CyanogenMod 9 Development

Search This thread

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
awesome :) I have only one request,

please include the menu Glückliches long press home mod! I really don't like the recent key being remapped to menu!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

jangrewe

Jun 20, 2008
Berlin
faked.org
Why don´t you join efforts with Trip!? His build is rock solid at this moment ;)

That was a rather stupid question... Trip is a drama queen that doesn't share his (his? "the") sources he's working on. If he would share his work/changes, things may look different, but judging by his current attitude, that's not gonna happen.

A CM9 port only makes sense if the sources are open, so that it can be merged with the rest of the project. So even if Trip is a lot further than anybody else working on the HOX, his work will be futile if he doesn't share it.

lrbpereira

May 30, 2009
Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo
A CM9 port only makes sense if the sources are open, so that it can be merged with the rest of the project. So even if Trip is a lot further than anybody else working on the HOX, his work will be futile if he doesn't share it.

Not really into this ban issue... But I think that speaking to him his gonna work witht the community. If not... his work will go to waist because some day some team is going to overpass him in the dev stage...

Here is his github: https://github.com/TripNRaVeR

Would love to see all working with each other. We have a top phone, and it isn´t suported by the CM9 Team... :(

jangrewe

Jun 20, 2008
Berlin
faked.org
Not really into this ban issue... But I think that speaking to him his gonna work witht the community. If not... his work will go to waist because some day some team is going to overpass him in the dev stage...

Here is his github: https://github.com/TripNRaVeR

Would love to see all working with each other. We have a top phone, and it isn´t suported by the CM9 Team... :(

I don't know his backstory, and frankly i don't care, but i did try to talk some sense into him a couple days ago - he could be the main dev for the HOX at CM, but all he cared about was that "somebody" would steal his work. Wow. I guess he didn't consider where he got the sources from in the first place.

I know that he has some github repos, but that's only the kernel tree, not the device tree, and there are other people's kernel tree out there already.

Also there's is no such thing as "supported by the CM9 Team"! Somebody has to step up and say/show that he's working on a port for a specific device, and then sacrifice his first-born child at full moon... or something like that.
It's not like cyanogen or one of the other main guys behind CM write each and every line of code by themselves, it's a group effort. If somebody works on it, it may be accepted and released as an official port. =)

lrbpereira

May 30, 2009
Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo
I don't know his backstory, and frankly i don't care, but i did try to talk some sense into him a couple days ago - he could be the main dev for the HOX at CM, but all he cared about was that "somebody" would steal his work. Wow. I guess he didn't consider where he got the sources from in the first place.

I know that he has some github repos, but that's only the kernel tree, not the device tree, and there are other people's kernel tree out there already.

Also there's is no such thing as "supported by the CM9 Team"! Somebody has to step up and say/show that he's working on a port for a specific device, and then sacrifice his first-born child at full moon... or something like that.
It's not like cyanogen or one of the other main guys behind CM write each and every line of code by themselves, it's a group effort. If somebody works on it, it may be accepted and released as an official port. =)

Yes! I know, I can from HD2 to SGS2, and I know how the guys are on those phones. Great job that Codeworks and Xplodwild did on kickstart CM9 to all the phones pushing it futher on the SGS2.

Hope that TripNRaven could reason with all the XDA chiefs, we only want the best to our HOX, and the best can only be achieved with teamwork. It´s a bad principle having tree or four trees of the same fruit...

I´m going to try give this a hand on MoDaCo... going to get my ass kicked...

empyyy

Feb 3, 2012
I'm getting the following error when building:
Code:
stat: illegal option -- c
usage: stat [-FlLnqrsx] [-f format] [-t timefmt] [file ...]
  LD      arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
/Volumes/android/cm9/prebuilt/darwin-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-ld:--defsym _image_size=: syntax error
make[4]: *** [arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux] Error 1
make[3]: *** [arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux] Error 2
make[2]: *** [zImage] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES] Error 2

I tried to build it with gcc-4.7, gcc-4.2 and llvm-gcc4.2. Building for the Galaxy Nexus works fine.

