rSAP profile in MR2?

Search This thread

MatoV

Jan 9, 2009
Please, can somebody already having MR2 in X2 check availability of rSAP profile under bluetooth options? Thanks!

BRAIN_STEW

Apr 27, 2010
under the profiles tab they are as follows;

A2DP
HSP
HFP 1.5
Pan
Opp
AVRCP
PBAP
SPP
SEWP
GAP
GAVDP
GOEP

no rSAP

MatoV

Jan 9, 2009
Thanks for quick reply:)
So it seems no improvement against MR1:(
Does anybody know whether some modifications/adds of Setup_BT_extensions.CAB installing BT profiles can make rSAP working?
Maybe similar *.CAB from an other device as HD2 can be installed? Ideas?

Last edited:

Jolo_

Oct 2, 2007
Santiago
What's the importance of rSAP profile?

I read the other day that the miss of rSAP cause problems on some Bluetooth audio wireless car kits.

My X2 works without a glitch on my 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer with a Parrot MKi9000 device. Also, the other day I've tried my X2 on a 2010 Audi A4 with original Audi factory Bluetooth wireless kit, no problems either.

Cheers.

timekille

Mar 31, 2010
What's the importance of rSAP profile?

I read the other day that the miss of rSAP cause problems on some Bluetooth audio wireless car kits.

My X2 works without a glitch on my 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer with a Parrot MKi9000 device. Also, the other day I've tried my X2 on a 2010 Audi A4 with original Audi factory Bluetooth wireless kit, no problems either.

Cheers.
Mitsubishi Lancer is NOT using rSAP (remote SIM access). It pair with you phone as a regular Bluetooth hands free - mean that even when paired, all phone calls are still received and pass thru your phone. rSAP is complettely different story and brings all new functionality and user experience. Via rSAP (google it if you want to go to more technical details) your phone "borrow" his SIM card ID to the car, transfer phone book, SMS and sometimes e-mails to the car so you can see/use them on your car main display/navi etc... and then phone itself switch off his radio and goes in stand by mode. What's the difference ? To make calls you are using car's external antenna, car's amplifier, and build in car audio system - as a result you get MUCH BETTER reception even in areas where network coverage is not good and CRYSTAL CLEAR sound. This is included (since 2005) in All premium quality cars/models of All car manufacturers. As example for sure is included in my Mercedes C-class (who is even "lower end" compared with E and S-class models). It is also included in BMW, Audi, Toyota (premium quality models only), Lexus, Skoda, WV (premium models and as an option for low-end models.
NOTE: rSAP Bluetooth kit is considered "optional" for Audi A4 as it adds premium experience - in A6 or A8 should be "standard" and included without need to order it as an option.

timekille

Mar 31, 2010
Does anybody know whether some modifications/adds of Setup_BT_extensions.CAB installing BT profiles can make rSAP working?
Maybe similar *.CAB from an other device as HD2 can be installed? Ideas?

I have already tried every .cab from HTC published here - unfortunately noone have worked :-(
Btw - same cabs have worked for X1, so I guess there are some differences in BT chip...
I would be also happy if someone find a solution... :confused:

Jolo_

Oct 2, 2007
Santiago
Mitsubishi Lancer is NOT using rSAP (remote SIM access). It pair with you phone as a regular Bluetooth hands free - mean that even when paired, all phone calls are still received and pass thru your phone. rSAP is complettely different story and brings all new functionality and user experience. Via rSAP (google it if you want to go to more technical details) your phone "borrow" his SIM card ID to the car, transfer phone book, SMS and sometimes e-mails to the car so you can see/use them on your car main display/navi etc... and then phone itself switch off his radio and goes in stand by mode. What's the difference ? To make calls you are using car's external antenna, car's amplifier, and build in car audio system - as a result you get MUCH BETTER reception even in areas where network coverage is not good and CRYSTAL CLEAR sound. This is included (since 2005) in All premium quality cars/models of All car manufacturers. As example for sure is included in my Mercedes C-class (who is even "lower end" compared with E and S-class models). It is also included in BMW, Audi, Toyota (premium quality models only), Lexus, Skoda, WV (premium models and as an option for low-end models.
NOTE: rSAP Bluetooth kit is considered "optional" for Audi A4 as it adds premium experience - in A6 or A8 should be "standard" and included without need to order it as an option.

I understand. Thank you for your explanation.

One question: the Apple iPhone supports rSAP?

Cheers.

timekille

Mar 31, 2010
@Jolo_
I've heard from my friend that it was implemented with one of their last OS updates, so it's probably available on 3G and 3GS (not in original iPhone)