[Q] Cubot X6 Support

Search This thread

gaussrifle97

Apr 23, 2014
Hi, I was just wondering if the Cubot X6 has any rom support. I like the look of Cyanogenmod but this device isn't on there anywhere. It's only been out a month so that's understandable. It's running the MTK6592 Octa Core processor.

Also, is the cyanogenmod installer app safe to use?

Thanks

palotex

Jul 10, 2007
cubot x6 rom/recovery

Hi,
my cubot x6 arrived today, i can root with framaroot.
and now i want to install a recovery (CW/TWRP) and custom roms....
any ideas where is the thread or forum?

lord101

Aug 31, 2013
Cubot X6

Hi, my wife and I have 2 new Cubot X6 octicore mobiles.

We have a couple of issues and wondered if anyone has experienced the same.

Firstly when we take photos it will not generate thumbnails,thus making it impossible to send photos to people, but then again it will do it properly sometimes.

Secondly Facebook is a problem, log in and you go to Facebook no probe, click on anything to either look at photos or leave a message it stops and goes back to a phone screen.

Thirdly gmail keeps crashing, screen message says its stopped responding.

We have asked ChinaPadMall where we bought them from,and their response was to factory reset. So we did it on both phones and its still the same.

We have asked Cubot ( no response ), ChinaPadMall ( factory reset ).

So here we are, third time lucky, has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Thanks for reading.

Mark and Debbie

yetiindom

Jun 6, 2014
cubot x6 fb issue

The newest fb app does not work on cubot,it crashes all the time,you have to download an
Older version of this app,it worked by me.you can try to download also an older version of the
Other apps that doesnt work,maybe it help too.gr

bigpappapuff

Aug 19, 2008
Gun City
Any tips on doing that? I have a ROM link but everything is in Chines, including the flash tool.
needrom.com has custom roms im running miui 4.6.13

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Hi, my wife and I have 2 new Cubot X6 octicore mobiles.

We have a couple of issues and wondered if anyone has experienced the same.

Firstly when we take photos it will not generate thumbnails,thus making it impossible to send photos to people, but then again it will do it properly sometimes.

Secondly Facebook is a problem, log in and you go to Facebook no probe, click on anything to either look at photos or leave a message it stops and goes back to a phone screen.

Thirdly gmail keeps crashing, screen message says its stopped responding.

We have asked ChinaPadMall where we bought them from,and their response was to factory reset. So we did it on both phones and its still the same.

We have asked Cubot ( no response ), ChinaPadMall ( factory reset ).

So here we are, third time lucky, has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Thanks for reading.

Mark and Debbie
is your rooted with framaroot?

SomeOneX

May 13, 2012
Boost the Cubot X6

I think the Cubot X6 has two big problems:

1. You have only 1 GB RAM
2. You can only use 1,4 GB internal memory for the apps

The first problem is easy to solve. You can use the Roehsoft RAM Expander to create a swap file. Therefore you can increase the RAM up to 4 GB. It works very well! :good:

The second problem is more difficult. I tried to install Link2SD, but I always get the error message: "Link2SD invalid package". Maybe the Cubot X6 (official Rom 1.0) is not compatible with the current Link2SD version??? I don't know.

Then I look in the following vold.fstab file

PHP:
## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab 
## - San Mehat (san@android.com) 
##  

####################### 
## Regular device mount 
## 
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>  
## label        - Label for the volume 
## mount_point  - Where the volume will be mounted 
## part         - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition. 
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices 
###################### 

## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream 
# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device 
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host 
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host 
## Example of a dual card setup 
# dev_mount left_sdcard  /mnt/sdcard1  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0 
# dev_mount right_sdcard /mnt/sdcard2  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.2/mmc_host/mmc2 

## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts 
# dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1 
dev_mount usbotg /mnt/usbotg auto /devices/platform/mt_usb

and tried to modify it.But I failed again. :(

Maybe someone has a better solution to solve the second problem.

(Excuse my bad english)

SomeOneX

May 13, 2012
The 1.0 Rom is good, but it doesn't solves all problems.

By the way, I installed Link2SD 3.5.1 and it works!!! Perfect!

Gesendet von meinem CUBOT X6 mit Tapatalk

smokiedawson

Jun 16, 2013
Keyboard calibration problems

Hi, is anyone else having problems with the keyboard? I installed the latest 1.0 ROM, hoping it would fix but no it didn't. Problem is it seems the keys are not calibrated properly with what is displayed on the screen. Seem to have to hit the top part of letters out anything on the keyboard for it to register the correct key, example I might hit ? But I will get a . this is really annoying add I spend more time fixing errors than inputting. Couple of questions, is there any way to recalibrate the screen?
Would installing muii room solve the issue - noticed someone on here is using it.
Have also tried swiftkey etc, but doesn't help.
Really hippie someone can help add it's so annoying not to be able to type properly.

smokiedawson

Jun 16, 2013
Hi, is anyone else having problems with the keyboard? I installed the latest 1.0 ROM, hoping it would fix but no it didn't. Problem is it seems the keys are not calibrated properly with what is displayed on the screen. Seem to have to hit the top part of letters out anything on the keyboard for it to register the correct key, example I might hit ? But I will get a . this is really annoying add I spend more time fixing errors than inputting. Couple of questions, is there any way to recalibrate the screen?
Would installing muii room solve the issue - noticed someone on here is using it.
Really hippie someone can help add it's so annoying not to be able to type properly.

