FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][P6800][OnHold]Ubuntu-touch dev preview(18.03.2013)

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

By dun1982, Member on 2nd March 2013, 01:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th March 2013, 11:35 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Doh... still not working... Any ideas anyone?

13th March 2013, 09:59 AM |#12  
OP Member

More
Ok, new version build from different repositories (thx, danile_hk for tip).

I'll test the new image this evening when I get back to home, and I have my fingers crossed that I can get the device to boot up and even display something useful. After that I can start looking for ubuntu developemnt
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dun1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dun1982 Ad-Free
13th March 2013, 09:17 PM |#13  
OP Member

More
New version did not work, but then Daniel_hk gave me working boot.img. So now I need to find out what the heck is wrong with my repository and fix it so that I can get working boot.img from start and also the device configuration has issues. Both repositories are currently out of sync I'm afraid
The Following User Says Thank You to dun1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dun1982 Ad-Free
13th March 2013, 10:02 PM |#14  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dun1982

New version did not work, but then Daniel_hk gave me working boot.img. So now I need to find out what the heck is wrong with my repository and fix it so that I can get working boot.img from start and also the device configuration has issues. Both repositories are currently out of sync I'm afraid

Also, without working wifi and display, the preview is basically unusable... Next steps should be these:
1. Get wifi drivers working.
2. Get display drivers working.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dun1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dun1982 Ad-Free
18th March 2013, 02:01 PM |#15  
OP Member

More
It seems that I hit the wall (again) with the mentioned big issues.

For now, I keep some sabbatical from Ubuntu Touch things (ie. I flashed ICS Austria to my device) and use it as my Kindle reader again.

If by miracle I get more info regarding how to get the Kernel working with Ubuntu Touch, then by allmeans I continue working with this project. So far it just seems that making a working image, is out of my hands currently.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dun1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dun1982 Ad-Free
18th March 2013, 04:01 PM |#16  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 15,927

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][P6800][OnHold]Ubuntu-touch dev preview(18.03.2013)
At least you had a go. Thanks for your efforts, and hope you might have another crack at it later on.

I'm feeling a little bit that way right now too, and put my ICS kernel on the back burner. I think I'm trying to multitask a little too much at times....

Yep, a break is what you need, maybe some clarity will come after you've had a chance to recharge.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UpInTheAir Ad-Free
21st March 2013, 12:43 PM |#17  
Flag Ipoh
Thanks Meter: 19

More
It's very nice to see you took up the big responsibility to make this superb device to be usable again! it has great specs, really. KUDOS bro!!
22nd August 2013, 10:02 AM |#18  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Any update on this development?
The Following User Says Thank You to ZhenMing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZhenMing Ad-Free
28th August 2013, 12:27 PM |#19  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhenMing

Any update on this development?

Not much, I have had no interest to spend time with this topic because I have been very busy IRL. After I get my new house renovated fully and get my job tasks done, I wont be spending much time with this project. Feel free to use any sources provided in this thread to further advance the subject.

But this wont go forward that much, if the GT-P6800 wont get official CM10.1 update...
The Following User Says Thank You to dun1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dun1982 Ad-Free
30th January 2016, 01:57 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It works?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)