[ROM] [2011.10.31] Bravo2.2 v1.7 (by brianlee)

Search This thread

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
Since brianlili has joined us at XDA he is now posting this himself. Please see his thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332410

Bravo 2.2 v1.7 by brianlee
Change log for bravo2.2-V1.7
Battery charging progress indicator by media leds.
Choose network operator menually function.
Fix ussd service unavailable issue.
Fix browser crash issue when visitting "https" website.
Linux ext4 partition supported(thanks mz's support).
Default language english, default local USA.

ps: details about charging progress, 5%-40% camcorder led turn on; 50%-80% camera, camcorder leds turn on; 90% three of them turn on; 100% three of them trun off, charging finish.

Downloads

v1.7
- Link - Thanks biranlili in post #484

EPM Update for 1.7
Attached to post #530 by brianlee

Instructions

1. Download 1.7 from the link above.
  2. Download the Update from above (if you want enhanced power menu).
  3. Extract the contents of the 1.7 download.
  4. Copy the contents of the 2sdcard folder to the root of your sd card. (You can skip the OpenRecovery files and just copy the nandroid folder if you already have OR/AOR installed).
  5. Copy the update ZIP file into /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
  6. Reboot into OpenRecovery
  7. Nandroid > Restore > bravo2.2-brian
  8. Apply Update > epm-patch-bravo1.7.zip
  9. Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik, Factory Reset (You should be able to skip this step if already using Bravo).

Let me know if there are any problems with this info, thanks!

Old info;
Downloads

v1.6
- Link 1 - or - Link 2 - Thanks to gn01222116 and LibertyMonger for re-uploading.

Update for 1.6
Download (by brianlee and Mioze7Ae, see this post and this post for more info. (Updated 2011.10.05)

Now up to v1.6, see post #47 in this thread for download links. Thanks to gn01222116 for the update this time.

Edit: Just a quick note, apparently the author of this ROM (Brian Lee) is now on XDA with username brianlili - thanks Mioze7Ae.
v1.5 is out, see post #33 in this thread.
Thanks to patejlice for keeping us updated.
See post #32 for 1.4b:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17307255&postcount=32
Update, 08/30, v1.3
There is a new version of this ROM out for anyone interested, see original link in OP. I did end up trying this briefly before, I will give it another shot this weekend I think.

Maybe some changes can even be merged with XDA Special.

From what I understand the "T Roaming" menu was removed/changed - this is something I asked about when we first started working with WanHu ROM.
Also a message I get all the time about network time not being set has been removed.
And there is mention of the radio volume being fixed.

Not sure what else has changed ....

Original Post v1.1:
http://translate.googleusercontent....1.html&usg=ALkJrhiBqSrDMFLum-H24idHFH1BoUH1ew
I can't seem to make it through the registration process to download this as even with the Google translation I am missing something on the registration page.
If anyone has more luck can you post the download here so we can try it?
Thanks!

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,061
  • apps.jpg
    apps.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,538
  • about.jpg
    about.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,561
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 978
  • spareparts.jpg
    spareparts.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,026
Last edited:

dannyfly

Jul 31, 2010
Auckland
###translation post from brianlee in http://bbs.mfunz.com/thread-163142-1-1.html###

v1.1
download link removed please see link 6 for mirror
download>root>openrecovery>nandroid restore>wipe cache>wipe dalvik cache>wipe user data>reboot

update
livewallpaper and market apkclick here
install to system/app

everything smooth to be very fast 169mb available internal storage, has no build in keyboard, supported language english (default), korean, simplified chinese, traditional chinese
setting>language and keyboard>user dictionary (force close)
confirmed time sync is working

###
original post from brianlee
Rom featrure v1.1:
1. Stock froyo UI, after boot has about 60mb ram, included motoblur launcher
2. fix chinese txt problem and loud fm volumn
3. fix korean number format, removed "-" in between numbers
4. hardware perfection media button is working, switch sequence as normal(also work as screen on)wifi gps edge all working
5. support hardware decode for h.264, galley camera record app are official moto apps all works good
6. better battery management idle time up to 72 hrs, better than 2.1
7. swap and app2sd supported, simply fastboot with fjfalcon's kernal
8. can use "system application remover" to uninstall some program such as google map, ocr, and bala bala trash
9 this rom does not allow manua input for apn (so i guess the default apn are set for china unicom or china mobile) some people report time doesnt sync but it seems to be working
###

heres some screen shot by author

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

forum.php

Last edited:

abet1017

Feb 15, 2011
Is this rom based on motoroi like wanhu? how about the haptic feedback, tv-out and other features of wanhu, are those things supported in this rom?

JiroPrinz8

Apr 20, 2011
Island city of the South
Man too much stuff going on for XT720..!

