Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] 01-09-11 Ganbarou ROM V1.1

2,881 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,401

Post Reply Email Thread
Last version of this ROM.
I messed up SP1. I am sorry for this.
V1.1 is availale now.
A small update for my latest tablet ROM with a some bug fixes and improvements.

Based on stock ROM V1.10, spiced up with Corvus amazing kernel for Android 2.2 and tweaked a little bit for 3G and GPS use.

It includes:
  • Live wallpapers
  • Fixed problem with screen calibration application
  • Added Suspend mode by short press of power button
  • Small graphical changes in the status bar
>

Some users were complaining that Live Wallpapers are missing. Ok, here you get them back.

In V 1.0 I included a wrong version of the screen calibration utility that caused FC. this fix includes a working version.

I found as well a solution to enter the suspend mode by just pressing the power button. The behaviour is now like:
  • Short press (~2 sec) => tablet enters suspend mode
  • Medium long press (~4 sec) => power option menu is shown
  • Long press (>8 sec) => tablet switches complete off

The full ROM is in the ROM download section.

If you are coming from another ROM then I strongly suggest a full wipe of Data, Cache and Dalvik-Cache, otherwise the ROM might not work correct.

And as usual: You use this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your device, loose warranty, get into a fight with your wife or loose important company data from your SDcard.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeeGee_Tokyo For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd September 2011, 06:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
this rom is multilang?
2nd September 2011, 11:13 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Paranaque

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ql4w0j7

this rom is multilang?

It is based on Stock V1.10 ROM (Android 2.2) and I didn't remove any languages.

Just can't tell you which languages are in, as I have HoneyComb now on my Viewpad.

HoneyComb is as well the reason why I stop working on this ROM.
3rd September 2011, 03:36 AM |#4  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee_Tokyo

Last version of this ROM.
I messed up SP1. I am sorry for this.
V1.1 is availale now.
A small update for my latest tablet ROM with a some bug fixes and improvements.

It includes:

• Live wallpapers
  • Fixed problem with screen calibration application
  • Added Suspend mode by short press of power button
  • Small graphical changes in the status bar
>

Some users were complaining that Live Wallpapers are missing. Ok, here you get them back.

In V 1.0 I included a wrong version of the screen calibration utility that caused FC. this fix includes a working version.

I found as well a solution to enter the suspend mode by just pressing the power button. The behaviour is now like:
  • Short press (~2 sec) => tablet enters suspend mode
  • Medium long press (~4 sec) => power option menu is shown
  • Long press (>8 sec) => tablet switches complete off

The full ROM is in the ROM download section.

If you are coming from another ROM then I strongly suggest a full wipe of Data, Cache and Dalvik-Cache, otherwise the ROM might not work correct.

And as usual: You use this ROM on your own risk. I am not responsible if you break your device, loose warranty, get into a fight with your wife or loose important company data from your SDcard.

OMG THANK YOU. i've been waiting for this for months! thank you thanks you. flashing now!
3rd September 2011, 07:47 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Paranaque

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledrice

OMG THANK YOU. i've been waiting for this for months! thank you thanks you. flashing now!

You're welcome. Sorry for the long delay, but due to some change at my work I had not much time to play with Android.
4th September 2011, 05:24 AM |#6  

More
Can you adjust the cache size so that we can run 40mb plus app?
4th September 2011, 11:11 AM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Paranaque

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingsa

Can you adjust the cache size so that we can run 40mb plus app?

It is possible, but needs a different type of installation. A ROM flashed through CWM cannot change the partitions sizes. I need to create an exe file with a changed partition size like explained here.
Or you can try the workaround from MoDaCo forum.

[EDIT]
Just created a basic ROM that changes your cache partition to 40MB. Check my post 40MB cache size for Vega stock ROMs to see how it works.
[/EDIT]
4th September 2011, 03:00 PM |#8  

More
I'm currently using your v1.1 rom on my viewpad 10s, but the main problem is the device use only 2g mode and never use 3g/wcdma mode, is there any tools to activate 3g/wcdma mode?since I use my viewpad for mobile, I need 3g mode very much
4th September 2011, 03:42 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Paranaque

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm currently using your v1.1 rom on my viewpad 10s, but the main problem is the device use only 2g mode and never use 3g/wcdma mode, is there any tools to activate 3g/wcdma mode?since I use my viewpad for mobile, I need 3g mode very much

Sounds strange, I have no idea why it is in 2G mode instead of 3G. My Viewpad 10s is on 3G all the time.

Try one of the switchers, like widgetsoid or 2G-3G OnOff if it can switch the status.
The Following User Says Thank You to BeeGee_Tokyo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2011, 04:12 PM |#10  

More
3g/2g problem solved after reboot

Next question is, how can I switch between app using longpress home screen icon like cm7 mod?
5th September 2011, 03:23 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Paranaque

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

3g/2g problem solved after reboot

Next question is, how can I switch between app using longpress home screen icon like cm7 mod?

Doesn't work. I use Button Savior. With that I have the buttons on the screen even in apps that close the status bar. And there the long press on home screen icon brings up the list of apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)