Does anyone know of a stylus like the THINKPAD ONE?

Search This thread

javip

Dec 3, 2009
does anyone know of a capacitance stylus like the one found on the ibm thinkpad?

i prefer this one more than using a fat round ball tip one like the ones found at bestbuy and on pogo stylus'.

and before anyone points out the obvious - this stylus is not capacitance; it is wacoms proprietary technology. the ibm thinkpad uses both capacitance and wacom as it's touch driver.

genobi

Dec 20, 2010
Maybe the oStylus?

I have a big rubber tipped stylus and a ten one spongy tipped stylus, and I'm not happy with either. I would like to try the ostylus. Engadget said the biggest flaw is you have to be pretty accurate with the 'o', but if you drawing or something, it may be better than a sponge.

Engadget Review: engadget.com/2010/10/01/ostylus-capacitive-pen-review/

If anyone has one, I'd love to hear what you thought of it on a tablet.

As for trying to get a more pen like one, the wacom one is not the best, but it may be the best compromise. I suppose the hardest part is to get the amount of capacitance needed within the rubber or close enough to the screen for it to work.

Wacom stylus: engadget.com/2011/04/18/wacom-announces-capacitive-stylus-to-replace-puny-human-fingers/

rj101

Dec 27, 2010
I've got the Bestbuy Rocketfish spongy ball stylus. It works a little better than your fingers, but not much. I'd love to find something more precise. The website says it works on all touch screens, so don't see why it would not work on a TP.

mattmartin77

Oct 15, 2010
Massachusetts
i heard you can make a stylus by putting some thermally conductive glue on the end of a stylus, like the glue used as a heatsync gel thing on cpu's and the such. I think you can get the heatsync at radioshack.