I think this one will be on hold as all our Devs are working simultaneously working on 2 ROMs as of the moment.. But i would be interested on how this differs from the other ROMs that we've had..

dannyfly

Jul 31, 2010
Auckland
like another version of wanhu 2.2.1 rom, haptic feedback is working good, havent try tv out dont have 3.5mm cable here

dont have pre-installed keyboard and fc on market whenever i try to run it
korean ocr
claim fm radio is working but i didnt try it
media button is working and switching between camera and video recorder normally
number format in dialer is correct but does not support ussd

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdstring

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: LibertyMonger

abet1017

Feb 15, 2011
like another version of wanhu 2.2.1 rom, haptic feedback is working good, havent try tv out dont have 3.5mm cable here

dont have pre-installed keyboard and fc on market whenever i try to run it
korean ocr
claim fm radio is working but i didnt try it
media button is working and switching between camera and video recorder normally
number format in dialer is correct but does not support ussd

How about the performance and speed? in comparison with wanhu and cm6 rom? what do you think?

V

Vistaus

"included motoblur launcher"

Ported to non-motoblur or just HeLauncher with the MotoBlur-skin?

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
There is a new version of this ROM out for anyone interested, see original link in OP. I did end up trying this briefly before, I will give it another shot this weekend I think.

From what I understand the "T Roaming" menu was removed/changed - this is something I asked about when we first started working with WanHu ROM.
Also a message I get all the time about network time not being set has been removed.

Reactions: fjfalcon

S7icky

Jun 23, 2011

Does this rom work on wind?

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo

have you checked ussd query?

fjfalcon

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Schelkovo
Just try to send *100#.
If it will try to call -then ussd not working, if will be "sending ussd" message - than working.
Btw, can you mirror it, cause i can't understand chinese symbols on registration...

R-D

Dec 19, 2010
Just try to send *100#.
If it will try to call -then ussd not working, if will be "sending ussd" message - than working.
Btw, can you mirror it, cause i can't understand chinese symbols on registration...

I couldn't finish the registration in Chinese before either, luckily someone helped then too. :)

I will give it a try this weekend if nobody has checked before then.

Reactions: Mioze7Ae

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since brianlili has joined us at XDA he is now posting this himself. Please see his thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332410

Bravo 2.2 v1.7 by brianlee

ps: details about charging progress, 5%-40% camcorder led turn on; 50%-80% camera, camcorder leds turn on; 90% three of them turn on; 100% three of them trun off, charging finish.

Downloads

v1.7
    - Link - Thanks biranlili in post #484

EPM Update for 1.7
    Attached to post #530 by brianlee

Instructions

1. Download 1.7 from the link above.
    2. Download the Update from above (if you want enhanced power menu).
    3. Extract the contents of the 1.7 download.
    4. Copy the contents of the 2sdcard folder to the root of your sd card. (You can skip the OpenRecovery files and just copy the nandroid folder if you already have OR/AOR installed).
    5. Copy the update ZIP file into /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
    6. Reboot into OpenRecovery
    7. Nandroid > Restore > bravo2.2-brian
    8. Apply Update > epm-patch-bravo1.7.zip
    9. Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik, Factory Reset (You should be able to skip this step if already using Bravo).

Let me know if there are any problems with this info, thanks!

Old info;
    Downloads

v1.6
    - Link 1 - or - Link 2 - Thanks to gn01222116 and LibertyMonger for re-uploading.

Update for 1.6
    Download (by brianlee and Mioze7Ae, see this post and this post for more info. (Updated 2011.10.05)

Now up to v1.6, see post #47 in this thread for download links. Thanks to gn01222116 for the update this time.

Edit: Just a quick note, apparently the author of this ROM (Brian Lee) is now on XDA with username brianlili - thanks Mioze7Ae.
    v1.5 is out, see post #33 in this thread.
    Thanks to patejlice for keeping us updated.
    See post #32 for 1.4b:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17307255&postcount=32
    Update, 08/30, v1.3

Original Post v1.1:
    http://translate.googleusercontent....1.html&usg=ALkJrhiBqSrDMFLum-H24idHFH1BoUH1ew
    I can't seem to make it through the registration process to download this as even with the Google translation I am missing something on the registration page.
    If anyone has more luck can you post the download here so we can try it?
    Thanks!
    I don't know, I think I have been able to back up system, data, cache, boot and logo but can't remember if I have successfully backed up ext4 with bravo. I do know last week I tried backing up ext4 and it appeared backed up but nothing else happened, usually when we back up ext4 it's supposed to change it back to ext2. I use the app2sd within the ROM and Mz's update, just make an app folder in ext3 then switch ext3 to ext4 in O.R. So I am thinking the issue is with ext4, kinda the same problems I had before when I had so much trouble

I want to give you a new version, just incase you are going to reflash your phone, you can use this. but power menu still remain stock's, so if you want to use extend power menu or use the themes for epm version, please replace the three framework files in mz's patch.

download link:http://uploadingit.com/file/unjzrmf6hcqohqii/Bravo2.2-V1.7-global.rar

MZ is it ok to flash this update even I already flashed the one made by brian?

hi, I am brianlee, I can post here now:)

It is ok to flash the update, it is the latest.
    I've got the extended power menu incorporated. I'm updating the bootscripts for ext4/Link2SD etc. LM PM me all the updates you've got and I'll roll everything together. I think we'll just leave the DarkTremor a2sd out of this. It didn't solve the problems we hoped it would and it's trying to do too many things to be easily grokable by me. I haven't had a chance to study all of HMs improvements in XDAsher so this is going to be closer to CM6's boot scripts (which were an evolution of the WanHu Mz05 scripts).