GNote - Note taking application (8/11/2012)

Search This thread

MarcinXDA

Oct 24, 2010
Warsaw
Working fine for me.....

What DPI is set for the app?

Have you tried clearing data?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I will try once more but I changed to 320 and still fc.
I have 213 as base.

Edit:
Reboot solved fc. Now everything works. Thanks and sorry for mess.

Last edited:

Tupaz

Jan 31, 2012
I created this application out of my need as I used S Memo for taking notes, meeting minutes and using the widgets as the sticky notes. I found memo to be the closest one but widgets was broken and I decided to create a new application based on SPen SDK 2.1

Features of GNote
1. Multiple widgets which remains even after reboot. Widgets are updated as soon as the corresponding note is edited.
2. Multiple pages with easy navigation
3. Update existing widgets note
4. Simple toolbar which can be hidden.
5. Notes Gallery for managing notes. (image of the first page of the note is shown in notes gallery)
6. Notes Gallery - Multiple notes can be deleted.
7. Images from gallery and camera can be added to the note.
8. Settings - option to disable back key
9. Settings - option to disable finger touch.
10.It remembers last used pen and eraser settings and uses the same when the app is launched next time.
11. Very smooth and does not lag.
12. Clicking on the title bar of widget opens a new note
13. Clicking on the body of the widget opens the note corresponding to the widget.

Compatible with ICS and JB.

Change Log
1. Add Images from camera and gallery
2. Layout changes to improve user experience
3. Added Settings and about screens

1. Background colors can be added to the notes. The same will be applicable to the widgets
2. Settings - Left Hand (Please report if not working fine)
3. Settings - Option to enable/disable pinch zoom
4. Notes Gallery now shows the count of pages in each note.
5. Note is saved without any confirmation. Further, you can save the note on demand using the save button. Note is saved when you navigate to some other activity or on exit of the application.
6. Some Icons changed (still a WIP).
7. Saves the notes faster. reduced the saving time by 50%.
an many insignificant fixes.

1. Note can be shared now
2. Note can be exported as a png image
3. Text can be added to the note
4. Tool tips are added to the toolbar buttons
5. Selected tool is highlighted in white(applicable to pen, eraser and text)
6. reverted the icons to holo light theme
7. Minor Bug fixes

If you find any bug please report it here. Do not forget to mention the Rom on which you are. Do not report bug if used other than galaxy note

You can donate to me by using about dialog from the application or from here. Donations are not necessary and will not have any effect on the development of the application.

Special Thanks to
g_aquarian for donation

Thanks to Devmil for his color chooser.

Please press thanks if you like my application. At least I deserve that

which is the latest? 0.2? 0.3? or 0.4?

GR8CDNPumpkin

Nov 19, 2011
Cambridge
I would like to inform you that due to lot of changes in my life (country, job, etc) I am not finding sufficient time to work on this application and the updates to it may no longer happen in the near future.

I would like to thank you all for appreciating the work done by me.

Would you consider releasing as open source or passing it to another developer?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

akenis

Dec 22, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Would you consider releasing as open source or passing it to another developer?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Please... just down two days trying all the apps after switching over to ASOP ROM. None of them have the simplicity and functionality as here.

Papyrus has the most potential, but lacks widget and insert image.

Lecture notes and Free Note are awesome, but a little too complicated. Lecture notes has awesome image and lasso cuts, but lacks widget. Free Note is a bit clunky.

GNotes is nice with sync, but keeps annotations separate. Widget is limited.

Memo from market has promise, and seems very similar to this. But widget force closes.

I'd say hand it over to papyrus guys... best of both worlds if they can implement what you have accomplished.

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: orb2k

fatsuzie

Dec 21, 2010
It's an awesome piece of app sir.

right now I'm using Gnote + papyrus as a combo. :)

But mainly Gnote. sad to see it. :(

coolxal

May 28, 2010
I would like to inform you that due to lot of changes in my life (country, job, etc) I am not finding sufficient time to work on this application and the updates to it may no longer happen in the near future.

