FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,673 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,487

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 05:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Please Do NOT Use The 'Downloads' Tab - It's Not Working Properly!
5th May 2012, 05:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 310

More
First off, thank you! This seems like a great useful tool. The problem im having is that following the steps above, whenever i get to where i decompile the apks and its says the files are placed in the "working" folder, nothing is in there? What could i be doing wrong?
Thanks for your help
5th May 2012, 05:55 PM |#12  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 84

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
Awesome tool, I was really excited when I found this. But I am running into some issues. I am running Thundershed (cm7) on HTC thunderbolt, computer is win7. When I try and "pull" I get a quick "unexpected error" message and your tool closes. I have manually pulled framework out of the system and put it in the "in" folder, tool sees that it is there, but when I try to decompile, I get the same unexpected error. The only thing I have managed to get this tool to do is reboot my device.
5th May 2012, 06:46 PM |#13  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 84

Donate to Me
More
ok, i was able to get a screenshot of the error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	4272
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1042658  
5th May 2012, 07:41 PM |#14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Droidinary

Just wondering if you could make these for me with your tool cos i'm likely to do something wrong if I try it myself lol.

I don't want on screen buttons.

Well, this can be used to do a lot of the modifications you have in those images. The ICS battery icon is available from the battery icon menu. Changing the position of the clock is relatively simple but exactly how you do it depends on your exact rom.

Sent from my U20i, SK17i, GT-P1010 or something else entirely.
5th May 2012, 07:44 PM |#15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Droidinary

Just wondering if you could make these for me with your tool cos i'm likely to do something wrong if I try it myself lol.

I don't want on screen buttons.

Well, this can be used to do a lot of the modifications you have in those images. The ICS battery icon is available from the battery icon menu. Changing the position of the clock is relatively simple but exactly how you do it depends on your exact rom.

5th May 2012, 07:45 PM |#16  
Quote:
Originally Posted by themisterwilson

First off, thank you! This seems like a great useful tool. The problem im having is that following the steps above, whenever i get to where i decompile the apks and its says the files are placed in the "working" folder, nothing is in there? What could i be doing wrong?
Thanks for your help

Hmm. How far do you get with the decompile process? Can you share a screenshot please?

5th May 2012, 07:57 PM |#17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainriderben

ok, i was able to get a screenshot of the error.

I think I know what's going on here. When it says to press x to cancel or any other key to continue, do you press RETURN on its own or do you press another key first (like 1, a or similar)? One of the quirks of MS-DOS is that if you only press RETURN, it enters the character you used last time you just pressed RETURN.

In other words, it gets confused and closes the tool. Try typing a letter or number then pressing RETURN. If that doesn't work, let me know!

6th May 2012, 08:11 AM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Hmm. How far do you get with the decompile process? Can you share a screenshot please?

I'm guessing it completed the decompiling process, it didn't give me any errors or force closes or anything. It just doesnt show up in the working folder..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ticklemydroidA.JPG
Views:	1659
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	1043842   Click image for larger version

Name:	ticklemydroidB.JPG
Views:	1686
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1043843   Click image for larger version

Name:	ticklemydroidC.JPG
Views:	1544
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1043844  
6th May 2012, 08:33 AM |#19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by themisterwilson

I'm guessing it completed the decompiling process, it didn't give me any errors or force closes or anything. It just doesnt show up in the working folder..

No, it's not decompiling at all. Odd. Looks like I need to include an error check at that point.
What happens if you try the decompiling option in the theming menu?
Can you share your framework-res.apk? I'll try it out on my version and see if I can't work out what's going on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
6th May 2012, 09:06 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
One noob question. Is this work on ICS device completely?
6th May 2012, 10:32 AM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

No, it's not decompiling at all. Odd. Looks like I need to include an error check at that point.
What happens if you try the decompiling option in the theming menu?
Can you share your framework-res.apk? I'll try it out on my version and see if I can't work out what's going on.

its not doing the exact same thing. It says something about installing the framework file to the system but i'm certain it's there where it should be. But in any case, i attached my framework i'm trying to decompile. It's the framework from AOKP M5, without any mods.
Attached Files
File Type: apk framework-res.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.07 MB, 65 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)