[Q] Red Exclamation Triangle when trying to boot to recovery

Search This thread

unkle_77

Jan 30, 2014
I've spent hours scouring these forums for this answer and I can't figure this out and need help. I had a flash go bad and caused me to hang at the LG logo. I followed the instructions on how to revert to stock and after several attempts and methods, I managed to get to a Verizon boot loop after flashing the 12b kdz. Then using the tot method, I got the 11a to work. So, now I am back to stock and re-rooted with ioroot20.

Now no matter what I do, I cannot boot to CWM recovery. Please help. All I can get is the Android laying on his side with an exclamation point inside a red triangle.

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
I've spent hours scouring these forums for this answer and I can't figure this out and need help. I had a flash go bad and caused me to hang at the LG logo. I followed the instructions on how to revert to stock and after several attempts and methods, I managed to get to a Verizon boot loop after flashing the 12b kdz. Then using the tot method, I got the 11a to work. So, now I am back to stock and re-rooted with ioroot20.

Now no matter what I do, I cannot boot to CWM recovery. Please help. All I can get is the Android laying on his side with an exclamation point inside a red triangle.

Since you flashed back to stock, the restore process restored stock recovery (dead android with red exclamation). You need to reinstall a custom recovery.

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud

unkle_77

Jan 30, 2014
I've done that several times. The way I am doing it is through clockwork and just letting it download. Is there another way I should be doing it?

simon_lefisch

Dec 8, 2010
I've done that several times. The way I am doing it is through clockwork and just letting it download. Is there another way I should be doing it?

You can use the adb file in ioroot to flash your recovery. Adb will verify if your recovery has been flashed properly.

Use one of these files

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48879826

And follow this guide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45713343

Option one is the best/safest

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud

Last edited: