Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2012, 08:41 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 3,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Orange

It's stuff like that that makes me wonder why companies decide to offer two almost identical models of phone, when they can save so much money offering one device. I love my bravo though, it's my first smart phone and I've had no complaints what so ever concerning Motorola. But it doesn't make logical sense to offer the same thing in a different body. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Never thought about checking out the defy forums, thanks for the tip skeevy.

The multiple phone issue is for different markets\carriers. There's a lot of phones, especially Motorola phones, that are almost the same as the next one -- DroidX, Bravo, Defy, Defy+, Cliq2; all those phones listed can easily port from each other with just a few libraries different between them -- usually camera, gps, and sensors.

For example, all our Bravo roms used to be Defy Ports until Quarx started doing CM roms for us. All we have to change is 3 camera libs, imager_cfg.bin, rename /lib/hw/whatever.jordan.so to whatever.kobe.so, add in the Bravo baseband, and change the build.prop to have the Bravo labeling --- that method works on almost all Defy roms, Since then, we've had a few camera revisions so you have to try different releases for the camera libs (there's 2 for CM7, 3 for CM9, and 1 for CM10) and some ports require you to use libandroid_server.so from a Bravo CM Release or from Stock Froyo. I've ported a lot of Defy Roms -- WR, PIkachu, all Miui roms are all Defy Ports.

The only reason MS2 doesn't fully work is its framework specifically looks for the Defy camera libs and replacing them with Bravo libs causes it to freeze on boot. I think it may be possible to decompile\smali the MS2 framework-res.apk and framework.jar and add in the Kobe camera java code to them to make our camera work with MS2, I just haven't gotten around to trying it. So far all I've tried is replacing the tether java code with CM7's to get tethering to work for me. MS2\Moto Roms have a phone home code attached to the tethering so if you don't pay for tethering you can't use it -- I tether my home wifi, not 3G, so it really bugs me that I can't tether my wifi to my PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free

4th September 2012, 12:22 PM |#12  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

The multiple phone issue is for different markets\carriers. There's a lot of phones, especially Motorola phones, that are almost the same as the next one -- DroidX, Bravo, Defy, Defy+, Cliq2; all those phones listed can easily port from each other with just a few libraries different between them -- usually camera, gps, and sensors.

For example, all our Bravo roms used to be Defy Ports until Quarx started doing CM roms for us. All we have to change is 3 camera libs, imager_cfg.bin, rename /lib/hw/whatever.jordan.so to whatever.kobe.so, add in the Bravo baseband, and change the build.prop to have the Bravo labeling --- that method works on almost all Defy roms, Since then, we've had a few camera revisions so you have to try different releases for the camera libs (there's 2 for CM7, 3 for CM9, and 1 for CM10) and some ports require you to use libandroid_server.so from a Bravo CM Release or from Stock Froyo. I've ported a lot of Defy Roms -- WR, PIkachu, all Miui roms are all Defy Ports.

The only reason MS2 doesn't fully work is its framework specifically looks for the Defy camera libs and replacing them with Bravo libs causes it to freeze on boot. I think it may be possible to decompile\smali the MS2 framework-res.apk and framework.jar and add in the Kobe camera java code to them to make our camera work with MS2, I just haven't gotten around to trying it. So far all I've tried is replacing the tether java code with CM7's to get tethering to work for me. MS2\Moto Roms have a phone home code attached to the tethering so if you don't pay for tethering you can't use it -- I tether my home wifi, not 3G, so it really bugs me that I can't tether my wifi to my PC.

When my pc is fixed the first thing I will be doing its porting a defy rom following these steps, later when I see everything is working I will try compiling from source.
22nd October 2012, 03:52 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
it works on Samsung Galaxy S3. Thank you so much
22nd October 2012, 04:03 PM |#14  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker23

it works on Samsung Galaxy S3. Thank you so much

Of course it is working for.you, this is just a problem now for Bravo and Defy users. I hope quarx fix that broken codec so we can watch flash videos and I think netflix too.
The Following User Says Thank You to josuearisty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josuearisty Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 02:48 AM |#15  

More
Its installed on my Samsung Google Nexus s (4.1.1)
After Adobe Flash Player installed, I started the browser, I open settings, then there's ==>
General, Privacy & Security, Accessibility, Advanced, Bandwidth Managament, Labs.

What is the next step to =>put the check in front of Flash Player.

I looking forward to your help and Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleeyt

If you need Flash Player on JellyBean, then do the following.

1. Download the Adobe Flash Player (v.11.1.115.12)[/URL].
2. Copy the file to your device (tablet or a phone - it does not matter).
3. Install.
4. Start the browser.
5. Login to your browser settings and put the check in front of Flash Player.
6. Now you have the latest version of Flash Player!
7. Enjoy

23rd January 2013, 02:36 PM |#16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 3,058

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKrolis

After Adobe Flash Player installed, I started the browser, I open settings, then there's ==>
General, Privacy & Security, Accessibility, Advanced, Bandwidth Managament, Labs.

What is the next step to =>put the check in front of Flash Player.

I looking forward to your help and Thanks in advance

We can just go through the motions and install Flash Player, it doesn't actually work. Our platform has flash codec issues with ICS on up.
27th January 2013, 08:58 PM |#17  

More
Worked
It worked on my Atrix HD 4.1.1
9th February 2013, 11:01 AM |#18  

More
Thumbs up Worked on htc one x.
Hello,

I have full stock rom non rooted.

I installed this APK and used ICS quick browser from the android market. Works like a charm. Thanks.
9th March 2013, 10:51 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 947

More
Thanks for sharing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)