Swapping motherboards

Search This thread

icebear8

Aug 5, 2010
Des moines ia
so my first S3 LCD screen cracked and i went out and bought a used S3 off CL (i even called sprint and they said it had a clean ESN) i get home to activate it and then won't because the guy called and reported it lost.well what i am wondering is can i just remove the motherboard from my old s3 with the cracked screen and swap it with the bad ESN phone? would i have to also swap out the radio as well or just the motherboard?

beezie42

Jul 2, 2011
Traverse City, MI
so my first S3 LCD screen cracked and i went out and bought a used S3 off CL (i even called sprint and they said it had a clean ESN) i get home to activate it and then won't because the guy called and reported it lost.well what i am wondering is can i just remove the motherboard from my old s3 with the cracked screen and swap it with the bad ESN phone? would i have to also swap out the radio as well or just the motherboard?

Yup it should work fine. I have done it before with a few phones including a s3. Just Google "taking apart a s3" and you'll find video guides on it.

It may seem difficult but it really is a easy thing to do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yup it should work fine. I have done it before with a few phones including a s3. Just Google "taking apart a s3" and you'll find video guides on it.

It may seem difficult but it really is a easy thing to do.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk