Determining my M8

Search This thread

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T

Harmon Carbon does sound pretty sweet but it is actually Harmon/Kardon (EU speaker manufacturing company among other things). As for your question, I believe both models shows as a 831c but only the HK has the Champagne(Gold) front trim on it.

Where did you get the phone? If it came out of the original box it should've been accompanied by a pair of Harmon Kardon black and gold earbud headphones and the box, obviously, states that it is the HK version as well.

I'm assuming you didn't get it new from the store so it would be somewhat difficult to check which one it is by looking in settings...easiest for sure way to know is to reboot to bootloader ( with the phone OFF hold down the volume down key+power). The second line from the top of the screen should say "CID = SPCS_001" or "CID = SPCS_004."

SPCS_004 = HK
SPCS_001 = Non-HK standard edition

It also MAY say "11111111" instead which is called SuperCID and is a modification someone would've had to have done to the phone before you got it...in that case it is most likely the standard edition but we'll have to check elsewhere to be sure so let us know^^

Last edited:

xforsakerx

Mar 15, 2013
Harmon Carbon does sound pretty sweet but it is actually Harmon/Kardon (EU speaker manufacturing company among other things). As for your question, I believe both models shows as a 831c but only the HK has the Champagne(Gold) front trim on it.

Where did you get the phone? If it came out of the original box it should've been accompanied by a pair of Harmon Kardon black and gold earbud headphones and the box, obviously, states that it is the HK version as well.

I'm assuming you didn't get it new from the store so it would be somewhat difficult to check which one it is by looking in settings...easiest for sure way to know is to reboot to bootloader ( with the phone OFF hold down the volume down key+power). The second line from the top of the screen should say "CID = SPCS_001" or "CID = SPCS_004."

SPCS_004 = HK
SPCS_001 = Non-HK standard edition

It also MAY say "11111111" instead which is called SuperCID and is a modification someone would've had to have done to the phone before you got it...in that case it is most likely the standard edition but we'll have to check elsewhere to be sure so let us know^^

i bought it brand new from Best Buy it is champagne gold trim and came with black and red ear buds and im in bootloader now and have nothing on the screen that shows SPCS_anything

xforsakerx

Mar 15, 2013
Well mine does not say Harman Kardon on the back :/ so which one would mine be, the developers edition ?

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
i bought it brand new from Best Buy it is champagne gold trim and came with black and red ear buds and im in bootloader now and have nothing on the screen that shows SPCS_anything

I'll have to agree that it sounds like you got a regular m8. The black and red ear buds are the color theme of Beats audio instead of Harmon Kardon. Here's a picture of my HK box..You can see what the HK headphones should look like...doesn't say sprint on it anywhere so I don't think it was sold there exclusively..

As for the SPCS <-this is specific to a Sprint M8, which I assumed you had since this is the Sprint forum but looking into it I see that Best Buy does sell "Sprint" M8's but they must come with a different CID.

Here's a pic of my bootloader as well so you can see where the CID should be located and let us know what your's says.

Attachments

• 20140626_010501_HDR.jpg
    20140626_010501_HDR.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 103
  • hboot.jpg
    hboot.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 110