Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2013, 05:56 PM |#11  
New version posted. See second post.

Verstuurd van mijn Transformer Pad TF300T met Tapatalk

15th January 2013, 02:24 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice rom.
Installed and tested a little, amazingly fast, without gapps.

Once gapps are installed, I don't know what exactly happens (neither spent the time to find it), but system becomes unusable, extremely sluggish.
I have an 8GB Class10 lexar microsd, 4GB for FAT32 and remaining space for the EXT4.

I have yet to test, but been unable to reboot a couple of times and had to re-flash.

Particularly, on the case related to the sluggish performance, I have done some testing with jellybean and left /data on localstorage, and mounted microsd EXT4 (mmcblk0p2) to /data/app.
After this configuration change, speed came back to normal.

Problem with microsd cards is that they are not designed for random i/o, are between the worst performers on this matter, specially on random writes, typical OS usage.

I believe that the multiple i/o operations happening on /data is causing an extremely high iowait.
15th January 2013, 10:16 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Well guys I must thank you I was about to get rid of my Vega when I thought I'll just check xda and see if for the old guy was receiving any updates and vola here is cm10 on 4.1 its great thankyou!!!

Can I get my titanium bkup working on this using my existing data from my jellybean biftor ROM from my galaxy s2? In fact does titanium work with this ROM?

Any help appreciated cheers
16th January 2013, 12:17 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppi05

Well guys I must thank you I was about to get rid of my Vega when I thought I'll just check xda and see if for the old guy was receiving any updates and vola here is cm10 on 4.1 its great thankyou!!!

Can I get my titanium bkup working on this using my existing data from my jellybean biftor ROM from my galaxy s2? In fact does titanium work with this ROM?

Any help appreciated cheers

BTW this is android 4.2 not 4.1.
16th January 2013, 07:32 PM |#15  

More
4.2 even better been playing with it a little tonight and it is a massive improvement! I do have the issues then user above posts with sluggish behavior and random stoppages with the launcher? Can someone give me an overview of what the zram app does on this ROM plz never used it before? It reported an error the first time I started it but its working away now just not entirely sure at what lol

Cheers for any info....
18th January 2013, 09:57 AM |#16  

More
Re: [UNOFFICIAL] CM10.1 for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii
Hey guys been running this for a few days as you can see above, I must admit and thank you all this has made my tablet usable again so thankyou. I have been collating some logs and test results to try and resolve the sluggish/lag on my device, unfortunately I haven't found a cure nor a real cause for it? I have used a little software to tune the ROM and switch some of the CPU governors etc but to no real avail.

Does anyone have any tweaks I can try to help resolve the lag?

The main area is when the tablet is multitasking it hangs and freezes and prompts to close the on screen app??

I also have my backs from my S2 working on my device via titanium bkup and a point to note is it is extremely slow to restore apps via titanium? Is this down to the SD ext4 again?

Again guys any help appreciated or any other links to another forum where this is been discussed would be great

Cheers
19th January 2013, 11:18 PM |#17  
Flag Hjo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Awesome!

I'm gonna download and try it out when I have time!
There's still some life in the Advent
And I like it!
25th January 2013, 10:24 PM |#18  
Re: [UNOFFICIAL] CM10.1 for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii
I have posted alpha 8 in second post. 3G is working

Verstuurd van mijn TF300T met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to scanno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scanno Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 09:58 PM |#19  
Flag Hjo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I've tested the rom for 2 days now and I can say that I really like the multiuser support now :9
The only problem is that it's a bit unstable, compared when you had aosp before.
It freezes sometimes works slow every now and then and newly installed programs may require a reboot to work properly.

But it's just alpha so what can I say?
This rom is good anyway
28th January 2013, 06:32 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Waiting impatiently for a final release, i'll use my tablet again that's very cool from you
10th February 2013, 08:47 AM |#21  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 569

Donate to Me
More
Alpha 9d

CWM-ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/?61ydk8vki9np9i6

GAPPS post #2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)