FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you use custom themes?

Yes, I know how and I use them

1,727 Vote(s)
39.91%
No, I know how but I choose not to use them

287 Vote(s)
6.63%
I dont know how to change themes

2,313 Vote(s)
53.46%

General Questions about Themes GO HERE!!!!!

419 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By RandumAccess, Senior Member on 6th January 2009, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2009, 08:17 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Request for themes
I'm really liking the fact that there are so many themes coming out for Android. I would like to ask a favor of the theme builders though. Would it be possible to build in the browser apk with auto rotate in it?

7th January 2009, 08:49 PM |#22  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4

More
For the update-script...to do it in windows.. you have to use wordpad and not notepad.. I have no clue why notepad can't do it..nor am I even gonna find out why if I found the soloution lol
7th January 2009, 08:59 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo411m

did you sign each of the edited apk's? and your update.zip file?

OMG i feel like an idiot now.... lol
I got it done with everyones input.. thanks to everyone that helped me and gave advice... now i can start building the themes i need... after that i just need to learn how to change the ccd android animation...
but lets work with one thing at a time...lol

Thanks Again for all the help!
8th January 2009, 11:40 PM |#24  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Request for theme
I know how people love to hear requests. so I figured I'd give it a go. I really love the Red Shift theme for firefox and would love to see a similar color scheme for the G1! here's a screen shot. I think it would be a very popular theme. It's very clean and simple.

12th January 2009, 05:24 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Idea for a theme. Opinions? [Mockup Inside]
Hey all. For a while now I've had a rough idea for a theme (that I would like), but I still haven't received my ADP1 (I ordered it from Google/Brightstar two weeks ago) so I can't really try my ideas out "for real". Not sure it's possible to theme the Android emulator?

To be honest I'm not sure I could do it anyways, seems like a lot of work to get everything working, and I am amazed by the hard work the theme guys at this forum must put in to make everything work.

What I can do, and what I did, is to create the icons and wallpapers and that kind of stuff. So, using that material I thought I'd make a mockup of my "vision" to see what you guys think.. and to possibly pick up a few ideas and pointer from y'all.

Also, if anyone out there with theme skills would like to team up with me, so to speak, I would be more than happy to do part of the graphics (icons, wallpaper, some graphical elements) if you do the rest (i.e. signing the files and making the whole thing work in real life).

Ok, that was a lot of text that I'm sure most of you will never read.. so let's get on with it. Here's my idea for a theme. Thoughts?

12th January 2009, 05:30 AM |#26  
DFW
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I think that looks amazing.
12th January 2009, 06:19 AM |#27  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Well I must say this theme is amazing like your creati ity,I make icons n walkpapers too and am making a theme, but I will definitely be using this theme for a while, all we need is a theme switcher
12th January 2009, 06:32 AM |#28  
Flag Winter Haven, Florida, USA
Thanks Meter: 14

More
My favorite theme (idea) so far...and the Bill Bailey avatar is priceless.
12th January 2009, 06:35 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard

My favorite theme (idea) so far...and the Bill Bailey avatar is priceless.

I kinda like it myself, even though it's just a mockup (as of now).

I love Black Books. Bill Bailey (Manny) is a feckin' genius
12th January 2009, 06:44 AM |#30  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 49

More
ahhh nice.
12th January 2009, 06:56 AM |#31  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i want it now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.1, 1.5, adp1, android themes, boot, boot animation, bug, cant open, change, convert, dude, files, g1 themes, gallery, ghosting, how to, icon, icons grey, image, launcher, launcher.apk, port, pull-up tray, rc30, rc33, rc33 lite, signing, status bar, stericson, theme, themes, transperency, tray, wallpaper gallery, wallpapers, zip

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)