jan 2, 2011

Any way to permanently disable sweep2wake? Tried sys/androidtouch/sweep2wake to "0" and also the Sweep2Wake Disabler app. All works till reboot... Also other thing would be nice; binding softkeys to launch custom app. Flashed this yesterday and seems to be really fast and smooth. Came from CustoNexus 1.10 and been using it since the beginning.

Peace

Download trickster set it on boot with a delay of 30 sec.

shobi_1988

Jul 2, 2009

Volume button is not working while headphone is connected and press vol button fc another time ROM is restarted

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

totalnoob34

Well I never am a fan of kang philosophy...android linux etc have 1 fundamental rule...Share, and Improve !!!
If I make A feature or app and someone takes it a notch higher I would love it...
About Credits well I always believe its better left to the dev...if he he gives you great if he doesn't my learning, knowledge and happiness that someone uses something that I developed itself gives immense pleasure and satisfaction...Only when popularity and 'I should be best' or my 'rom best' attitude or 'credit thirst' comes up the 'Sharing' thought is polluted and Kang,Complaints etc are born...But thats my outlook...
When someone uses my work or even doesn't give me credit it doesn't make me smaller or him better...Its the way you look at it is what matters :)
Anyways back on topic...I know Flinny well...Synerge I guess the same...Absolutely follow the same philosophy as I do and won't ever complain...rather whatever I know if am stuck they would help in and even share constructive suggestions :)
Maybe thats why these devs have earned the respect among users which very few manage to do :)
Guess that answers your question well :)

Quote every single word, thats what is called community!

This ROM is amazing, goes into my hall of fame with PACman and Fallout :) Keep it up man! :fingers-crossed:

niravnn

Aug 12, 2011
Bardoli
OnePlus X
Transparent call-in screen

well I was curious about this rom coz it says "stable" and so far going very good
I was a huge fan of icecold sandwich so I'm looking forward to this
so moded phone.apk of it and now call in screen is transparent

commands are
adb remount
adb push Phone.apk /system/app/
adb reboot
done

Attachments

• Phone.apk
    2 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: ztolya and mexicorn

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
Volume button is not working while headphone is connected and press vol button fc another time ROM is restarted

Thats a serious bug...Is it same guys...I dont have a headphone...can someelse confirm too :)
I ll look into it shobi_1988 if its so will fix it in next release :)

well I was curious about this rom coz it says "stable" and so far going very good
I was a huge fan of icecold sandwich so I'm looking forward to this
so moded phone.apk of it and now call in screen is transparent

commands are
adb remount
adb push Phone.apk /system/app/
adb reboot
done

Am gonna pull this phone.apk into next release...Hope you dont mind :)

Finally guys overwhelmed by the response to both my rom and thought about rom sharing :)
Well I ll iron out bugs,,,Would chalk out most of ace stuff...try to see if can etch it a bit more smoother :p
Finally would be great if someone talented can create a bootanimation and wallpaper,,,Dark black preferred (Love Black :p)...
Thanx again to all users for the response...absolutely appreciate it :)

Last edited:

shobi_1988

Jul 2, 2009

1st u have to open any music player & then play music after playing song u just increase volume with hardware button continuously it will restart or rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay guys been playing with this idea for long...
    Guess everyone knows the legacy of IceColdSandwich...
    The stability the rom bought to IceCreamSandwich world...
    So continuing on the same path...
    Here's JB version of it...
    Should be dead stable...
    This rom is a mixture of CodeFireX and Flinny's AOSP...
    So they deserve complete credit :)
    I have just ported it over with right set of changes to make it super stable with features :)

Bugs :

* Camera features like HDR is WIP
    * Camera lag sometimes

Changelog :

* Based on CodeFireX SR15
    * Performance a notch better (Yes it is !!!) :)
    * BootAnimation changed to DNA
    * Also added a few more stuff here and there :)
    * For more details and features : Link

Quick Peek :

* Would be nice if someone could create a video and share few amazing snaps :)

Installation Instructions :

- Full wipe mandatory, If not coming from FireJellyBeanv1
    - Flash Rom
    - Flash linked Gapps
    - Optional
    a) Flash the awesome beats zip
    b) Fix Permissions (Recovery->Tools->Fix Permissions)
    - Reboot & Enjoy

Downloads :

Rom : Download
    Gapps : BaNkS Gapps
    Awesome Beats : Link

Credits :

* Synergye and Flinny for their Amazing base
    * BaNkS for Gapps
    * Niravnn for transparent phone.apk
    * ...AWESOME... for giving the permission to include awesome beats files :)
    * Kesh_33 for initial ports and allowing me to continue with this rom :)
    * All Devs who helped in some way or the other for JB development
    * Finally Xda and Desire S community for everything !!!

Final few words

* Well me being artistically challenged would be great if the talented and experts in Graphics can contribute with wallpapers, bootanimations, signatures, etc, Would be cool if someone can find time for it and create the stuffs :)
    * Next this being 1st version and super quick 1..is half baked and has too many ace references, But trust me by next release everything would be start to be slowly sorted out and give it a more professional look...Hopefully by then someone kind enough would have made a few wallpapers and bootanimation and stuff,
    * This rom will be updated when it doesn't affect the stability of overall rom and adds value to it and won't just be in sync with CodefireX or Flinny's AOSP. Thats always been my approach release only when am satisfied and prefer a less featured rom rather than unstable one :) I hope you guys understand and respect the philosophy.

Finally guys this has been possible b'cos of CodefireX and AOSP base so credit and donations should always go to their devs in the 1st place. Yet if someone feels I too should be donated have finally created a paypal account and the generous can always do. Whatever amount I get will be used for better development of this rom and future development and maybe get a standby cell so that can use my desire s for development without worrying about missing on calls & stuff :). Not a penny would be used for my personal stuff or expenditures. Even if you don't its absolutely fine as for me thanks and knowing my rom pleases the users gives me happiness beyond words :)
    Hi Guys no ports no upgrades :p
    Life seems boring...
    cant assure but november end once am doen with my exams...
    Would resurrect my phone and resume hardcore rom development on desire s :)
    Maybe finally have jellyfirebeanv3 up too ;) Some good ports :p
    Okay guys so this is what I have planned...
    Mostly in talks with ...Awesome... and if goes well Beats Audio will be present by default...
    Which should solve audio issues...Give a rich experience :)
    Apart from that rest seems good...
    Wifi and stuff seemed more config issues...
    So won't play with it...
    Will fix up stuff and see if I can ask flinny to pull up a new AOSP kernel too :)
    Thats the plan :)
    Okay guys a quick update...
    1st On JellyFireBean v3...well have it ready need to test it also there is a newer nightly present so as and well might just port it or stable version whatever comes this week...had planned to release it this weekend...but office is hectic had no time to breathe have been working 7 days and going to office again :p...I hope you guys understand and absolutely respect and thank you all for the patience :)...Now to just tease you guys a bit...on the fly dark ui has been integrated and now with just a click on toggle follwed by reboot should give u a dark ui...and when bored you can switch back to light one with another click on toggle :)..no more inverted gapps needed :p

Next on StrikeX...things havent moved much since my last release but seems v2 is quite stable and rock solid...pleased to know not much bugs in it...so maybe the best I ll do is separate a thread out...then might see what else can be added and take it from there :)

Thanx again guys for all the support and patience...Appreciate and Respect it :) :) :)
    Pkz vimpire36 adjust this kind of display problem which disturbing so many social apps plz and fc video recording is not working plz suggest any solution

This weekend will push a new build...
    Will check video recording fc problem...
    Just a bit busy thats it...
    But will try my best to push an update :)