FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[q] is there twrp recovery for mortorola bravo?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hiandro, Junior Member on 1st March 2013, 10:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
in teamwin official website i couldn't find twrp recovery support for motorola bravo, however motorola defy was in the list to get twrp recovery.
does TWRP for defy work on bravo? or we need a different for bravo? i love that recovery ...can some body help me install that on my bravo???

2nd March 2013, 05:39 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 3,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiandro

in teamwin official website i couldn't find twrp recovery support for motorola bravo, however motorola defy was in the list to get twrp recovery.
does TWRP for defy work on bravo? or we need a different for bravo? i love that recovery ...can some body help me install that on my bravo???

The Defy TWRP works on the Bravo, but its only up to version 2.1 and can't install large Aroma roms (WR, Pikachu, etc). Your better off reading the thread over at Defy Development. Its neat and works, but our custom CWM 5 is the best for us in terms of reliability and stability.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
3rd March 2013, 03:26 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

The Defy TWRP works on the Bravo, but its only up to version 2.1 and can't install large Aroma roms (WR, Pikachu, etc). Your better off reading the thread over at Defy Development. Its neat and works, but our custom CWM 5 is the best for us in terms of reliability and stability.

can u give me link to download latest CWM please.
5th March 2013, 03:40 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs

More
Quote:

can u give me link to download latest CWM please.

Its installed be default with CM10 or PA. The newer the rom, the newer the recovery.

You can copy the zip/system/bootmenu/.... to other roms to get the touch ui in the bootmenu, just don't overwrite your current roms init scripts....and use a PRE 2nd Kernel zip when porting the bootmenu to non custom kernel roms. This isn't something I'd advise doing cause if you don't know what your fully doing you can easily put yourself in a position to flash the sbf. I sbf'd 3 times adding the JB Touch bootmenu to CM7.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
6th March 2013, 03:31 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Its installed be default with CM10 or PA. The newer the rom, the newer the recovery.

You can copy the zip/system/bootmenu/.... to other roms to get the touch ui in the bootmenu, just don't overwrite your current roms init scripts....and use a PRE 2nd Kernel zip when porting the bootmenu to non custom kernel roms. This isn't something I'd advise doing cause if you don't know what your fully doing you can easily put yourself in a position to flash the sbf. I sbf'd 3 times adding the JB Touch bootmenu to CM7.

I installed cm10 then after I went to stable recovery and I wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache and again wipe dalvik cache,and then I went to install zip from SD card and then choose mokee and flashed the zip.and when I reboot the phone it got stuck at Motorola red logo. again i boot into recovery (it was different, which mokee installed maybe)and when i wipe data and cache it said something like this:can't mount E/cache/recovery/log .and then i went to backup and restore and restored my cm10 backup and it only restored system(no data) why did this happen did I did something wrong?? or is there problem in recovery?? please tell me about this.
6th March 2013, 08:22 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs

More
Quote:

I installed cm10 then after I went to stable recovery and I wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache and again wipe dalvik cache,and then I went to install zip from SD card and then choose mokee and flashed the zip.and when I reboot the phone it got stuck at Motorola red logo. again i boot into recovery (it was different, which mokee installed maybe)and when i wipe data and cache it said something like this:can't mount E/cache/recovery/log .and then i went to backup and restore and restored my cm10 backup and it only restored system(no data) why did this happen did I did something wrong?? or is there problem in recovery?? please tell me about this.

I have a couple of ideas, but I'd be guessing with all of them. Probably just an error from CM10 using a newer recovery than Mokee. Since CM10's /system was restored, so was its bootmenu\recovery -- try doing a full restore now that you're using the same recovery that backed it up .

Crap like this is why we need an unlocked bootloader, or even just a place to hide a custom recovery -- with every rom you flash, your recovery changes and bad things can\have happened. While its nowhere as bad as it once was, problems like yours still occur from time to time. Its the same reason that there's so many posts with people having problems from using BandroidX Recovery -- its a very old CWM based recovery that uses different formats than whats used now (can't even install newer roms with it). Old and new don't usually play nicely with us .
9th March 2013, 10:16 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

I have a couple of ideas, but I'd be guessing with all of them. Probably just an error from CM10 using a newer recovery than Mokee. Since CM10's /system was restored, so was its bootmenu\recovery -- try doing a full restore now that you're using the same recovery that backed it up .

Crap like this is why we need an unlocked bootloader, or even just a place to hide a custom recovery -- with every rom you flash, your recovery changes and bad things can\have happened. While its nowhere as bad as it once was, problems like yours still occur from time to time. Its the same reason that there's so many posts with people having problems from using BandroidX Recovery -- its a very old CWM based recovery that uses different formats than whats used now (can't even install newer roms with it). Old and new don't usually play nicely with us .

Yeah, i tried to restore backup using cm10 recovery and although it said cant restore .android.secure something like that(iam not quite sure) it restored system as well as data.
The thing is i like mokee os .its speed, clean and clear... ecetra but it is not jelly bean.can't we have a cm10 tweaked and modified for bravo.of course I love your PA jelly bean there are lots of tablet tweaks can you also add some other functions like in pimp my rom.
And thanks man for answering my queries
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)