I agree with the other posters. Hopefully you will consider releasing the source code for other developers to work on.

vhbelvadi

Jun 2, 2012
Two suggestions

This app is really a boon! I have two suggestions, though:
1. As @martywix already mentioned, I'd love to see just the text area, sans the widget title bar. I can understand why it's there but I'd like just as much to get rid of it.
2. The widget resizes text (flattens it to accomodate all the writing instead of just the centre as in the stock app widget) and that renders the text useless to read.
This is a great app and if these suggestions are incorporated into the next update, I might stop using the stock app altogether !
I created this application out of my need as I used S Memo for taking notes, meeting minutes and using the widgets as the sticky notes. I found memo to be the closest one but widgets was broken and I decided to create a new application based on SPen SDK 2.1

Features of GNote
1. Multiple widgets which remains even after reboot. Widgets are updated as soon as the corresponding note is edited.
4. EsSimple toolbar which can be hidden.
5. Notes Gallery for managing notes. (image of the first page of the note is shown in notes gallery)
10.It remembers last used pen and eraser settings and uses the same when the app is launched next time.
13. Clicking on the body of the widget opens the note corresponding to the widget.

Change Log

1. Background colors can be added to the notes. The same will be applicable to the widgets
5. Note is saved without any confirmation. Further, you can save the note on demand using the save button. Note is saved when you navigate to some other activity or on exit of the application.

7. Minor Bug fixes

If you find any bug please report it here. Do not forget to mention the Rom on which you are. Do not report bug if used other than galaxy note

You can donate to me by using about dialog from the application or from here. Donations are not necessary and will not have any effect on the development of the application.

Special Thanks to
g_aquarian for donation

Major_Sarcasm

Jan 26, 2009
South Coast, UK
oceancopy.co.uk
This app is really a boon! I have two suggestions, though:
1. As @martywix already mentioned, I'd love to see just the text area, sans the widget title bar. I can understand why it's there but I'd like just as much to get rid of it.
2. The widget resizes text (flattens it to accomodate all the writing instead of just the centre as in the stock app widget) and that renders the text useless to read.
This is a great app and if these suggestions are incorporated into the next update, I might stop using the stock app altogether !

Well played. Not only did you quote the entire first post unnecessarily, but you've also completely missed the last few posts which state that the developer is not going to be releasing any more versions.

brooon

May 11, 2009
What I would LOVE the most: If we can get rid of the GNote banner at the top of the widget.

persichini

Dec 2, 2010
DFW
Crashes When selecting anything

I've tried this on 2 different devices and 3 different roms. the App loads fine but when ever i click on any of the tools to do anything it force closes. Thoughts?

orb2k

Aug 4, 2011
Montreal
Please... just down two days trying all the apps after switching over to ASOP ROM. None of them have the simplicity and functionality as here.

Lecture notes and Free Note are awesome, but a little too complicated. Lecture notes has awesome image and lasso cuts, but lacks widget. Free Note is a bit clunky.

Memo from market has promise, and seems very similar to this. But widget force closes.

I'd say hand it over to papyrus guys... best of both worlds if they can implement what you have accomplished.

Thanks!

Great summary! :good:

Papyrus needs to include insertion and direct widget edit

rrobyrroby

Apr 18, 2010
Reykjavik - ISL

Thanks!

Try HandyNote... ;)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk HD

drumhitz

Sep 18, 2012
Hi.. great apps..

I got lots of notes in my S memo already. is there a way to just import it to G note? without manually key in one by one?

Thanks..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features of GNote
    4. Simple toolbar which can be hidden.

Change Log

7. Minor Bug fixes

Special Thanks to
    g_aquarian for donation

Masiullah? Still developing this app? Long time no see in this thread...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Still there are lot of features that I have planned to implement but was busy for past month as I was moving to another country. In a week or two I will again start the development of this app.
    If i'm not totally wrong, you can upload your app to the Play Store, but you can't sell it. It has to be free. Or if you want to sell apps on the Play Store, you'll have to find a person (that you trust 110%) who can sell your app(s) on your behalf.

I searched a lot but the only answer I get is pay $25 and upload free or paid apps. Since, this application is free, its best for me to host it on XDA.
    Version 0.4 is available for download from OP.

Below is the change log.

7. Minor Bug fixes