[Q] HTC One (M7) Bricked???

Search This thread

foxgre

Sep 11, 2010
Hello. I have the following problem. I friend of mine that I've sold him my old rooted Htc One tried to make 4.4. kitkat
He tried to install
Android_Revolution_HD-One-53.0zip
BUT I don't know how he managed to stuck his phone.The problem is when I am power on the phone it shows the white HTC screen with the red letters "this build is for development purpose only..." after a while reboots in TWRP v2.5.0.0
And that's it , I cannot do anything because my PC won't recognize it via USB cable.
Any suggestions?
(excuse me for my English, with love from Greece :) )

Reactions: EvanLe

R34LY

Feb 7, 2014
Cologne
As long as it boots into Recovery its not bricked. Do you have the HTC Driver installed on your computer?

Android Revolution HD 53 requires min. TWRP 2.6.3.3. Your version is too old.

arses

Mar 24, 2010
Hello. I have the following problem. I friend of mine that I've sold him my old rooted Htc One tried to make 4.4. kitkat
He tried to install
BUT I don't know how he managed to stuck his phone.The problem is when I am power on the phone it shows the white HTC screen with the red letters "this build is for development purpose only..." after a while reboots in TWRP v2.5.0.0
And that's it , I cannot do anything because my PC won't recognize it via USB cable.
Any suggestions?

From recovery go to fastboot connect phone to pc.
It must be recognized.
Then flash boot.img which is in the Revolution.zip.
Then install the rom via recovery.
Remember for unlock and not s-off users the boot.img must be flashed befor flashing a rom.zip.

Sent by myself, without help :))

foxgre

Sep 11, 2010
i am doing as you say, but it's not recognized.
I only get a message android phone, not installed properly

Duwie_80

Mar 5, 2011
Madrid
www.lightartifacts.com
SAME problem (or pretty similar) here

SAME problem (or pretty similar) here, trying to instal ARHD61.1... I don't know how did I screw up this so much...

My bootloader is TAMPERED, UNLOCKED, S-On. Recovery TRWP (2.7) launches but... many things don't work.

First thing I have to mention is that I didn't forget to enable debugging before all this started (and now I can't launch android to do it).
My HTC drivers should be up-to-date, as I installed yesterday HTC sync 3.00.52...

In bootloader, if I type "fastboot devices" I get "FA34HW903605 fastboot", and "fastboot reboot.bootloader" does what it is expected to do...
In recovery, "adb push" tells me "error: device not found".

Can someone help me? If you need more details, just ask. Thanks

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

SAME problem (or pretty similar) here, trying to instal ARHD61.1... I don't know how did I screw up this so much...

My bootloader is TAMPERED, UNLOCKED, S-On. Recovery TRWP (2.7) launches but... many things don't work.

First thing I have to mention is that I didn't forget to enable debugging before all this started (and now I can't launch android to do it).
My HTC drivers should be up-to-date, as I installed yesterday HTC sync 3.00.52...

In bootloader, if I type "fastboot devices" I get "FA34HW903605 fastboot", and "fastboot reboot.bootloader" does what it is expected to do...

can you guys check out FAQ #2 in my guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082 if that's the problem you have

Reactions: Duwie_80

Duwie_80

Mar 5, 2011
Madrid
www.lightartifacts.com
can you guys check out FAQ #2 in my guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082 if that's the problem you have

Let me try and I'll tell you later. I also think it's a matter of drivers, so I was downloading and re-installing it... Thank you for your help ;)

-------------------------------------------------- UPDATE --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I followed your steps (LET ME THANK YOU FOR MAKING THAT GUIDE) and now the device is "My HTC" as you show.
Something has changed:
If I type "adb devices" (in PC) when phone is in fastboot, the listing is void (before I got "FA34HW903605 fastboot"), and if I do the same while phone is in recovery, I get the mentioned "FA34HW903605 recovery".

In Windows7 I don't see "My HTC" as a conventional USB storage or Memory of a Camera (should it be?)

I've managed to ADB PUSH a ROM (ARHD) in recovery, but now I get an error message: "Unable to mount '/data' " and "Unable to mount internal storage " then FAILED. Now I'll try flashing a new recovery...

Last edited:

Duwie_80

Mar 5, 2011
Madrid
www.lightartifacts.com
WOW WOW WOW!! It was enough for me, sir ;)

1st) Solve comunnication issues as shown in FAQ #2 here
2nd) Solve TWRP recovery mount issues by:
2.a) Installing any other (clockwork) in fastboot using One All In One Kit (eaaaasy)
2.b) Formatting cache, system, data partitions
2.c) Installing TWRP again using One All In One Kit (Android Revolution REQUIRES this recovery)
2.d) Sending the ROM ('adb push your_rom.zip /sdcard/wherever_you_want_it')
2.e) Installing it from TWRP recovery.

An that was all. THANKS A LOT nkk71; without your help I still would be here trying to figure out what's broken... Thanks.

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

2.a) Installing any other (clockwork) in fastboot using One All In One Kit (eaaaasy)
2.c) Installing TWRP again using One All In One Kit (Android Revolution REQUIRES this recovery)

An that was all. THANKS A LOT nkk71; without your help I still would be here trying to figure out what's broken... Thanks.

no problem, glad to be of help :)

remember for most 4.4 ROMs, (for m7_u/ul) TWRP 2.6.3.3 (or higher) is recommended at the moment.

though you should be good by downloading it, then checking MD5 to make sure the download isnt corrupt (that site doesnt work with download managers), then:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

-> enter recovery and push the rom

Reactions: Duwie_80

foxgre

Sep 11, 2010
Thank you all for your support, but still the problem remains.
I have installed HTC Drivers and when i connect the HtcOne i can hear the USB beep from windows but i cannot open the phone like a drive.
In other words i cannot add files to the phone :crying::crying:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I have installed HTC Drivers and when i connect the HtcOne i can hear the USB beep from windows but i cannot open the phone like a drive.

you're really not giving any details... so you hear a sound... what does Windows Device Manager show??

Duwie_80

Mar 5, 2011
Madrid
www.lightartifacts.com

It wont be so easy, I'm afraid. Even if comunication issues are solved, you won't be able to copy your ROM using windows file manager, opening the phone like a conventional drive...

You have to install "ADB" in your PC (search in HTC ONE subforums, there's a lot of info about ADB pusing (=copying) ROMS) and use it to copy your ROM. One advice: while "pushing" the ROM, be patient: it takes a long time. When your ROM is "pushed", just install it in recovery and... that's it!!

I think here you have a good starting point.

Last edited:
Reactions: foxgre

foxgre

Sep 11, 2010
It wont be so easy, I'm afraid. Even if comunication issues are solved, you won't be able to copy your ROM using windows file manager, opening the phone like a conventional drive...

You have to install "ADB" in your PC (search in HTC ONE subforums, there's a lot of info about ADB pusing (=copying) ROMS) and use it to copy your ROM. One advice: while "pushing" the ROM, be patient: it takes a long time. When your ROM is "pushed", just install it in recovery and... that's it!!

Thanks again i am already looking for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    He tried to install
    Any suggestions?

no problem, glad to be of help :)

remember for most 4.4 ROMs, (for m7_u/ul) TWRP 2.6.3.3 (or higher) is recommended at the moment.

though you should be good by downloading it, then checking MD5 to make sure the download isnt corrupt (that site doesnt work with download managers), then:
    fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

-> enter recovery and push the rom