Hi, i had the same problem, really annoying. I tried swiftkey etc also, and none helped.
however I did install the google keyboard from the playstore, and made it default in preferences, and it seems a lot better.
hopefully this helps you.

Reactions: Beetle_71

Neptune23

Jan 14, 2013
Hi, i had the same problem, really annoying. I tried swiftkey etc also, and none helped.
however I did install the google keyboard from the playstore, and made it default in preferences, and it seems a lot better.

Dear smokiedawson,
here you can find infos about re-calibration of your device

Android-Hilfe Thread German/English

Video

Hope this works for you.

P.S. If you have only removed the white sticker from your screen-protection you may have now 2 protective films on your display.
This happened to me. I only removed the white sticker and ended up with 2 films on the display. After removing the protection from the real display protection film my screen reacts normal.

DaRealHousecat

Oct 21, 2014
Root X6 running Stock Android 4.4.2

Hello,
I just got my X6 and trying to root I have had no luck so far.
Framaroot all exploits failed and towelroot X6 is not supported.
Does anybody know how to root when running stock 4.4.2?
Hope somebody knows more than I do. Didn't find anything so far
Thanks for any answers

Dave

smokiedawson

Jun 16, 2013
Hello,
I just got my X6 and trying to root I have had no luck so far.
Framaroot all exploits failed and towelroot X6 is not supported.
Does anybody know how to root when running stock 4.4.2?
Hope somebody knows more than I do. Didn't find anything so far
Thanks for any answers

Dave

I cant post a link here as it wont let me, email message me through this forum and ill give to you.
hope it helps.

ksoulis

Dec 31, 2010
App2sd

I think the Cubot X6 has two big problems:

1. You have only 1 GB RAM
2. You can only use 1,4 GB internal memory for the apps

The first problem is easy to solve. You can use the Roehsoft RAM Expander to create a swap file. Therefore you can increase the RAM up to 4 GB. It works very well! :good:

The second problem is more difficult. I tried to install Link2SD, but I always get the error message: "Link2SD invalid package". Maybe the Cubot X6 (official Rom 1.0) is not compatible with the current Link2SD version??? I don't know.

Then I look in the following vold.fstab file

PHP:
## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab 
## - San Mehat (san@android.com) 
##  

####################### 
## Regular device mount 
## 
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>  
## label        - Label for the volume 
## mount_point  - Where the volume will be mounted 
## part         - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition. 
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices 
###################### 

## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream 
# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device 
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host 
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host 
## Example of a dual card setup 
# dev_mount left_sdcard  /mnt/sdcard1  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0 
# dev_mount right_sdcard /mnt/sdcard2  auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.2/mmc_host/mmc2 

## Example of specifying a specific partition for mounts 
# dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 2 /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1 
dev_mount usbotg /mnt/usbotg auto /devices/platform/mt_usb

and tried to modify it.But I failed again. :(

Maybe someone has a better solution to solve the second problem.

(Excuse my bad english)

Dear friend,

I have cubot x6 for 4 months now.
If you are rooted you can use Titanium Backup to move apps to SD card.
It works fine for me.

jroc230

Aug 27, 2012
Bluetooth problems

Hi, I have been using the X6 for just over a week and so far everything is working well, the phone is quite nice to use, all except for bluetooth. In general bluetooth works but intermittently the phone gets so knotted up that bluetooth won't turn on, the icon animation loops continuously. The phone must then be reset or sometimes have the battery removed to get bluetooth to turn on/off again, sometimes twice.

I can pair devices although sometimes it won't detect them first go. Other times it will tell me I have the incorrect PIN even though it is a previously paired device which is being re-paired. When all is paired and connected (bluetiger handsfree headset) calls are fine, audio is good, controls work as expected. Then when in standby the headset will still be connected and the button will answer an incoming call but the audio has reverted back to the handset, very frustrating during this time because trying to reconnect the headset will result in non responsive bluetooth power control and another reset is required. :eek:

I tried bluetooth auto connect app which works flawlessly with the headset on my regular phone, Galaxy S2. But to no improvement at all on the X6, infact it made things even more unstable so I uninstalled.

I have read the MTK6592 chip has bluetooth 4.0 and I'm guessing there is protocol issues with older devices but that doesn't account for not being able to turn it on or off, maybe it is more of a ROM/Android issue?

[QUESTIONS]:
1. Is anyone using a bluetooth handsfree with no problems with the X6?
2. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    my cubot x6 arrived today, i can root with framaroot.
    and now i want to install a recovery (CW/TWRP) and custom roms....
    any ideas where is the thread or forum?
    heres the link (http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-CWM-Recovery-for-CUBOT-X6) thnk baldinho for his work

Hi SparrowCZ, your phone is OTG, so you can plug a mouse using a micro-usb male-usb female conector and control the mouse with it. And with a bit of money you can replace the screen.