should i buy an L or M ?(m is 100$cheaper)

Search This thread

paper13579

Oct 11, 2013
dublin
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro (Redmi K30 Pro)
Well zeyad, in my opinion, i think that both phones are just as good as each other. Since the xperia m recently got a firmware update to 4.3, it has just been fantastic. If you look at it in terms of development, both phones are in the low activity section, i dont know why, but it just seems that way. So i would personally recommend the xperia m as it is 100$ cheaper, with no difference to the xperia l (except screen size and camera i think), and you definitely get value for your money.

Hope this helped:D

Sent from my C2005 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: zeyad xu

zeyad xu

Oct 29, 2013
New York
Well zeyad, in my opinion, i think that both phones are just as good as each other. Since the xperia m recently got a firmware update to 4.3, it has just been fantastic. If you look at it in terms of development, both phones are in the low activity section, i dont know why, but it just seems that way. So i would personally recommend the xperia m as it is 100$ cheaper, with no difference to the xperia l (except screen size and camera i think), and you definitely get value for your money.

i bought the z1 compact anyway ..
april fools:
i will try as much as i can to get the L since it has a bigger screen and a faster chipset and a bigger storage and a better camera
the m here is 280$
the l here is 350$
so much overpriced the two of them

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
the m's chipset is MSM8227
the l's chipset is MSM8230
see

Have you looked full specs of these chipsets? The difference between the two is that the MSM8230 from Xperia L support camera modules with higher MP and has 1080p encoding (needed because of the better 8MP camera with 1080p recording that Xperia L got). But if you look at the detailed GPU and CPU specs, the speeds are the same as Xperia M. Yes, the MSM8230 has models clocked higher at 1.2GHz, but this isn't the case for Xperia L, clocked at 1GHz...

zeyad xu

Oct 29, 2013
New York
Have you looked full specs of these chipsets? The difference between the two is that the MSM8230 from Xperia L support camera modules with higher MP and has 1080p encoding (needed because of the better 8MP camera with 1080p recording that Xperia L got). But if you look at the detailed GPU and CPU specs, the speeds are the same as Xperia M. Yes, the MSM8230 has models clocked higher at 1.2GHz, but this isn't the case for Xperia L, clocked at 1GHz...

anyway
i will get an l
i will save money to buy it :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: mbc07

SK:)

Nov 4, 2013
Madurai
If you really have money to buy xperia l, i suggest you, try to get a used Xperia sp in good condition, check its specs and also development in xda.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

zeyad xu

Oct 29, 2013
New York
If you really have money to buy xperia l, i suggest you, try to get a used Xperia sp in good condition, check its specs and also development in xda.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

the sp is expensive in my country due to taxes
it's price is 500$
the l is 350$
the p is 400$
the m is 280$

drjerk

Jan 4, 2013
i have only one sim
and idk
i am confused
the m or l
the l is bigger
and my hand is giant
and the m has a little storage 1.4 gb for photos and music and games data wtf sony

for more space you can try rooting and use link2sd to move app and games, ex : kingoroot,vroot,etc

i suggest u try first M or L on the shop to type message which one u feel comfort

and read the opinion from gsmarena.com. i always read opinion on that site before i buy the phone

zeyad xu

Oct 29, 2013
New York
for more space you can try rooting and use link2sd to move app and games, ex : kingoroot,vroot,etc

i suggest u try first M or L on the shop to type message which one u feel comfort

and read the opinion from gsmarena.com. i always read opinion on that site before i buy the phone

thanks bud
i can't root w/o unlocking bootloader on m on 4.3
and the m is 100$ cheaper
i will think :good::highfive::fingers-crossed:

Warst675

May 24, 2012
Cingoli
and the storage on the m ???

The internal storage in the M is limited to circa 1,5 gb but, if you don't play games, it's a long way to fill 1,5 gb with applications data!
You'll store all the documents, backups and media files in the external SD card, which you can also use for memory swap or link2SD if you are really memory hungry :)

rizla2

Jul 2, 2013
The internal storage in the M is limited to circa 1,5 gb but, if you don't play games, it's a long way to fill 1,5 gb with applications data!
You'll store all the documents, backups and media files in the external SD card, which you can also use for memory swap or link2SD if you are really memory hungry :)

TBH, after you remove that bloatware that you get with the update you will have about 1.8gb free.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i will try as much as i can to get the L since it has a bigger screen and a faster chipset and a bigger storage and a better camera

Xperia L really have a bigger screen, bigger storage and better camera, but the chipset isn't faster. Same GPU (Adreno 305) and same CPU (dual-core Krait running at 1GHz)...
    the m's chipset is MSM8227
    the l's chipset is MSM8230
    see

anyway
    i will get an l
    i will save money to buy it :fingers-crossed:
    i have only one sim
    and idk
    i am confused
    the m or l
    the l is bigger
    and my hand is giant
    and the m has a little storage 1.4 gb for photos and music and games data wtf sony