FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]Development for GalaxyTab 7.7 and Plus. How hard could it be?

1,630 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,309

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 1st January 2014, 06:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th May 2014, 12:59 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I made up to now the most progress with Ubuntu 13.04 64bit version building the cm 10.1 version.

With Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.10, I have been stopped much earlier than on 13.04.

Now I encountered the error below when running build-k p6800:

target thumb C++: libstagefright <= frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:53:24: fatal error: sec_format.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/lgeng/android/rom/out/target/product/p6800/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_intermediates/ACodec.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I downloaded the folder that contains the sec_format.h file from https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/crespo/. But It is not clear to me where to place the folder.

Thanks.

11th May 2014, 08:33 AM |#12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11nn93n9

I made up to now the most progress with Ubuntu 13.04 64bit version building the cm 10.1 version.

With Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.10, I have been stopped much earlier than on 13.04.

Now I encountered the error below when running build-k p6800:

target thumb C++: libstagefright <= frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp
frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/ACodec.cpp:53:24: fatal error: sec_format.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [/home/lgeng/android/rom/out/target/product/p6800/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libstagefright_intermediates/ACodec.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I downloaded the folder that contains the sec_format.h file from https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/crespo/. But It is not clear to me where to place the folder.

Thanks.

Not much I can tell. You have to provide the manifest.xml and local_manifest.xml if exist. And device tree changes if exist.

1. build-k is for kernel building only. frameworks_av seems not relevant.

2. crespo is another device. Not the right way to get missing file there.

3. With proper settings and manifest, Ubuntu 12.04 to 13.10 (which I'm using) have no apparent different for building.

If you are building cm-10.1, it is mature. No way there is missing file.
With no other info., I guest there is something wrong with your manifest or device tree. Mixing version projects, wrong flags in device tree, etc.

You might need more reading on what is device tree and manifest first.

Good luck!
10th June 2014, 02:29 PM |#13  
Flag Tabor
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Hi,
can you help me with integrating device to manifest.xml? I think there's the problem because everything runs fine until I write luch cm_p6200-userdebug, becuase it shows me that the device isn't found and in /android/rom/device, there isn't any folder called /samsung/p6200. I did everything by the guide, I only changed the local_manifest device info to p6200, because I own it. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04. Thanks for your help.
10th June 2014, 02:39 PM |#14  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom411

Hi,
can you help me with integrating device to manifest.xml? I think there's the problem because everything runs fine until I write luch cm_p6200-userdebug, becuase it shows me that the device isn't found and in /android/rom/device, there isn't any folder called /samsung/p6200. I did everything by the guide, I only changed the local_manifest device info to p6200, because I own it. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04. Thanks for your help.

Not much details. next time provide detail. At least, send me your local_manifest.xml. It is definitely the source of your problem. You haven't tell which cm you built too.
I don't know what's wrong because I can't see anything in your side.
But I can tell you that device tree of p6200 didn't download. Check the typings of your local_manifest.xml. It should match the one in github.

Good luck!

TO ANYONE, YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE DETAILS. OTHERWISE, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP!
I really don't have time to guess. You have to forgive me if I ignor your post.

From Nexus 7 上的 Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 05:04 PM |#15  
Flag Tabor
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Okay, sorry for it, I didn't know you need it. I want to build a Cm-11. I looked at my local_manifest and I think it's correct. Here is it
Attached Files
File Type: zip local_manifest.zip - [Click for QR Code] (416 Bytes, 30 views)
5th July 2014, 10:58 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
edify question for our 815's
Taken from one of your script's

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p9", "/system");

Installing a .txt into sdcard0/data through .zip in recovery.
I used linux command to find paths for each of the memblocks - but didnt know which path, partition, I am looking for here. /system /userdata etc UHHHH
so to mount to the "sdcard0 /data"directory to install a plain .txt file would be ???

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "??????????????", "/data");

also can I call "/data" anything - like "/datadog" - since this is just a reference to a mount point and is temporary?

One other quicky
First I found this in an edify tutorial -
"/system partition is automatically mounted. this command is needed when you need to mount another partition beside /system or in any condition when recovery mode failed to mount your system partition. the system's location is /dev/stl9, cache /dev/stl10, and data /dev/stl11 (all partition type commonly rfs, will be differ if you have custom kernel or rom)."

since this is a custom rom does /system still auto mount - meaning in ref to to your code above - was it unnecessary but probably good practice or because this is a custom rom there are changes that move the location for /system. I noticed that " the system's location is /dev/stl9, cache /dev/stl10, and data /dev/stl11" was not in the memblock paths??

Start my intro to kernels tomorrow - Oh boy

Off subject - I knew Brazil - tough break with the injury though. Next wins - Argentina and Costa(CoastBaby)!! Going to bed now 6:00 AM WHAT.
5th July 2014, 11:41 AM |#17  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.col.johncross

Taken from one of your script's

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p9", "/system");

Installing a .txt into sdcard0/data through .zip in recovery.
I used linux command to find paths for each of the memblocks - but didnt know which path, partition, I am looking for here. /system /userdata etc UHHHH
so to mount to the "sdcard0 /data"directory to install a plain .txt file would be ???

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "??????????????", "/data");

also can I call "/data" anything - like "/datadog" - since this is just a reference to a mount point and is temporary?

One other quicky
First I found this in an edify tutorial -
"/system partition is automatically mounted. this command is needed when you need to mount another partition beside /system or in any condition when recovery mode failed to mount your system partition. the system's location is /dev/stl9, cache /dev/stl10, and data /dev/stl11 (all partition type commonly rfs, will be differ if you have custom kernel or rom)."

since this is a custom rom does /system still auto mount - meaning in ref to to your code above - was it unnecessary but probably good practice or because this is a custom rom there are changes that move the location for /system. I noticed that " the system's location is /dev/stl9, cache /dev/stl10, and data /dev/stl11" was not in the memblock paths??

