Firmware ATRIX HD MB886 AT&T ICS 4.0.4 "New Update 09/13"

Search This thread

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
Just got my first Motorola with this phone, but think I borked it by messing with the radio bands. How does one flash these .xml or .sbf files to restore to original stock?

KilerG

Oct 7, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
I'm grabbing this for my friend, he can't get the update because he needs Wi-Fi and the phone won't connect to our University's Wi-Fi network. This won't break OTA for him though will it?

aerohp

Aug 30, 2012
what is the update process?

It's just as same as if you have applied OTA.

so what exactly is the update procedure?

Here's what my phone is showing me.

system version: 77.1.7.MB886.ATT.en.US
android version: 4.0.3

Will this update change anything with the bootloader or anything like that?

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
so what exactly is the update procedure?

Here's what my phone is showing me.

system version: 77.1.7.MB886.ATT.en.US
android version: 4.0.3

Will this update change anything with the bootloader or anything like that?

If you got 4.0.3 we need a copy of your OS before you upgrade. 4.0.3 has vulnerabilities that we need to get root. Sorry I don't know the procedure, but I am sure some dev will be more than willing to tell you.

aerohp

Aug 30, 2012
It's just as same as if you have applied OTA.

If you got 4.0.3 we need a copy of your OS before you upgrade. 4.0.3 has vulnerabilities that we need to get root. Sorry I don't know the procedure, but I am sure some dev will be more than willing to tell you.

are there any specifics to the vulnerabilities?

anyways, if someone lets me know how make a copy of the OS, i'd be more than willing to do so.

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
are there any specifics to the vulnerabilities?

anyways, if someone lets me know how make a copy of the OS, i'd be more than willing to do so.

Just saw this and need to let you know not to do any soft of fastboot or updating without backing up your files. The worry is you flash a retail bootloader and possibly cannot go back if you use these.

Reactions: aerohp

aerohp

Aug 30, 2012
Just saw this and need to let you know not to do any soft of fastboot or updating without backing up your files. The worry is you flash a retail bootloader and possibly cannot go back if you use these.

yeah, that's why i'm holding out... battery life sucks on the 4.0.3. it barely gets me 8-9 hours with moderate use. i've noticed there are huge drops in the battery level every now and then. i guess i'll just deal with it until we get the root thing sorted out.

aerohp

Aug 30, 2012
is there a way to just mount the system.img.ext4? i've tried ext2explore and i've tried to mount it with Linux Reader. thanks

i'm wondering the same thing...i'm not flashing this on my phone but a friend of mine has a retail 4.0.4 and can't get the OTA. i;m not really sure how to flash this. i was hoping for it to be an sbf but thats not the case. can someone point the way please?

Av8tor86

Feb 21, 2011
Central PA
tried the same thing, now stuck at the boot animation. I have tried factory reset as well as downloading the firmware and trying to update from the sd card in recovery. No luck. It is now a brick unless someone can help...

Top Liked Posts