Apr 19, 2012
I'm getting the following error when building:
Code:
  LD      arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
/Volumes/android/cm9/prebuilt/darwin-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-ld:--defsym _image_size=: syntax error
make[4]: *** [arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux] Error 1
make[3]: *** [arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux] Error 2
make[2]: *** [zImage] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES] Error 2

I tried to build it with gcc-4.7, gcc-4.2 and llvm-gcc4.2. Building for the Galaxy Nexus works fine.

You are building on a Mac right..? That's probably it...you would be much better off with a Ubuntu VM.

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
I will say this again since no one has paid any attention to me. You guys here are building something special. Get your asses in gear and contact a mod to move this thread in Development. You lot are build cm9 and trying to port it over. The more you stick it in development the more attention it will get and more people will try and help. You guys are developing so it should be stuck in there.

Hope someone sees sense into this and finally does the right thing. Cause i hope if i get my One X back i can have my CM9 back cause there is nothing better than this.

Cheers lads for your hard work and wish i could do more to help:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on porting CM9 to HTC One X. I've made a lot of progress but there are still issues. I wanted to get the source out as soon as possible to get more people working on it.

See the wiki for more information.

Status

Working:

• Radio (calls and 3G)
    • Audio
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Camera
    • FM Radio
    • Echo/In call volume fixed
    • Wifi Tethering

Issues/TODO list:

• Wifi Direct
    • Blank screen on rotation
    • Data connection occasionally fails
    • Camera focusing on face issue

Nightly Builds

Thanks to jangrewe for providing the nightly builds.

Downloads: http://mirror.faked.org/cm9/
    Jenkins: http://faked.org/jenkins

Reporting issues

https://github.com/intermediaterepresentation/android_device_htc_endeavor/issues

Flashing ROM

Using CWM you can flash the ROM.

The kernel must be flashed manually unless you have S-OFF:

Extract the zip file.

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

Building

Add the following to your .repo/local_manifest.xml:

Code:
    <project name="intermediaterepresentation/android_hardware_ti_wlan" path="hardware/ti/wlan" remote="github" revision="p-ics-mr1-release"/>
    <project name="intermediaterepresentation/android_kernel_htc_endeavor" path="kernel/htc/endeavor" remote="github" revision="master" />
    <project name="intermediaterepresentation/android_device_htc_endeavor" path="device/htc/endeavoru" remote="github" revision="master" />

Sync code.

Code:
    repo sync

And compile:

Code:
    add_lunch_combo cm_endeavoru-userdebug
    lunch cm_endeavoru-userdebug
    (cd device/htc/endeavoru && ./extract_files.sh)
    make -j4 otapackage

Contributions

Please send me pull requests on GitHub if you want to contribute.

Sources

Device Configuration - https://github.com/intermediaterepresentation/android_device_htc_endeavor
    Kernel - https://github.com/intermediaterepresentation/android_kernel_htc_endeavor

Change Log

5/19/2012 - Initial import of project
    5/20/2012 - Bluetooth support added
    5/20/2012 - GPS added
    5/21/2012 - NFC added
    5/28/2012 - Add build links
    5/28/2012 - Auto brightness, ICS switcher for hardware key, and more (thanks gorbi) - https://github.com/intermediaterepresentation/android_device_htc_endeavor/pull/1
    5/28/2012 - Camera is now working!
    5/30/2012 -
    akaspin - fix bug with editing custom backlight levels
    tgascoigne - fix usb mass storage
    gorbi - fix for chrome. system tweaks.
    6/26/2012 - Update changelog and add wiki link
    can everyone stop talking about trip's rom. he wont share source, he wont share tips. lets stay on topic and help build xda's cm9...
    JB sources out! :)

-- Sent from somewhere using some app. --

Build coming soon, hold tight :)
    Hi OP!

The EternityProject is interested to give huge contributions on this proper CyanogenMod 9 port.

If you want to work with us, we can integrate new functions in there for making that ROM to be a performance beast.
    The new functions that can be integrated, are the ones available in our EternityProject Kernel, like ION, Mediaserver, HW AVP and Tegra IOMMU, but not only those ones.

There are really much things that can be done for making this to be a monster-release.

If you're interested, watch your PM inbox!

The EternityProject Team Manager & Main Developer,
    --kholk
    The echo fix (with camera now working) has been merged. It'll be in the next build, be sure to test it out and give feedback.