FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

EAP, WPA Enterprise Honeycomb 3.2

482 posts
Thanks Meter: 69

By rionline, Senior Member on 18th November 2011, 10:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi there,

first of all, i am no developer, so do not except anything. i think i got lucky in some case.

here is my wpa_supplicant that works with EAP, MSCHAP2 Wpa Enterprise at my university.

i am using viewcomb at the moment, so i do not know if it works with vegacomb. but the possibility seems kind of high!

greets from germany

btw: this file has to replace the existing one in /system/bin

something like that:

adb remount
adb shell mv /system/bin/wpa_supplicant /system/bin/wpa_supplicant.old
adb push wpa_supplicant /system/bin/
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/wpa_supplicant
adb reboot
Attached Files
File Type: zip wpa_supplicant.zip - [Click for QR Code] (151.0 KB, 196 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rionline For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rionline Ad-Free

20th November 2011, 01:06 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Hi,
What did you changed in this file, can you be more specific?
Thanks in advance.
20th November 2011, 08:40 PM |#3  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 113

Donate to Me
More
Wow, I've tried multiple supplicants and couldn't find one that worked correctly... Can anyone will access to an EAP network confirm this please?

Zeb
21st November 2011, 07:50 PM |#4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 113

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rionline

hi there,

first of all, i am no developer, so do not except anything. i think i got lucky in some case.

here is my wpa_supplicant that works with EAP, MSCHAP2 Wpa Enterprise at my university.

i am using viewcomb at the moment, so i do not know if it works with vegacomb. but the possibility seems kind of high!

greets from germany

btw: this file has to replace the existing one in /system/bin

something like that:

adb remount
adb shell mv /system/bin/wpa_supplicant /system/bin/wpa_supplicant.old
adb push wpa_supplicant /system/bin/
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/wpa_supplicant
adb reboot

OK, I have been PM'd confirmation that this works for university networks, REALLY good job!

I have packed this into a CWM-flashable zip, download it here!

Thanks for the good work man!

newbe5
23rd November 2011, 12:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Is provided with this update the capability of thethering to 3G phone via wif ad-hoc mode?
My HTC HD2 phone provides wifi ad hoc tethering capability: I´m able to tether my Win7 laptop to it, but not my Vega!
Best regards and thanks
23rd November 2011, 01:42 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgawain123

Is provided with this update the capability of thethering to 3G phone via wif ad-hoc mode?
My HTC HD2 phone provides wifi ad hoc tethering capability: I´m able to tether my Win7 laptop to it, but not my Vega!
Best regards and thanks

Nope... I just tried.
25th November 2011, 12:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, everyone. I have tried to flashed Vegacomb 3.2 Build 9n and Viewcomb 3.2 Build 6 to my Viewpad 10s (3G version). In both case, I was not able to use the 3G although the Viewpad 10s did detect the SIM card. What can I do to activate the 3G function?
25th November 2011, 03:45 PM |#8  

More
Did you configured the APN for your network?
26th November 2011, 12:48 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vujke025

Did you configured the APN for your network?

Thanks! But I was not required of such with the original ROM. Would you kindly tell me how to do it?
26th November 2011, 01:59 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by js_crusaders

Thanks! But I was not required of such with the original ROM. Would you kindly tell me how to do it?

Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > New APN (or select existing)
The Following User Says Thank You to vujke025 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vujke025 Ad-Free
27th November 2011, 05:31 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vujke025

Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > New APN (or select existing)

Thanks! I tried but the 3G just did not work still though my Viewpad 10s did recognise the existence of the SIM card and there already an APN. In the original ROM, though no settings is needed, I had to switch on the '3g/GPS' through Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks. Is it necessary to activate somenthing after the installation of the Viewcomb 3.2 or do I need to install some other driver for the 3G function?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)