FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ModdedStock_1.10 v2, A new ROM base.

231 posts
Thanks Meter: 113

By Zebwen, Retired Recognized Developer on 7th July 2011, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is an extremely simple ROM modification to the standard Advent Vega 1.10 system image that only alters a couple of things. These are as follows:
  • /system partition size increased from 128mb to 155mb. (The reason for this will be explained below)
  • su and SuperUser.apk added - You can use root apps as standard now.
  • ClockworkMod Recovery built-in.
  • Added Pauls simple recovery reboot app to get into CWM recovery.
That's all! No google apps, nothing else, just these simple changes. This isn't intended to be used as an everyday ROM (although there is no reason why you couldn't).

The main reason for this, is to be used as ROM base for VegaComb (and any other ROM you wish to use). I have been struggling with the Vega's default partition sizes while trying to port Honeycomb, and rather than spending tons of time trying to make stuff way smaller than it was ever intended to be, this seems like the better option.

So, flash this in nVflash recovery mode (exactly the same as the stock 1.10 image) and off you go. Done. No need to do anything else. You can use this base with any ROM, the ONLY downside is that 30mb of storage has been re-allocated from /data to /system, which most people won't even notice.

ALL future versions of VegaComb will require that you use this modded system image as a base (as they will require more than 125mb of /system space). To return your partitions back to the way they were, just re-flash the stock 1.10 image from www.myadventvega.co.uk (this is the ONLY way to restore your partition sizes, restoring from a Nandroid backup will NOT change your partition sizes back). You DON'T have to return to stock when you want to switch from using VegaComb, all other ROMs should work perfectly fine on top of this base, including Corvus5 and CM7.

Also, it's handy to have this in case you brick your Vega as CWM is pre-installed :P

AS ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING!

Download ModdedStock_1.10 v2 Here!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zebwen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zebwen Ad-Free

7th July 2011, 03:35 PM |#2  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Woo Hoo, good sign for things to come
7th July 2011, 03:44 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good work, Love the idea of a bigger /system..saves a lot of messing around moving apps to /data. Cheers. Paul
8th July 2011, 06:42 PM |#4  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just can't get this to install :(

Keeps coming up with unknown device found!!

Ooops, forgot to plug the charger in.........sorry :(
9th July 2011, 05:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I use ubuntu will this work through wine or would i be better off trying to borrow a windows MC
9th July 2011, 07:48 PM |#6  
Flag Bs As
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question Flash without usb cable?
Is there a way to flash this ROM without using the USB cable and recovery mode since my VPAD10s is giving a huge pain with windows 7 and the driver so I can not make it work.
Is there a version to be used with rom manager?

Thanks guys.
10th July 2011, 03:46 PM |#7  
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
You need to use your PC because this ROM changes the partition sizes in the internal memory, and you need a PC program (nvflash) for that purpose.
The Following User Says Thank You to Logseman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Logseman Ad-Free
11th July 2011, 02:07 PM |#8  
Flag Bs As

More
Damn! thanks Logseman, I will keep on trying to get my tablet recognized over w7 can´t believe it´s so hard to make it work. wish me luck
14th July 2011, 12:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hope over to the Modaco Vega forum and search for YAUDIG and AUDI. They'll get the drivers installed for you.
14th July 2011, 02:29 PM |#10  
Flag Bs As

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonta

Hope over to the Modaco Vega forum and search for YAUDIG and AUDI. They'll get the drivers installed for you.

Thanks simonta, already tried AUDI´s soft but no luck.
I´m starting to think that the issue might be with my pc/w7.
14th July 2011, 02:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great stuff!

Rgds

Lok
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)