FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.4.4r2]p6800/p6810/i815](30Dect2014)OmniROM4.4.4-HOMEMAKE

1,633 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,351
 
By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 20th November 2013, 08:34 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
21st November 2013, 09:22 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillzx

last night i tried installing CM11 , but my tab always say "no sim card detected" , so, is the simcard issue will be fixed in this omni rom?

Strange, I didn't get that error? Works fine on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

It is a AOSP base rom. For details, visit the Omni team's page : http://omnirom.org/

I guess I was wondering if one was better than other in some way? Is there an advantage to one over the other? Though I have to say that CM11 is working fantastically well.
 
 
21st November 2013, 11:15 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm getting the same error as well. It says no sim card. I can make phone calls but no cellular data
22nd November 2013, 02:45 AM |#13  
Mike02z's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Holland, PA/Lake Ariel, PA
Thanks Meter: 678
 
More
I cannot get mobile data working on an i815. Says "No Service". I checked my mobile network settings and they look right. I went back to 4.2.2 and have LTE again. Tried this and CM11 and both have same issue. Clean flash both times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike02z Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 10:47 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 310
 
More
Can someone report for a 6810 wifi only, if the cm11 or this variant performance better. Speed, fcs, battery?
Did some tried both?

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda app-developers app
23rd November 2013, 07:02 AM |#15  
el_campi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ll1m

Are you a man or a machine?

Great work as usual!

+1.
23rd November 2013, 11:02 PM |#16  
63holdenolden's Avatar
Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekrazy

I'm getting the same error as well. It says no sim card. I can make phone calls but no cellular data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z

I cannot get mobile data working on an i815. Says "No Service". I checked my mobile network settings and they look right. I went back to 4.2.2 and have LTE again. Tried this and CM11 and both have same issue. Clean flash both times.

Same issue here , Otherwise lovely rom could be my daily driver if not for this small problem
24th November 2013, 02:12 AM |#17  
Member
Flag Chiang Mai
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Thank you very much Daniel_hk for your effort and sharing.
24th November 2013, 07:43 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z

I cannot get mobile data working on an i815. Says "No Service". I checked my mobile network settings and they look right. I went back to 4.2.2 and have LTE again. Tried this and CM11 and both have same issue. Clean flash both times.

same issue here, but I can't go back to 4.2.2 (such as PAC-Man ROM 4.2 Milestone1 release) with the newest TWRP, it displayed "P6800 || getprop("ro.build.product") error ececuting updater binary in zip......" and something like that.

P.S. about the mobile data, I found there is no APN profile in the system, so absolutely no data connection here as well, and I tried to create a new APN roles manually but it can't be saved when I finished, same issue has appeared in the previously version so I think may be there is something wrong with the file permission or else.
24th November 2013, 09:29 AM |#19  
daniel_hk's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,351
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong0

same issue here, but I can't go back to 4.2.2 (such as PAC-Man ROM 4.2 Milestone1 release) with the newest TWRP, it displayed "P6800 || getprop("ro.build.product") error ececuting updater binary in zip......" and something like that.

P.S. about the mobile data, I found there is no APN profile in the system, so absolutely no data connection here as well, and I tried to create a new APN roles manually but it can't be saved when I finished, same issue has appeared in the previously version so I think may be there is something wrong with the file permission or else.

I have your answer. The twrp recovery source requires 4.4 to compile. The old update-binary is no longer supported.

In the mean time, you may following my other post to change the update-binary of you old ROMs and gapps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532300

This one is backward compatible. You can flash the updated zip in old recoveries too.

We are in the transition period. Things will get better soon...

PS. Even though I'm stuck, sim card issue is the top priority...
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
24th November 2013, 10:10 AM |#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

I have your answer. The twrp recovery source requires 4.4 to compile. The old update-binary is no longer supported.

In the mean time, you may following my other post to change the update-binary of you old ROMs and gapps.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post47580997

This one is backward compatible. You can flash the updated zip in old recoveries too.

We are in the transition period. Things will get better soon...

PS. Even though I'm stuck, sim card issue is the top priority...

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately the link you posted doesn't work now, I have re-flash the recovery to CWM and it can work properly. Hope we can have a stable version of Android 4.4 soon with your kindly help!
24th November 2013, 11:42 AM |#21  
daniel_hk's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,351
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong0

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately the link you posted doesn't work now, I have re-flash the recovery to CWM and it can work properly. Hope we can have a stable version of Android 4.4 soon with your kindly help!

Sorry guys...

It has been a long week and I don't have enough sleep. I post the wrong link...
this is the right one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532300

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, galaxytab7.7, kitkat, omnirom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes