FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is it always possible to re-flash the stock KitKat ROM?

363 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By fterh, Senior Member on 30th May 2014, 04:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I plan to try out different custom ROMs like Omega and CM (I'm okay with tripping the Knox flag), but should I be unsatisfied for any reason, is it always possible to re-flash the stock KitKat firmware from sammobile.com using desktop Odin? I recall reading something like how once the Knox flag is tripped, you can never flash the stock firmware... anybody can advise? Thanks!

30th May 2014, 07:32 PM |#2  
Flag DUBAI/INDIA
Thanks Meter: 676

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fterh

I plan to try out different custom ROMs like Omega and CM (I'm okay with tripping the Knox flag), but should I be unsatisfied for any reason, is it always possible to re-flash the stock KitKat firmware from sammobile.com using desktop Odin? I recall reading something like how once the Knox flag is tripped, you can never flash the stock firmware... anybody can advise? Thanks!

Yes u can flash latest Stock Rom no worry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdomadia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdomadia Ad-Free
31st May 2014, 12:18 PM |#3  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,546

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fterh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdomadia

Yes u can flash latest Stock Rom no worry.

This ^^^^

Also, make sure you read up properly on the ins and outs and how to's before flashing and playing around with different ROMS/Firmwares or you'll get yourself into trouble. - Good luck and have fun

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift radicalisto Ad-Free
1st June 2014, 02:59 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks, guys!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)