Thanks Meter: 5,309

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 1st March 2014, 12:00 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
3rd March 2014, 12:43 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinggino

Playstore keeps crashing and Bluetooth still not working just went back to omni ROM for now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

To be fair to danielhk, provide more information. What model tab do you have (wifi/3G/US), and did you full wipe? I did a full wipe and not having any playstore crashing. Bluetooth works except for phone calls :sad:

3rd March 2014, 01:07 AM |#12  
Flag burlington, on
Thanks Meter: 141

More
P6800 and yes I did a full wipe, I know Daniel will fix everything he always does !! But went back to omni ROM for now

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app
2nd April 2014, 07:27 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
no mic on keyboard
1. Looked in language and input under settings and chose the android keyboard - no voice typing option available.
2. Installed Google voice search per internet search - still no voice typing option under keyboard settings.
3. Installed Google keyboard and no option there for voice typing either.
4 Tried Google search - small window opened said go to wiki - browser opened and it went to wiki.
5. So still no mic on keyboard.
6. Tried holding down settings button to see if another choice would appear for a mic - not.
7. My understanding is the Voice typing option would need to be selected first - but I have no Voice typing option so I am lost.

Usually this would be something I could solve with some surfing but I can't so I was wondering if this ROM could be the reason?
If not could anybody help solve this it would be great!
2nd April 2014, 07:39 AM |#14  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.col.johncross

1. Looked in language and input under settings and chose the android keyboard - no voice typing option available.
2. Installed Google voice search per internet search - still no voice typing option under keyboard settings.
3. Installed Google keyboard and no option there for voice typing either.
4 Tried Google search - small window opened said go to wiki - browser opened and it went to wiki.
5. So still no mic on keyboard.
6. Tried holding down settings button to see if another choice would appear for a mic - not.
7. My understanding is the Voice typing option would need to be selected first - but I have no Voice typing option so I am lost.

Usually this would be something I could solve with some surfing but I can't so I was wondering if this ROM could be the reason?
If not could anybody help solve this it would be great!

Just check my new slim build. Voice search and input is ok. I'll try to relase the new slim this weekend.

Make sure wifi is connected. Voice input requires to connect togoogle server.
If nothing helps, you may try a factory rest. Some data might be corrupted.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
2nd April 2014, 07:10 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

Just check my new slim build. Voice search and input is ok. I'll try to relase the new slim this weekend.

Good luck!

WiFi not an issue - voice search and all other WiFi functions are great - just no option for Google voice typing in settings which of course contributes to the mic on the keyboard not being there.
Did a fact restore and no change also reloaded ROM and gapps. No matter what I can't get Google voice typing to show under language and input settings. Loaded your omni ROM and it is working without a hitch. Thanks for all your efforts
5th April 2014, 08:46 AM |#16  

More
about update
sch i815

1. Installed newest slimkat - Nice to see a clean rotation with no applications getting all distorted. Did wipes of course.
2. Been using dolphin Browser for Flash Videos with your other twokit kat roms with no problems. Is slim missing what it takes to use flash. CM handles it nicely.
3. Dolphin in newest slim - The address bar at the top goes all funky in standard view but the browser works fine in full screen.
4. This should be easily replicated.
5. Reloaded it twice with minimal gapps to test if it was a bad download.
6. I would think it was either the slim source update or a change made in the video driver.
7. Any suggestions?
8. Also should we be able to use mobile odin pro? I can't!

Will this video fix work for other two tabs - I have to say cm is the most stable for the apps I am running

How much is reasonable and could you give a location to mail to so I could check the postage. Saw one on eBay here in the USA for 50 american. I would spring for the tab but need to see the postage. I owe you that at least for what you do for all us sch i815's
The Following User Says Thank You to Lt.col.johncross For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lt.col.johncross Ad-Free
6th April 2014, 02:30 AM |#17  
Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

Good luck!

Thanks for the great ROM.
Sharing the following observations:
1. Bluetooth works with new era, PS 210 BTNC (Phiaton), Jambox, and jambox mini.
2. This ROM will read/write to exfat formatted 64gb SDCard.
3. MX Player Pro works for video playback.
4. Voice input is working for me as well. Had a few problems initially as I did not have voice search installed.

This appears to be a very good daily ROM. Excellent work Daniel - thank you very much. Will report if I have any issues but it takes a few days to set the P6800 up. Daniel thanks again for all the great work you do for us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColBill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ColBill Ad-Free
6th April 2014, 05:53 AM |#18  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 540

More
Agree, great ROM
Have Media Scaner battery suck only...
Video works with Dice Player as well.
WiFi tethering starts, should work think.
Camera in my case doesn't work, but I use another camera app and it is work.
One time during file copy to SD card SD card stop rrsponce, need to reboot.
Thank you Daniel :+)
The Following User Says Thank You to eseregin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eseregin Ad-Free
6th April 2014, 07:29 AM |#19  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.col.johncross

sch i815

1. Installed newest slimkat - Nice to see a clean rotation with no applications getting all distorted. Did wipes of course.
2. Been using dolphin Browser for Flash Videos with your other twokit kat roms with no problems. Is slim missing what it takes to use flash. CM handles it nicely.
3. Dolphin in newest slim - The address bar at the top goes all funky in standard view but the browser works fine in full screen.
4. This should be easily replicated.
5. Reloaded it twice with minimal gapps to test if it was a bad download.
6. I would think it was either the slim source update or a change made in the video driver.
7. Any suggestions?
8. Also should we be able to use mobile odin pro? I can't!

Will this video fix work for other two tabs - I have to say cm is the most stable for the apps I am running

How much is reasonable and could you give a location to mail to so I could check the postage. Saw one on eBay here in the USA for 50 american. I would spring for the tab but need to see the postage. I owe you that at least for what you do for all us sch i815's

US$50 is OK for me. I have bid a few but no luck yet. Some charge too much for international shipping. Air parcel to HK is around $15 which is reasonable.
It is not practical for me to return too. Therefore I have to make sure it work before shipping. Mike agree to help but I haven't got one yet.
If anyone have a deal, I can pay with paypal.
Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
6th April 2014, 12:02 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 454

More
Just wanted to thank you Daniel for the Rom. My first try of a custom Rom on my p6810.

After first boot I had a calendar storage crashing issue, but after one reboot that was fixed. The built-in camera app doesn't work, but 3rd party camera's work fine, so not sure why it's not working, but I simply get no preview image.

But very impressed with it. I was on Bolivas Rom before. Not sure if hdmi is working on the Rom, will test later.
6th April 2014, 01:26 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 454

More
Root access doesn't seem to be in the new Rom. Is there a quick way to add it via clockwork mod? Something I can flash?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread