FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][AOSPA4.2.2r1][p6800/p6810/i815](20130721a)ParanoidAndroid 3.68 New HALO fixed

1,633 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,351

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 9th February 2013, 12:41 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
10th February 2013, 11:12 AM |#21  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Re: [ROM][AOSPA 4.2.1][p6800/p6810/i815](10Feb2013)ParanoidAndroid 3.0beta1-Experimen
having this rom, who need sammy 4.2.1?

AUs

10th February 2013, 01:16 PM |#22  
Flag Hamburg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Re: [ROM][AOSPA 4.2.1][p6800/p6810/i815](10Feb2013)ParanoidAndroid 3.0beta1-Experimen
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

10/2/2013:My Tab fail to boot this morning, I think my bootloader is corrupted. Not even the Samsung logo and the battery icon while charging. I have to send it to the dealer for repairing...Hoping won't put an end to my works

With a corrupted bootloader you should still be able to enter Download Mode. If that also doesn't work you'll have a hard bricked tablet.

As long as you are able to connect via adb you're fine. I had to do this once, restore two broken partitions and re-flash the firmware (which wasn't possible before anymore).
10th February 2013, 02:21 PM |#23  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulikxp

With a corrupted bootloader you should still be able to enter Download Mode. If that also doesn't work you'll have a hard bricked tablet.

As long as you are able to connect via adb you're fine. I had to do this once, restore two broken partitions and re-flash the firmware (which wasn't possible before anymore).

Thanks for concern. I really appreciate.

I can't swith on the phone with the power button. No battery icon appear when I plug in the charger or USB cable. I don't think I can connect with adb. Anyway, I have plug in the USB cable and pressing the buttons in all combinations for a while. No respond yet. I'll wait for a while and retry. If I can connect adb, I think I may recover it.

Let me detail the incident, to see anyone else has other idea. It was quite weird.
I want to test the newly built recovery. I flash it with dd in the Tab's Terminal (which I have done lots of times).I found only a few percents left on battery so I connect it to the charger. After it was fully charded. I also copy a rom file from PC via wifi. Then I choose reset to recovery on the power button menu. After that the screen turn off and never boot again (not even the Samsung logo). I have tried many methods. Eventually, I open the back cover, I few warm. I disconnect the battery for a while and reconnect. Then I press the power button. It warm up slowly again. I think it has power on physically but somehow suck in somewhere..

Over ten minutes now, and I can't find a devices in adb , any more idea.

I'll try the JIG cable method later...I was electronic major. I got all the componet in hand. Looking for the pins to bump for p6800 now.

Thanks anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
10th February 2013, 03:14 PM |#24  
Flag Hamburg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

Over ten minutes now, and I can't find a devices in adb , any more idea.

I'll try the JIG cable method later...I was electronic major. I got all the componet in hand. Looking for the pins to bump for p6800 now.

Oh, that really sounds serious. So fingers crossed the JIG cable method is going to revive it!

I think you won't find the device via adb as long as you can't boot into download mode at least.

Chin up!
10th February 2013, 06:58 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Thanx a lot!!!!!
Thank you, man, for your great work!!!
I`m using 6(!) p6800 with Paranoid 2.55 daniel_hk release and i`m happy with your firmware.
May be it will be useful for all to post known issues of CM10.1 and changelog of your work?
Hope you will return soon with new releases
Known Issues
CM10.1 is in a primitive state, many features are still missing or don't work
bluetooth doesn't work
audio: dock audio doesn't work
hwcomposer: HDMI dongle doesn't work
wifi: won't connect to hidden ssids
wifi: will only connect to 5GHz networks when immediately adjacent to the router
i815: ambient light sensor doesn't work (no autobrightness)
i815: no IR-Blaster support (I have no intention of fixing this)
The Following User Says Thank You to Nuclear Blast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nuclear Blast Ad-Free
10th February 2013, 07:02 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
DanielHK Sorry to hear that...
Ive had mine fixed twice now...also now out of warrenty..
Can you let us know how much samsung HK wants for replace mother board?
Im just curious to know as mine was under warrenty...
You could ask them MGoy Pang Di La!!!
anyway hope you get it fixed and back to working on more cool Roms n Stuff..
Kung Hei Fat Choy...
10th February 2013, 09:32 PM |#27  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBR7

DanielHK Sorry to hear that...
Ive had mine fixed twice now...also now out of warrenty..
Can you let us know how much samsung HK wants for replace mother board?
Im just curious to know as mine was under warrenty...
You could ask them MGoy Pang Di La!!!
anyway hope you get it fixed and back to working on more cool Roms n Stuff..
Kung Hei Fat Choy...

I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot. You guys cheer me up!

xie xie!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
10th February 2013, 11:29 PM |#28  
Flag burlington, on
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Just flashed it and it is great thank you, that said I think all the people who own this tab and enjoy these custom Roms should join together to get this man a new 7.7 for all his efforts and also so he can continue the great work, anyone else interested in doing this ?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to golfinggino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift golfinggino Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 03:36 AM |#29  
Flag Spain
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinggino

Just flashed it and it is great thank you, that said I think all the people who own this tab and enjoy these custom Roms should join together to get this man a new 7.7 for all his efforts and also so he can continue the great work, anyone else interested in doing this ?

I absolutely agree, he is one of the few developers that continues giving support to our tablets, so let start donations.

Enviado desde mi HTC One X+ usando Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to caveman_78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift caveman_78 Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 05:39 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Donations
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinggino

Donation is a Good Idea!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ATking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ATking Ad-Free
11th February 2013, 07:47 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 310

More
the pa 3.0 beta is running very great on my 6810. yust tuned the ondemand upthreshold to 70.

overall impression. battery life seems to be good for this short impression. much more fluid and complete than the last 4.1.2 from locerra. . . nevertheless i hope he also will continue to spend some time here on the tabs 7.7?!

daniel: thank you very much!!!!!!! and great that you startet new threads.

send from my 6810. supported by 9100 and my linux desktops. brain in the head and GNU in the heart. community and sharing are freedom are open source.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i815, p6800, p6810, pa3
Previous Thread Next Thread