Start my intro to kernels tomorrow - Oh boy

Off subject - I knew Brazil - tough break with the injury though. Next wins - Argentina and Costa(CoastBaby)!! Going to bed now 6:00 AM WHAT.

I don't know what's your objective.

Some points to note:
1. command in updater-script use the function defined in updater-binary. Which are not necessarily a Linux executable command. These commands only valid in the updater-script.

2. You can only mount to an existing directory (mount point) which has not been mounted before. The mount command in Linux is a shell command which is executed by /bin/bash.

3. /system is mount by init following the sequence in .rc files. In recovery, a program is running to provide the interface for I/O. It doesn't require /system partition.

4. No matter which rom (stock or custom), the content of /dev are defined in kernel. Partitions info. is read from the PIT (partition info. table). Kernel will initialize the device at boot accordingly. They are similar to a harddisk partition.

5. our tab has emulated int. sdcard. It is part of the /data, at /data/media.

Hope these might help
6th July 2014, 05:41 AM |#18  

More
earlier question simplified
My problem is with the mount command in a zip file to be used on our Carbon ROM partitions.

My goal is to make 4 different .zip files that can be installed with the recovery software. Each zip places one (the same) simple.txt file into a different folder then the previous zip did.

After I install the 4 zips I should be able to use my file manager app to view the simple.txt in each of the following folders

/sdcard0/data so the ????????? in => mount("ext4", "EMMC", "????????????", "/NAMEOFMOUNT"); would be ==>
/sdcard0/Download so the ????????? in => mount("ext4", "EMMC", "????????????", "/NAMEOFMOUNT"); would be ==>
/Root/data so the ????????? in => mount("ext4", "EMMC", "????????????", "/NAMEOFMOUNT"); would be ==>
/Root/system so the ????????? in => mount("ext4", "EMMC", "????????????", "/NAMEOFMOUNT"); would be ==>

This should give me what i need to fill in what I am missing on understanding this.

Thanks - I hope that this understandable

Off subject - Argentina taken care of biz - Costa is dead to me - Next winners Argentina and Germany
15th July 2014, 01:31 AM |#19  

More
Just about there
6GB with intel I5 -1TB- is now setup as a dual boot with Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.4. All the packages are installed etc.

My linux flavor is ARCH or Manjaro (arch based) - Not a big fan of unity, but since I did not want any pitfalls for support reasons I will use Ubuntu for now.

I now have a descent grasp on GIT and repo, as well as installing cyanogen on one supported device. It would appear that to install on our device any of the custom roms I would just need to provide a local manifest with the proper projects.

I am a little fuzzy on a few things but I think if you could please post two (i815's) local manifest's for two of our newer kitkat roms say Omni & Slim I should be able to figure out my answers or at least narrow down my misunderstandings to exact questions.
Thanks

All Hail GERMANY - - that final game was a real snooze fest.
15th July 2014, 02:24 AM |#20  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

I don't know what's your objective.

Some points to note:
1. command in updater-script use the function defined in updater-binary. Which are not necessarily a Linux executable command. These commands only valid in the updater-script.

2. You can only mount to an existing directory (mount point) which has not been mounted before. The mount command in Linux is a shell command which is executed by /bin/bash.

3. /system is mount by init following the sequence in .rc files. In recovery, a program is running to provide the interface for I/O. It doesn't require /system partition.

4. No matter which rom (stock or custom), the content of /dev are defined in kernel. Partitions info. is read from the PIT (partition info. table). Kernel will initialize the device at boot accordingly. They are similar to a harddisk partition.

5. our tab has emulated int. sdcard. It is part of the /data, at /data/media.

Hope these might help

I'm going to see my mom for 2 days. I'll see if anything missing when return.
19th July 2014, 04:16 AM |#21  

More
understanding the local manifest
So this part is to utilize bluetooth on our tabs...
{
<remote fetch="https://code.google.com/p/" name="gcode"/>
<remote fetch="git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/" name="korg"/>
<remove-project name="android_external_bluetooth_bluedroid"/>
<project name="bluez" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/bluez" remote="korg"/>
<project name="sbc" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/sbc" remote="korg"/>
<project name="aosp-bluez.glib" revision="master" group="pdk" path="external/bluetooth/glib" remote="gcode"/>
<project name="aosp-bluez.device-lge-mako" revision="kitkat" group="device,mako" path="device/lge/mako" remote="gcode"/>
}

This fixes our wireless...
{
<remove-project name="android_external_wpa_supplicant_8"/>
<project name="danielhk/android_external_wpa_supplicant_8_ath" revision="cm-11.0" path="external/wpa_supplicant_8_ath" remote="github"
groups="pdk"/>
}

This supplies drivers for tab specific hardware - camera -video -sound etc...
{
<project name="android_hardware_samsung" revision="android-4.4" path="hardware/samsung" remote="omnirom"/>
}

This supplies modem info...
{
<project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode"/></manifest>
}

do I have this correct?? YES/NO

If so, then I should now be able to sync with all three of these roms and build a nightly?? YES/NO
If I venture into a different 4.4 rom then it looks like the following line would be the real change (suited to their repository)
<project name="android_hardware_samsung" revision="android-4.4" path="hardware/samsung" remote="omnirom"/> ?YES/NO

Thanks -
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
build guide, galaxytab 7.7, galaxytab plus, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)