Post Reply Email Thread
9th August 2012, 06:13 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How can i do a donation?

16th August 2012, 01:07 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It's faster than hc/ics for sure. I've had a bit problems, had to install moddedstock again. Launcher froze for 10 seconds last time I booted. I think I would prefer the natural dpi. If it's possible I'd like to have this as an alternative in the future.

Biggest problem is to get some games to work on Vega and Jellybean doesn't help with this, if someone wonders. One of the main reasons why I'm thinking of buying something new, Nexus7 for example.
16th August 2012, 07:19 PM |#23  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 569

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesno

It's faster than hc/ics for sure. I've had a bit problems, had to install moddedstock again. Launcher froze for 10 seconds last time I booted. I think I would prefer the natural dpi. If it's possible I'd like to have this as an alternative in the future.

Biggest problem is to get some games to work on Vega and Jellybean doesn't help with this, if someone wonders. One of the main reasons why I'm thinking of buying something new, Nexus7 for example.

you cant change DPI , that would break you ROM ... and you will need to reflash it again

Do not compare Nexus 7 and Advent Vega tablets
17th August 2012, 10:22 PM |#24  

More
Yeah, I know. I just think that screen looks all blurry with current DPI. Also, I don't really care about androids tablet interface, I used gingerbread for a long time in vega and I still think it's good enough.
18th August 2012, 12:48 AM |#25  
Flag Lisburn
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Can I ask why you put Superuser in the rom and not SuperSU. It was my understanding that Superuser did not work right on JB and that you needed SuperSU.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
26th August 2012, 10:53 AM |#26  

More
Many thanks for this rom, works really well on our Vega. There is the occasional freeze that requires a reboot but for a device that should still be on 2.2 we can cope with this. Amazing work, keep it up.
26th August 2012, 12:04 PM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBC

Can I ask why you put Superuser in the rom and not SuperSU. It was my understanding that Superuser did not work right on JB and that you needed SuperSU.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I have not had any problems with Superuser so far. Besides Superuser has sources that can be integreated into the build.
28th August 2012, 08:57 PM |#28  
@All
See second post. Beta 2.2 in Full and stripped version available also in CWM and NVFlash. Not much changed.
29th August 2012, 02:15 PM |#29  

More
Don't reboot
Hi,

I test the beta 1, and work very well.
I test also the beta 2.2 (to resolve audio HDMI output problem), it work like a charme, but when I push the power button and set REBOOT, the tablet don't want. The screen stay blank.

I tried to re-install it, but the problem is the same.
I tried also the beta 2, but also blank after reboot.

I use the CMW version because the exe, don't want to boot after installation.

How to resolve this problem ?

Thanks, this is a very good job

PS : I have the Viewpad 10s tablet
30th August 2012, 04:19 PM |#30  
Flag Brighton & Hove
Thanks Meter: 0

More
firstly - big thanks to all involved x

sadly the 2.2b exe is not working at all on my vega - it gets stuck in continuous boot cycle where the back-light goes on and off but it never gets as far as the boot animation - will try downloading the exe file again before reverting to cwm.

will report back later.

update:

okay the exe version consistently fails on both of the kids vega tablets as described above so i reverted back to vegacream rc2 and again flashed vegabean 2.2b but this time the cwm version from the sd card.

the first vega installed fine first time and still working as it should after several installations and reboots - gui is fast and smooth - so far so good!

the second vega was only able to boot okay after the second cwm installation (still no exe joy) - the first cwm install left the tablet with black screen and back-light on and I am getting the same again after first reboot as described by mrdan above.

touch-screen on both units were over sensitive, particularly noticeable using the stock on-screen keyboard for text entry.

hope this helps and thanks again, al
7th September 2012, 05:11 PM |#31  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up VegaBean - a good Rom
i use version 2.3.
thank for this rom, i like it.
it's fast, stable, only little bugs...

wlan on/off is a little prob for me.

but a big prob: i can't remove apps in system/app...?
rootexplorer or adb, no chance? Filesystem is read only
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)