[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bartaspoz

Sep 10, 2008
Maybe you ask about full schematic for S8500? ;)

We've searched the Samsung Information Center - potral provided to the Samsung's authoized services. There's nothing more beside the "Downloader" App and s8500 firmwares from our local operators.

He told me that the documents that we are searching for were there before - Samsung probably deleted them.

But when and why...god only knows :)

oleg_k

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2005
Moscow
We've searched the Samsung Information Center - potral provided to the Samsung's authoized services. There's nothing more beside the "Downloader" App and s8500 firmwares from our local operators.

He told me that the documents that we are searching for were there before - Samsung probably deleted them.

But when and why...god only knows :)
Maybe try for S8530??

culaco

Mar 24, 2011
Sevilla
Sorry if this is posted, but troubleshooting manual contains several voltage values and schematics.

http: //www .cpkb.org/wiki/Samsung_GT-S8500_Wave_service_manual

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
That would take forever, and generally people who have broken waves aren't to interested in getting android on them, its a little bit catch 22

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
I don't mean to do it, i mean to get someone to do it. Also i don't know many who have a disassembly chamber lying around, and that process alone take about 10 mins, may i also add that the video is cut and chopped to speed up the process?

Last edited:

~MaX~

Dec 31, 2010
Nothing Phone 1
I know, but I have one stupid question. When you release beta test?:confused:

Facepalm.jpg

Reactions: baza14 and t0mm13b

hallihallo2

Mar 3, 2009
@oleg: can you please update your first post. Otherwise every new member will ask:

1. What is done?
2. What can we do?

That's all because of the off-topic flame. I hope a mod will clean this thread.

Keep up your good work

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
No idea if you find this information useful, started learning ARM architecture and assembly 2 days ago in turbo-mode, if this info seems to be nonsense, please ignore it. ;D
Bootloader level Modem_BootingStart procedure (as ELF headers says), no idea for what it is initialized in bootloading stage and if it is correct, commented as "DRV_Modem_Reset" by samsung debugstrings.
used procedures:
GPIO_Set_Config
GPIO_Set_Data
GPIO_Set_DrvStrength
GPIO_Set_PudPdn
PWM_Drv_Delay
pin 0x9B data 1
pin 0x9B config 1
pin 0xB3 data 1
pin 0xB3 config 1
delay 10000 (decimal, no idea about unit, most likely nanoseconds)
pin 0xAA drvStrength 3 (? )
pin 0xAA data 0
pin 0xAA config 1
delay 100000
pin 0xAA config 0
pin 0xAA PudPdn 0 (?)
delay 10000
pin B1 data 1
pin 0xB1 config 1
delay 100000
pin 0xB1 data 1
here comes loading whole dbl.mbn from 0x200000 NAND to RAM
haven't identified the rest enough to write it, it is call to "process_packets" (what packets?) and then UploadReset
I can only imagine what GPIO_Set_Data does. Totally no idea about set_config and driverstrength. I assume that Drv_Delay is just pausing execution and let Qualcomm chipset send&receive data, and unpause execution after timeout (10000 in this case) or getting ready-flag.

Admiting again i have almost no idea about how does it works, all i know that we've got like 78 General Purpose I/O pins which are physically connected to externals like radio, just trying to learn something and be helpful. Still reading about it as much as i can.

//edit: I assume that set_data prepare signal to be send, set_config turns on/off sending, then bootloader is waiting to make sure modem gets it.
Next assumption is that after reset regular transmission is being executed between Qualcomm+CPU behind and Modem, sending data stored in dbl.mbn to modem, maybe comparing reset-procedure to modem datasheet (any1 got it?) you can figure out those 4 pins atleast?

Probably mijoma will visit forum soon and get a heart attack after he read what bull**** I wrote, cuz i figured everything wrong or what. xP

//modem reset procedure looks equals in S8530, only dbl.mbn is written under 0x400000 instead of 0x200000.

Last edited:
Reactions: adfree and mijoma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts